LIVERPOOL VS BRAGA - 2nd leg 17th Mar 2011 20:05 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Maybe Dalglish is bringing those players to they don't miss out.  Away games in Europe are always so hard to compete in and the atmosphere will be incredible.  He probably wants everybody to have a chance to experience it.  Team bonding is such an important aspect as well.  Suarez needs to continue with the first team anyway so that they can get more in tune with each other.  He's been so dangerous already, so imagine what he can do when they can play really well together.  By the time the Sunderland game rolls around, they will be that much better together.

For the injured players tho, I think it is just for the experience and not to leave them out.  Imagine if you played for Liverpool and everybody was excited to travel to Portugal for the Europa league match, get to see the different country and lifestyle while you are there and spend a lot of time with the players.  Oh wait, sorry, you got injured during a match so you can't come.  That would fecking blow if you ask me. :laugh:

KK wants everybody to be together.  That's the way it should be.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:49 pm

I predict an appauling match, so those that expect us to play all out attack and smash these boys, be warned.

1 - 0 Liverpool, our only shot on target being the difference in the 86th minute :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:26 pm

jacdaniel wrote:I predict an appauling match, so those that expect us to play all out attack and smash these boys, be warned.

1 - 0 Liverpool, our only shot on target being the difference in the 86th minute :D

I too think the game will be a stinker but I hope Kenny uses it to give some the squad a decent run. Guys like Pacheco need game time.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 pm

I just hope Carroll gets at least half an hour, if not more.  Would love to see him start for the second leg, but we need him to start against sunderland.  We can't lose points to sunderland and they have been a real pain in the @rse this season defensively.  However, Carroll absolutely hates sunderland, since he's a newcastle fan, so he would love to tear them apart.  He was the reason newcastle beat sunderland 5-1 earlier in the season, he absolutely trashed them.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby PabloMedina28 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:48 pm

Thing is i can understand these players going for team bonding but if thats the case why dont they just go separetly and free up some space for players that arent injuried in the actually squad. Aslong as their not registered in the squad i cant see how it would be against the rules. Just seems pointless to leave out players that arent injuried, i mean what does that do for thier confidence.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby cptrios » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:35 am

Yeah, as long as travelling doesn't stand a chance of aggravating the injuries, I'm all for injured players going with the team.
cptrios

Postby alwayslfc » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:53 am

Personally I think Europa games for Liverpool is like the Carling Cup. It is a 2nd rated European competition and should be used for giving upcoming reserved team players like Pacheco, Sterling a chance for greater exposure.
alwayslfc

Postby only me » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:11 am

alwayslfc wrote:Personally I think Europa games for Liverpool is like the Carling Cup. It is a 2nd rated European competition and should be used for giving upcoming reserved team players like Pacheco, Sterling a chance for greater exposure.

Can't get this approach ,We aren't competing for any silverware in England so why not go for it in Europe? 2nd rate competition ,so what? this is our current level so why not give our best.

Liverpool has a huge name in Europe ,i say we need to represent ourselves with full strangth ,espcially that we have qualified to this stage in the competition.

The game is going to be extremly hard ,espcially without Gerrard and Suarez ,i hope we can produce a decent performance although i doubt it very much against a strong portugeese team.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:17 am

only me wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:Personally I think Europa games for Liverpool is like the Carling Cup. It is a 2nd rated European competition and should be used for giving upcoming reserved team players like Pacheco, Sterling a chance for greater exposure.

Can't get this approach ,We aren't competing for any silverware in England so why not go for it in Europe? 2nd rate competition ,so what? this is our current level so why not give our best.

Liverpool has a huge name in Europe ,i say we need to represent ourselves with full strangth ,espcially that we have qualified to this stage in the competition.

The game is going to be extremly hard ,espcially without Gerrard and Suarez ,i hope we can produce a decent performance although i doubt it very much against a strong portugeese team.

Ego.

And I for one am happy with having an ego as a Liverpool supporter that makes me think we are too BIG for this competition.

I don't think we are second rate, if anything 1.5.  :)

The likes of Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal treat us far more than a "second rate" side. We are their peers, but in Chelsea and Man Utd's case they have the edge of winning league titles.

The Europa League is for second rate sides, we are a proven Champions League side. A side who just needs a few additions to be back competing there once again.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:31 am

only me wrote:

:nod

If we managed to win this competition it would at least be a passport into European football next season, should (god forbid) we fail to make a top six finish in the prem this season.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:31 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
only me wrote:

Ego.

And I for one am happy with having an ego as a Liverpool supporter that makes me think we are too BIG for this competition.

The likes of Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal treat us far more than a "second rate" side. We are their peers, but in Chelsea and Man Utd's case they have the edge of winning league titles.

The Europa League is for second rate sides, we are a proven Champions League side. A side who just needs a few additions to be back competing there once again.

I agree our natural position is champion league level. But we are here NOW ,let's go for it. As a fan it would make this season less bitter then it is. Not long ago this approach brought us a humilating defeat against northsomething in the Carling cup....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:39 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Ego.

The best way to prove we are too big for it is to win it.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:57 am

Will be a difficult game tonight for sure. They're a good home side but don't travel well consistently. They beat Sevilla home and away for example and yet got battered 5-0 at the Emirates.

If we're still very much in the tie come the second leg I'd expect us to go through. The reversal of the location for the first and second legs have certainly worked in our favour.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:59 am

thats true jacdaniel - no point bleating on about it been a second rate competition that we are far to big a club to be  involved with and then getting knocked out of it.

win it.  then we can harp on about it.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:04 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
only me wrote:

:nod

If we managed to win this competition it would at least be a passport into European football next season, should (god forbid) we fail to make a top six finish in the prem this season.

And play in this comp again.  :glare:

I'd sooner see us focus on all things domestic without having the burden of trotting around Europe playing Roy Hodgson teams.

I think we need to focus on getting back into 4th spot and being in the Europa cup won't help us atall, more of a hinderance.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games