Watford vs Liverpool - Vicarage Rd - Sat 16 - 12:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Eagle » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:18 pm

Mo has looked like a man on a mission since the season started. While most of our other players struggled last year he just kept going and his goals dragged us into the top 4. He's a big Liverpool fan and I'm sure be wants the opportunity to celebrate the title with the fans having been denied that opportunity due to Covid.

We were completely dominant today and there were loads of good performances. Mane looks like he has his mojo back, Keita just glides around the pitch doing loads of the stuff that Gini used to do, Hendo looked much better as a 6, Matip bringing the ball out is such an asset, etc.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:12 pm

One thing noticeable today was just how much Salah brings to the team. He is literally everywhere and involved in everything. Such an unbelievable player.

Watford are in trouble if they keep going like that. They were poor and we were just too good today. Total dominance from start to finish resulting in 5 goals and a clean sheet  :buttrock Salahs ball to Mane for the opener was just a peach and again Mane sticks it in 1st time and from distance. Love it when we stretch teams like that. Salahs goal was just cheeky and fully deserved.

Santa wrote:Poor Bobby...everyone complained about his lack of goals and here he is scoring a hat trick (of tap ins) and getting almost zero airtime

He was in the right place at the right time which is something  but I lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away in the 1st half. He does end up with the ball though even if it wasn't his best performance. Football is a funny old game!!

Anyway delighted with that win. Its straight after the break , we were missing 2 big players and it was the bogey kick off slot and we ran out 5.0 winners  :buttrock

Manure getting beat just makes the weekend even better   :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:44 am

Superb performance.
Get Mo signed up.
Great to see Bobby poke his critics in the eye.
Sadio 100 league goals and not a single penalty included... pure class.
Onwards and upwards, we are unplayable.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:10 pm

Reg » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:44 am wrote:Superb performance.
Get Mo signed up.
Great to see Bobby poke his critics in the eye.
Sadio 100 league goals and not a single penalty included... pure class.
Onwards and upwards, we are unplayable.

Good time to play the Mancs then!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:19 pm

5 star performance, well in just what we needed after two draws. We keeping going.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:26 am

Excellent performance by all players, but Salah was a real star.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:33 pm

I don't think I've ever heard a quieter crowd than Watford ,we brought all the noise and when we had our quiet moments I swear I could hear myself sweating *note to self  never wear a jumper and a coat*. Not a peep from the Watford lads. I thought Henderson was brilliant sat deeper ,controlled the play whilst sat in front of our back line with a real swagger and allowed Keita the opportunity to force the play from midfield with some off the scale pressing to ensure Watford never had any real time to fashion a  counter. This may sound strange but I  loved the niggling fouls he kept making to disrupt the play ,he was unbelievable in the Bundesliga for Leipzig ,but he was also guilty of putting himself about a bit and picked up a fair few cards ,hopefully we might see a more combative player when he factors this into his games for us.

Salah is just playing on a higher plane than the mere mortals that share his vocation and his goal was just a simply wondrous sweep of genius. It's almost unfair to the opposition to make his name inclusive in a starting eleven. Absolutely delighted Sadio grabbed his 100th with a clinical take from a quite beautiful assist from Salah ,I believe he needed that and the fact Mo provided it makes it all the more sweeter.

Last word must go to our young Irish keeper as I think we have a genuine gem there ,nothing seems to phase the lad ,even large periods of inactivity appear ineffective against his concentration levels and he does all this with the coolest demeanor I've seen from any young stopper.

0-5 away, at a veritable canter and  all this with the arrogance of champions.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games