LIVERPOOL VS BLACKPOOL - Round 2

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:53 pm

ste123lfc wrote:Is anyone actually worried that we might go down

yes...even more so that we've put Kenny in charge. He's been out of the game a LONG time and he better have some ideas and fast. Because the Premier league has moved on a LOT in the last 13 years.

Feck me, he's been out of the game for longer than Torres has been in it.  :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Wow.  We flat out suck.  Didn't get a sniff of the ball in the last 15 minutes.  Is anyone ready to blame the players instead of the manager?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby shakey » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:53 pm

We are deffo in a big fight just too stay in the Prem now  :(
shakey

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:41 am

Get a grip FFS, I have faith that Kenny will turn this around. I have more faith in him then Roy Twee Twee Too Too Hodgson...

I just bemoan the fact that we don't seem to have that instant new manager syndrome where other teams like Newcastle had to help us gain momentum...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:27 am

maybe got a little bit carried away with kenny coming in....

forgot how bad this team can be, especially recently. Was definately surprised by the team, thought Maxi should have been given the start and maybe save the formation changes for a home game where we seem to have "some" sort of form...obv not the derby of course. but u gotta start somewhere! and kenny is finding his feet....he'll get it right....i hope.

the lack of fight and physical strength is shocking. and johnson needs to have a word with himself, as do the rest. at least Torres scored i guess..
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:26 am

Poorest lineup i've seen all year long. Johnson can't play as LB ,Lucas and Paulson are $hiit when playing alone but pairing them just killed any chance of creating play. And Again Torres the lone striker havne't we been their before. Kinda surprised Kenny choose that poor tactics as if he hasn't watch us play all season league.

Roy leaving was the right thing to do but the grim fact is that the backbone of the club ,meaning players ,are no good enough for any manager. We desperatly need 5-6 new players ,recent years signings by Rafa and Roy (who the fck is our scouting people) have decimated the squad.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:23 am

Well metalhead aint allowed to start match threads anymore thats for sure :D

We sucked, we need to man up or Neverton could be a horror show
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:47 am

if we're honest we all knew it would take longer than 3 days, 2 matches and 2 training sessions to turn the corner. We're a couple of signings short at the moment. I honestly think we need a new central attacking midfielder. A midfield player that has steel and determination. Maybe even a new 'captain'.

Anyway, write it off and move on to the next game. Kenny isn't daft, he'll address the problems but it will take some time.

As for Blackpool - I do like them a lot. love their determination and direct play. Holloway is a nutcake though :laugh:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:54 am

maguskwt wrote:Get a grip FFS, I have faith that Kenny will turn this around. I have more faith in him then Roy Twee Twee Too Too Hodgson...

really?  Personally i don't think Kenny will do any better.  The squad is the poorest i've seen and wholesale changes are need. Roy tried telling us this, but we thought it'd be more fun to slag him off than accept we're a very average football side.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:57 am

The problem is if that Blackpool team played for us and our team played for Blackpool we would have got beat by them  :(
Getting to much money and consistantly producing sh!te performances, Blackpools players run through brick walls whereas ours are not @rsed.
We need to snap out of this once and for all if we dont we will go down.

its amazing how much we miss mascherano teams are just ploughing through our midfield and we are conceeding goals left right and centre, since Masch & Alonso even Momo left our midfield has been feckin woefull

:down:

And when you look at the table and see the sh!te clubs above us it makes you even more depressed.

Sort it fecking out you gang of overpaid sh!thouses !!!!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:00 pm

dawson99 wrote:Well metalhead aint allowed to start match threads anymore thats for sure :D

We sucked, we need to man up or Neverton could be a horror show

Oh just f'ck off :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:48 pm

I can see now that a lot of LFC fans doubting Dalglish appointment, but it does not matter who you we bring Ferguson or A Wenger, or even Mourinho and ask them to be in charge of this shitty squad of players that the fan's beloved Benitez had brought them in to our club, and he had labeled them as top class players!!!!!!   Does not matter who is in charge of this current squad, our chances of staying in this league is very slim. The American owner has a hard choice to make right now , is to bring in new 3- 4 good players now, or live in Championship league next season. Benitez had destroyed LFC beyond repair.

When Leeds went down, they had a much better squad of players than us by then, and they couldn't stop the slide, and did got down, our beloved LFC is on the same track, and let us not fool ourself about this fact.

It is now for every true RED fan to get behind the manager Dalglish and those average players, and give them the full support in order to avoid the drop, and pray to God to give the luck to avoid the drop.
algymoon

Postby algymoon » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:57 pm

OneHotRed wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
OneHotRed wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:What did you guys expect?  These guys have just began learning how to play football in training.  It's going to take some time to get used to the new system.

HA

HA

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

Surely thats a joke?

Would you call what we played under Hodgson football?

Were playing the same only sitting higher up the pitch, and leaving the defense massivly exposed.

I didnt like Roy, I didnt like him as manager, but i did understand he wasnt to blame 100% you only have to look back through this thread to see what is wrong (i.e the amount of people saying get Kuyt, Poulsen, Johnson, Miereles, Jovanovic, Lucas off - they are playing shabite, I think lucas is doing ok however)

I agree with you and you are spot on.
The problem is down to those shitty players that we have, and it is not with Roy who I thought had tried his best to lift those shitty players on high wages, and this is the same applies to Kenny too.
algymoon

Postby mkingdom » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:20 pm

I purposely did not read or post on this thread after the game finished as I was too depressed, and couldn't deal with the stuff that would inevitably get posted here.

It is difficult to do, but we have to seperate the first half of the season under Roy from the new manager's reign. 

Not even Kenny has a magic wand, although he might ask to borrow Nando's.  :grinning:

He has had two away games, one at OT against 12 men, with a goal start given to the opposition, who are top of the league, and unbeaten.

Then after what can only be a few hours with the squad, an away game against a team full of confidence, and with not much to lose.

Now, don't get me wrong, we were NOT good last night, but crucially, I think in both of Kenny's games so far, we have been better than anything we have seen away from home this season.

His selection last night was a bit odd of course, and assuming there were good reasons that the likes of Aurelio and Babel were not even on the bench, then he was down to bare bones.

Gerrard, Carra, Cole, Babel and Aurelio would improve most Prem teams, and they will improve ours too when fit/available.

We are in the very real situation of things getting worse (league position wise) before they get better, and were we to lose, or possibly only draw against Everton on Sunday, things would be looking a bit bleak.

I would ask everyone to come back and read this thread in a month's time, when we have some new players (and we will), Kenny has had more then two training sessions, and some of our better players are available to play again.

We did look better last night, Torres looked something like himself, and scored a great goal.  Our attitude was better, and we created a few more chances than of late too.

Patience is required, and with the owners flying in to discuss tranfers etc, we need to give Kenny and the owners some time to make the required changes.
mkingdom

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:52 pm

7_Kewell wrote:And now we can watch as Kenny has his repuation tarnished as he guides us from one embarressing defeat to another.

You are a disgrace seriously  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games