Liverpool vs portsmouth - Play for the shirt

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:31 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:i just hope those who wrote Aqau off and where calling him just another flop think again now and give the guy a chance,

TBF It was Heindall who said he's shite and who takes notice of someone who talks out of his @rse on a permenant basis?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:33 pm

Ciggy wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:i just hope those who wrote Aqau off and where calling him just another flop think again now and give the guy a chance,

TBF It was Heindall who said he's shite and who takes notice of someone who talks out of his @rse on a permenant basis?

careful Ciggy - i've been warned by a mod who shall remain nameless for havin' a go at that muppet....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Raoul » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:36 pm

I cannot believe it.  After waking up ridiculously early week in, week out to watch Liverpool play terrible football, Rafa picks this team, we get this result, and I sleep through the alarm.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:39 pm

Raoul wrote:I cannot believe it.  After waking up ridiculously early week in, week out to watch Liverpool play terrible football, Rafa picks this team, we get this result, and I sleep through the alarm.

:D  aint life a bitch
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Dundalk » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:40 pm

A much much better performance from the lads today and they looked like they actually cared. The opening goal for me was the most important as it took all the pressure away. When the second went in a few mins later Pompey just gave up. Delighted for Aqualini, ive been complaining about him lately put only the fact that Rafa wont play him, he looked very good tonight albeit against a poor Pompey side and it will do his confidence no harm at all.

As for Gerrard I think it was very wrong what he did.

If Brown was at him the whole match, then get your own back by scoring a goal and going over and shouting in his face. A few on here has said that Brown deserved it but IMO there is no justification for what Gerrard did. Imagine Mash was at Lampard the whole match and in the end Lampard flipped and decked him like that. This place would go into meltdown!! I just hope he dosent get punished for it because we need him in the run it.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:41 pm

Raoul wrote:I cannot believe it.  After waking up ridiculously early week in, week out to watch Liverpool play terrible football, Rafa picks this team, we get this result, and I sleep through the alarm.

do it again on Sunday then
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:48 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:careful Ciggy - i've been warned by a mod who shall remain nameless for havin' a go at that muppet....

Not @rsed the clueless gobshite is on a perminent wind up on here masquerding as a Liverpool fan.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:51 pm

I'm just so glad I reserved judgement on  Aquilani while others had him packed off to Italy before the lads career barely had time to take off ,I'm glad I held back because now I have an argument to base around his inclusion

I mean it wasn't just me was it    ??? Aquilani actually looked as good as I first  believed he would be, the kids a player and has the potential to be a damn fine one at that ,his distribution was first class and the ease with which he picked out Torres for the fourth was almost arrogant in its conception ,also like to say that was Maxi's best game in a Red shirt ,and Mascherano once again supplied the bite to our midfield ,I also thought Gerrard was served up some genuine quality chances which he spurned but nevertheless  the supply was there from the impressive Aquilani and Rodriguez .....

Enjoyed the game as a whole ,but as for our opponents frankly  Portsmouth were poor and the space they allowed us was criminal that said Liverpool played the game at a decent pace with an attacking intent ,I don't however think we will play this freely against the Mancs but I expect us to win by a narrow margin
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:53 pm

I can't say I'm very happy, but I can say I feel a lot of relief with this victory. There are plenty of things to fight for this season, and being 4rth is very important, as Rafa stated.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:33 am

Dundalk wrote:A much much better performance from the lads today and they looked like they actually cared. The opening goal for me was the most important as it took all the pressure away. When the second went in a few mins later Pompey just gave up. Delighted for Aqualini, ive been complaining about him lately put only the fact that Rafa wont play him, he looked very good tonight albeit against a poor Pompey side and it will do his confidence no harm at all.

As for Gerrard I think it was very wrong what he did.

If Brown was at him the whole match, then get your own back by scoring a goal and going over and shouting in his face. A few on here has said that Brown deserved it but IMO there is no justification for what Gerrard did. Imagine Mash was at Lampard the whole match and in the end Lampard flipped and decked him like that. This place would go into meltdown!! I just hope he dosent get punished for it because we need him in the run it.

Spot on Dundalk......

Brown is a tw@t though mate  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:36 am

A :censored: of the highest order and was at Gerrard from the first min. Is there history there? I cant remember anything
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:39 am

Dundalk wrote:A :censored: of the highest order and was at Gerrard from the first min. Is there history there? I cant remember anything

Yeah hes tried to break Gerrard and Alonso's legs on many occasions the dirty manc tw@t. Remember when he elbowed Alonso in the face?
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:40 am

I must be the only one that thought Maxi started well again then just faded as the game went on. I am very undecided about him at the moment. He seems to work hard, get tired and drift out of the game imo. Hopefully as he gets more games his fitness level will improve and he will get more involved.
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:44 am

Ciggy wrote:
Dundalk wrote:A :censored: of the highest order and was at Gerrard from the first min. Is there history there? I cant remember anything

Yeah hes tried yo break Gerrard and Alonso's legs on many occasions the dirty manc tw@t. Remember when he elbowed Alonso in the face?

I remember that Cigg , horrible bas.tard .
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:45 am

lets face it he`ll probably be banned, the press are going to have this all over the papers tomorrow. Brown deffo went to block his run and i still reckon Gerrard was only trying to push him aside but he did catch him so i guess its down to whether they think it was intentional.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games