West Ham V Liverppol - FA CUP REPLAY - Tue 9th Feb 7.45 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:18 am

Please let the kids back out!!!!!!

Drop Mignolet and let Danny Ward get his much deserved chance, Brad Smith, Jon Flanagan, Joao Teixeira, Shey Ojo, Callum Brannagan, Tiago Ilori, Kevin Stewart, Pedro Chirivella should all be involved

Throw in a couple of senior players like Steven Caulker, perhaps give Benteke another game up top

Sturridge on the bench, maybe even Coutinho if fit enough as well

Yeh, everyone will say play strongest team, we need to win this cup as league is gone, but at the moment, these kids have more guts, guile and will to win than the senior team

Bring it on !
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:54 pm

I'm sorry but wake me up when the league cup final comes...  :sleepy:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Does anyway really care, can the club disappoint us any more than they already do?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:56 pm

I think West Ham will rotate plenty for this game. We don't play again until Sunday so plenty of time for recovery but I would still like us to mix it up. Think some of these players are pushing for more football in the league to be honest.

Ward

Flanagan     Caulker     Toure     Smith

Stewart     Lucas
                        Brannagan

Ibe          Tex
                         Firmino

Subs: Benteke, Sturridge, Lallana, Milner, Ilori, Moreno, Mignolet
Eagle

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Reg » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:55 pm wrote:Does anyway really care, can the club disappoint us any more than they already do?

I care mate, even though they hurt us so much, i will always care
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:04 pm

You're young mate.  This particular 'girlfriend' has let us down too often over the last 25 years.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:20 pm

Reg » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:04 pm wrote:You're young mate.  This particular 'girlfriend' has let us down too often over the last 25 years.

I appreciate your sentiment Reg mate, but what my age has to do with wanting the lads to win and trying to show some optimism doesn't really make much sense

I don't consider mid 40's that young to be honest lol, but i am not arguing

I just want to see the lads do well on tuesday night, i want to forget about yesterday and move on

Too many people (not saying you), but too many people dwell on the bad things, let's move onto the next match now and "go again"
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:36 pm

CR, we are no better than we were 20 years ago, there has been no progress, the fans have been taken for a ride. Everyone connected with the club has made big money - our money - but we get little in return. Your faith is blind, mine isn't.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:58 pm

Reg » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:36 pm wrote:CR, we are no better than we were 20 years ago, there has been no progress, the fans have been taken for a ride. Everyone connected with the club has made big money - our money - but we get little in return. Your faith is blind, mine isn't.

Just to clarify, my faith is not blind, i am feeling the pain, believe me i truly am, but... i have to be optimistic, win, lose, draw i will continue hoping for things to get better

Things are not going well for us in the league, we are in a cup final already, we have the Europa and this FA Cup replay, let's see what we can do
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:06 pm

Reg » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:36 pm wrote:CR, we are no better than we were 20 years ago, there has been no progress, the fans have been taken for a ride. Everyone connected with the club has made big money - our money - but we get little in return. Your faith is blind, mine isn't.

Nothing in 20 years? Bit of an overreaction, don't you think Reg?

Especially given the cups and European titles we've won in that time.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Going to be a tricky one as usual. Hoping studge gets a run in.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:57 am

7_Kewell » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:06 am wrote:
Reg » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:36 pm wrote:CR, we are no better than we were 20 years ago, there has been no progress, the fans have been taken for a ride. Everyone connected with the club has made big money - our money - but we get little in return. Your faith is blind, mine isn't.

I don't think it is an over reaction mate, we've not created anything sustainable, we still don't have a structure that represents anything more than fire fighting. We sell / lose good players, we buy in dross and put them straight into the first team. I don't even know whether we have a reserve team any more. My main point is the Man U dynesty has come and gone, Chelsea have come and dipped, Citech have ended phase 1 and need to rebuild whilst Arsenal play above average but boring football. Liverpool have watched and not competed. We haven't built anything - we still haven't got  structure that recognises we can't compete with Citeh/Chelsea/Manu's money so has created a centre of excellence to produce in house talent. Liverpool have wasted the last 10+ years, all show, high wages and high expectation built on dreams rather than reality. Ever seen a Ferrari running with a Mini engine? Thats LFC.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:41 am

Reg » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:57 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:06 am wrote:

I don't think it is an over reaction mate, we've not created anything sustainable, we still don't have a structure that represents anything more than fire fighting. We sell / lose good players, we buy in dross and put them straight into the first team. I don't even know whether we have a reserve team any more. My main point is the Man U dynesty has come and gone, Chelsea have come and dipped, Citech have ended phase 1 and need to rebuild whilst Arsenal play above average but boring football. Liverpool have watched and not competed. We haven't built anything - we still haven't got  structure that recognises we can't compete with Citeh/Chelsea/Manu's money so has created a centre of excellence to produce in house talent. Liverpool have wasted the last 10+ years, all show, high wages and high expectation built on dreams rather than reality. Ever seen a Ferrari running with a Mini engine? Thats LFC.

Good point!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:56 am

Ok, let's get back on track to the actual match please

James Pearce of Liverpool Echo is reporting the following...

Jurgen Klopp is expected to stick to his vow to field another youthful Liverpool team for the 4th round replay at West Ham, Cameron Brannagan, Kevin Stewart, Pedro Chirivella, Brad Smith and Sheyi Ojo all set to be part of the squad travelling and Daniel Sturridge is also expected to make his long-awaited return to action

Philippe Coutinho and Divock Origi could also play some part in the game having returned to full training last week. Steven Caulker, Joao Carlos Teixeira & Christian Benteke are all likely to start at Upton Park.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:09 pm

The papers are still sticking to this line that Sturridge wants to move to a London club in the summer. To be honest I'm past caring now, the fans are being charged a fortune to watch highly paid footballers who just let them down week after week.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games