liverpool v as roma.fenway park boston,wed 25/7 ko@ 23.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:59 am

the pacheco situation is an odd one. he plays down the left and has better skill than downing for example. he is also hungrier, younger, quicker and technically better and yet he hardly gets a look in.

on the day i though shelvey and cole were our best players before going off. aquilani had a few flashes of whet he can do aswell. spearing and carra were nothing short of awful.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:41 am

what's going on in your sig, st mick? looks like rodgers is about to tear down the anfield sign with a hammer...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:55 am

ste123lfc » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:38 am wrote:Anyone know why Reina has not joined the squad yet, all the other euro 2012 players have arrived. Even the Spanish ones for other clubs. Should we be reading anything into it.

he's been given an extended break because they won the euro's but he is due back in the next few days.
i know the players deserve to have their break but what bugs me is steu downing who has a lot to prove after last year and he didnt play 1min in the euros but yet still wasnt available for the last 2 games.you would think under a new manager and all he would be eager to get back,get stuck in and impress.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:15 pm

I didn't see the game, but woke up this morning to see Sky Sports headlining that fact that

"Rodgers has yet to win on the US tour".

FFS, it is the 2nd game, with kids and reserves and a friendly.  Already they start with the Anti Liverpool b0ll0ocks.

Chelsea also lost but that didn't really get a mention.
mkingdom

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:56 pm

I thought Shelvey was comfortably the best player on the pitch ,we definitely lost some serious impetus when he was withdrawn ....My joint second most outstanding performer was Cole ,who looked for all the world like a completely rejuvenated player ,if he keeps giving the same amount of effort I might be
forced to neck a tiny portion of humble pie . Joining him is  Ryan Mclaughlin who I thought for a lad making his debut was excellent ,never looked overawed
in the slightest and reminded me of Vegard Heggem in his style of play .

Spearing's pointing was again first class ,pity he hasn't got a wand to he could give his feet a blast ,joking aside he is so far removed from being good enough
to wear the shirt its criminal ......Now, can someone  tell me who is hiding Jose Enrique because his twin brother needs to leave the Tamazepam alone . 

All in all another outing for mostly our second string ,and if the quick incisive passing that Rodgers has instilled  is anything to go by ,then this style of play should look seriously good when the first team are using it ..

Roma are a very talented team ,and for long periods our kids made them look ordinary .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Cole played with the same level of enthusiasm during the pre-season friendlies, when Hodgson brought him to LFC.

Then the season started, competitive football started and Cole disappeared...
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:11 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:56 pm wrote:Ryan Mclaughlin who I thought for a lad making his debut was excellent ,never looked overawed in the slightest and reminded me of Vegard Heggem in his style of play .

as long as he doesn't have a similar injury record i'll be more than happy  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:31 pm

stmichael » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:11 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:56 pm wrote:Ryan Mclaughlin who I thought for a lad making his debut was excellent ,never looked overawed in the slightest and reminded me of Vegard Heggem in his style of play .

as long as he doesn't have a similar injury record i'll be more than happy  :D

:laugh:

He did look good though the McLaughlin kid ,just like our little Garrincha before the hamstrings  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Simari » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:10 pm wrote:Cole played with the same level of enthusiasm during the pre-season friendlies, when Hodgson brought him to LFC.

Then the season started, competitive football started and Cole disappeared...

He played well last night, why do you feel you need to have a go at him
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games