Roma v LIVERPOOL (CL) Wed 2nd May 7.45pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 02, 2018 10:48 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:29 pm wrote:The happy clappy posts on here are shocking to be honest. That was one of the most abject performances by a team of highly paid professionals who have no idea how to manage a game. From Karius flapping, not knowing how to push a ball around the post and instead giving it on a plate to a poacher, giving away a legit peno (Dzeko was onside)...TAA having an absolute mare - he looked like a schoolboy apprentice out there, and there's an even BIGGER test ahead of him, so if he had stage fright tonight fark knows what' he'll be like in Kiev. Could have had another peno when he stuck his hands up in the box.
Lovren had a "Lovren" tonight. Mo should read the manual on "when to not be offside....".
All up, this is a team who hadn't a fkin clue how to step up tonight. Three goals up, it should have been a walk in the park.
I want them to beat RM because I despise them. The arrogance wearing shirts with number 13 on them is more of it.
There's a serious amount of growing up to be done between now and the final.

A few calls did go our way but Roma got a fair bit of luck themselves, the push on Mane was a definately pen and the pens they got in both legs were soft as anything. Their first goal tonight was jammy as fsck as well.
You are spot on about Trent though, he looked very shaky, I couldn't believe my eyes in the first half when Dzeko took him on for pace and beat him on the outside!
Apart from Mane's goal we didn't even break well, I think we are better when we go into games as underdogs, we seem to lack intensity when we are front running.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:49 pm

They’ll be looking forward to the last 15 mins and the fact klopp has never won any final he’s managed. It’ll be damage limitation for them for 75 mins.
Well done to the lads for getting to the final though. Hope everyone returns home safe
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 02, 2018 11:16 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:29 pm wrote:The happy clappy posts on here are shocking to be honest. That was one of the most abject performances by a team of highly paid professionals who have no idea how to manage a game. From Karius flapping, not knowing how to push a ball around the post and instead giving it on a plate to a poacher, giving away a legit peno (Dzeko was onside)...TAA having an absolute mare - he looked like a schoolboy apprentice out there, and there's an even BIGGER test ahead of him, so if he had stage fright tonight fark knows what' he'll be like in Kiev. Could have had another peno when he stuck his hands up in the box.
Lovren had a "Lovren" tonight. Mo should read the manual on "when to not be offside....".
All up, this is a team who hadn't a fkin clue how to step up tonight. Three goals up, it should have been a walk in the park.
I want them to beat RM because I despise them. The arrogance wearing shirts with number 13 on them is more of it.

Cheer up you miserable fecker.  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed May 02, 2018 11:16 pm

I thought it was a cra*p performance by us overall. If This is heavy metal football, then it's proper  "heart in your mouth" time.
Second half we were poor. Roma had to score three goals in the last 10 mins, and we nearly gifted it to them!
We played like we were three goals down, rushing around and kept giving the ball away back to Roma. Everyone in the packed out pub I was in near Liverpool kept saying "keep possession, stop giving the ball away"
If we play like that v Madrid, we could pay for it. Maybe it was fatigue, Mo, Bobby, Hendo, Milner have had to step up due to other injuries/number of games etc.

But credit where its due, we are there, but we are a great attacking outfit, but also the only team that THROWS AWAY leads in ties/matches. This is "klopps heavy metal Revolution" :buttrock
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed May 02, 2018 11:19 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:29 pm wrote:The happy clappy posts on here are shocking to be honest. That was one of the most abject performances by a team of highly paid professionals.

For once I agree with you. We kept giving the ball away straight back to Roma, which is why they had some success. We should have slowed the pace down and just kept hold if the ball.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:20 pm

7_Kewell » Wed May 02, 2018 10:16 pm wrote:

:grinning:
Mate, I'm happy we made it through but honestly, there's some serious soul searching to be done by this bunch. The "brain" Buvac must be wondering if they had a collective brainfart tonight....
Still, time to get it right. Go into the final as underdogs. Shove it down the throats of the RM divas.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 02, 2018 11:25 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:20 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Wed May 02, 2018 10:16 pm wrote:

:grinning:
Mate, I'm happy we made it through but honestly, there's some serious soul searching to be done by this bunch. The "brain" Buvac must be wondering if they had a collective brainfart tonight....
Still, time to get it right. Go into the final as underdogs. Shove it down the throats of the RM divas.

It was always going to be up in the air. Roma had nothing to lose and it was going to be end to end. Personally, I never thought it was in doubt. The fact we never got out of 2nd gear makes it all the better. 

As for the final, the best team are out. Real were dreadful and I really think we will do them.  :buttrock

And watch this: https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/991790756418539520  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed May 02, 2018 11:39 pm

7_Kewell » Wed May 02, 2018 11:25 pm wrote: The fact we never got out of 2nd gear makes it all the better. 

Did you pay attention tonight, especially second half!? We kept giving the ball straight back to Roma, panicked a bit like we were three goals down, and lost 4-2.

