LIVERPOOL VS BRAGA - 2nd leg 17th Mar 2011 20:05 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Greavesie » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:50 pm

I used to think the same as you KK - but when we played in it the other day I wanted us to win. I want LFC to win every game they play, if we don't make fourth I think you'll be cluthing straws to think the reason we don't get it is because of this competition. If we lose will you brush it under the carpet or use it as a reason to slate the lads? my bets on the second...
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tomjay » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:31 pm

braga (1) v liverpool (2)...
tomjay

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Greavesie wrote:I used to think the same as you KK - but when we played in it the other day I wanted us to win. I want LFC to win every game they play, if we don't make fourth I think you'll be cluthing straws to think the reason we don't get it is because of this competition. If we lose will you brush it under the carpet or use it as a reason to slate the lads? my bets on the second...

I want LFC to win every game.

I want them to win the Europa cup, just not play in it again next season.  :D

I know we probably won't get fourth THIS year and it is not because of the Europa cup. But we, in my opinion need to get back to basics and start throwing our weight around in England next year (be it Prem, FA, lge cup). If we don't have the Europa cup to jink around in this process then all the better IMHO.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Basil » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:48 pm

I think we have to finish in the top 5 in the league to be sure of Europe next year, the top 4 go into the CL and 5th place into the EC.

Birmingham have got a place in the EC for winning the CC, the FA Cup winners will get the other place. If a top four team wins the FA Cup, the EL place goes to the team that finishes 6th in the league.
Basil

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:11 pm

jacdaniel wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Ego.

And I for one am happy with having an ego as a Liverpool supporter that makes me think we are too BIG for this competition.

I don't think we are second rate, if anything 1.5.  :)

The likes of Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal treat us far more than a "second rate" side. We are their peers, but in Chelsea and Man Utd's case they have the edge of winning league titles.

The Europa League is for second rate sides, we are a proven Champions League side. A side who just needs a few additions to be back competing there once again.

The best way to prove we are too big for it is to win it.

Sure. Don't get me wrong I don't want to go out of the competition but our league form is of primary importance still. Until the hope of fourth is completely out of reach, I think it is right that Kenny does not risk players who are tired or semi-fit to pursue a second rate European competition.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:06 pm

I think the Europas a big deal for us at this point and a victory in this can be a springboard for success in the future. That aside its revenues, gate money, it all adds up and theres loads of games and prizemoney and no room for arrogance really. Win this and it could be a real confidence boost for the players going forward. Hard game away tonight but these Portugese boys dont travelwell so as long as we are contention come the end then I fancy us big time at Anfield.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:thats true jacdaniel - no point bleating on about it been a second rate competition that we are far to big a club to be  involved with and then getting knocked out of it.

win it.  then we can harp on about it.

agreed,

silverware is silverware, we can laugh at the :censored: when they don't win anything this season, although I want them to win the title :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Streams anyone?
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:02 pm

I dont care that this is second, third, fourth or fifth rate in terms of prostigousness!

Its a trophy, we are in it, and its worth winning. Lets go for it!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:03 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:Streams anyone?

Its on channel 5 mate, but if you cant get that go on TV Catchup - you can watch live online any of the freeview channels for free.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRory » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:05 pm

The Liverpool team in full is: Reina, Carragher, Johnson, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Poulsen, Spearing, Cole, Meireles, Kuyt. Subs: Gulacsi, Pacheco, Carroll, Wilson, Ngog, Maxi, Flanagan.

Link
RedRory

Postby Zidane » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Should be interesting to see how we set up, I would absolutely love it if Lucas were to score one.
Zidane

Postby Rockthekop » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Zidane wrote:Should be interesting to see how we set up, I would absolutely love it if Lucas were to score one.

If he could shoot he might have a chance.  He's got more chance of scoring an own goal  :D
Rockthekop

Postby PabloMedina28 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:56 pm

crazyhorse wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:Streams anyone?

Its on channel 5 mate, but if you cant get that go on TV Catchup - you can watch live online any of the freeview channels for free.

Cheers mate
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex88 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Alex88

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games