Cannot afford to do that in Kiev Matey Boy
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 03, 2018 12:11 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:

A few calls did go our way but Roma got a fair bit of luck themselves, the push on Mane was a definately pen and the pens they got in both legs were soft as anything. Their first goal tonight was jammy as fsck as well.
You are spot on about Trent though, he looked very shaky, I couldn't believe my eyes in the first half when Dzeko took him on for pace and beat him on the outside!
Apart from Mane's goal we didn't even break well, I think we are better when we go into games as underdogs, we seem to lack intensity when we are front running.

That ref was utter cack lads.

Agree about Trent having a poor game but it was just inexperience in such a big game. Dzeko is seasoned enough to capitalise on that which he did once or twice. Maybe Clyne for the final ( We are officially there  :buttrock ) but match fitness will be a problem for him. In saying that we all feared Trent would be ripped apart by City but he came through that flying so he has those performances in him.

Overall I thought we were poor enough. Whether it was the atmosphere, Occasion or Fatigue we just never got really going but  Fook it  :D  we are in the final  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu May 03, 2018 12:18 am

Wow we are in the final of the Champions league and I'm surprised we've got people here whining about tonights performance.

Yup we were a bit below par but we got the job done.

At the end it was no peno and that strike from Nainggolan came out the blue. 2-2 on the night would have been a fair result.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Thu May 03, 2018 12:27 am

Its a fact that we won ALL our European Cup/Champions League Finals wearing RED against a team wearing WHITE...Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Kiev!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 03, 2018 2:24 am

How good has Liverpool's campaign been?

+ Mohamed Salah (10), Roberto Firmino (10) and Sadio Mane (9) are now the highest scoring trio for a club in a single Champions League season - overtaking Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema for Real Madrid in 2013-14.
+ Liverpool have scored 20 away goals in the Champions League this season, a joint-record in a single campaign in the competition (level with Real Madrid 2013-14).
+ The Reds also became the third team to score 40 goals within a single season in the Champions League, after Barcelona (45 in 1999-00) and Real Madrid (41 in 2013-14).
+ Liverpool were the first team to score a Champions League goal away to Roma all season.
+ The Reds are the only team to score five or more goals in four games in a single Champions League season.
+ They were the only side still unbeaten in the Champions League ahead of the semi-final second leg in Rome (W7 D4)
+ Liverpool have reached their eighth European Cup/Champions League final (first since 2007), at least three more than any other English side.
+ With 13 goals over the two legs, this is the highest ever scoring Champions League semi-final, overtaking Monaco vs Juventus (4-6) in 1998.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 03, 2018 3:59 am

Liverpool have been allocated 16,660 tickets for the final in 75,000 seat stadium.

Once again chaos will ensue as 40,000 reds descend on Kiev and the touts ensure the fans end up mixed together...

Tickets are already being offered at $2,000-$2,5000 a pop.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 03, 2018 4:46 am

While I am overjoyed regarding us being through to the finals, the 2nd half performance left much to be desired. We need to show alot more grit in these circumstances and somehow our midfield and defence just don't have that. Rafa's best teams, when we score 1 or 2 goals it is 90% certain that we will go on to control and win the game. This team just doesn't have that. VVD's effect seems to be waning. Klopp needs to regroup the defence and make sure that we don't revert to the situation before VVD arrived. We have to be alot better against Real in the finals, otherwise something like our first game against City can happen.

Other than that...

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 03, 2018 5:28 am

A very different game and not easy to analyse.  We got the 2 away goals which were a godsend both at the time and at the end.

LFC didn't use the Fab 3 at more than half pace, it was a midfield/defence game. Things went well until the 3rd goal which was either skillful or fortunate I don't know which. The 4th goal was a joke but could have cost us the tie. Until then we had contained well and blunted their attack to pop-shots from Dzeko.

What concerned me was with 15-20 minutes to go we noticeably changed our tactics from 50/50 attack/defence to 100% defence. We invited them to attack and they scored 2. WTF?

Also, whilst TAA is a young lad and made the expected mistakes of an inexperienced player at this level, with 10-15 to go he was out on his feet. Completely knackered. I didn't want to disrupt the team with substitutes but I was wrong, Roma found us out in the last 15 at both Anfield and Rome. We can't make the same mistake against RM we must rotate before the lads make mistakes and cost us goals.

Otherwise TAA and Robertson were fantastic, Milner was a monster and Gini. Front 3 not called on as much as  usual but very pleased to see Mane up for it and for once his finishing was spot on! Karius is growing into the role, clearly not the finished article but that's what you get when you pluck a youngster and play him in the CL semi final...

Overall, this team is running on fumes, the Chelsea game will take more out of us but the squad need to rest. We have a team with no reserves, each individual is critical to the final result. If I'm honest we need a lot of luck to win the final, we're a solid XI but the lack of quality on the bench will show in the later stages of the final when the game will be won or lost. Start praying now.  Onwards and Upwards!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games