WWBBTJ away this time?!?!?!

if it doesn't get postponed.

Given our away record, we are pretty much :censored:

Discuss
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:58 am

My head says 1-1, but my heart says 2-0.

In my heart I can't even bring myself to give them a goal.  :D
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:41 am

Charlie Adam is out which is a positive I'm suppose.

Yes it's come to that. I'm actually pleased that a Blackpool player is out injured to give us a better chance of winning. Who'd have thought it?

1-1 and Roy to come out after the match and defend the result against "formidabble opposition".
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:52 am

Think it will be postponed to extend Hodgsons current undefeated run
Benny The Noon

Postby Bermenstein » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:20 pm

Are we playing at Anfield again, seeing it is Blackpools lucky ground?? :p
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:41 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Think it will be postponed to extend Hodgsons current undefeated run

:laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:46 pm

It will definitely be postponed... Blackpool have one of the least equipped grounds to deal with the weather conditions ....I suppose that gives us a better chance of keeping the Christmas Dinner down ....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:24 pm

yeah! always good  to have a couple of games in hand come the latter part of the season. get 'em fired up if we MUST win the to finish fourth or above  :cool:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tophatman » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:44 pm

Blackpool have no under soil heating and was there yesterday and still a lot of ice hanging round,so I would be a little surprised if it went ahead.:(
Tophatman

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:45 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:It will definitely be postponed... Blackpool have one of the least equipped grounds to deal with the weather conditions ....I suppose that gives us a better chance of keeping the Christmas Dinner down ....

It will be a farce if Blackpool postpone another game due to pitch conditions. Any team that cannot complete three fixtures in a season let alone in a row should not be allowed in the league.

The fixtures are congested as it is!

I understand some clubs struggle to afford the cost of under soil heating, but you have to maintain a minimum stadium/facilities level. IMO under-soil heating is a minimum.

Found this on Stoke City -

The typical cost of undersoil heating and the required re-laid pitch is £1m. What's more, City's gas bill is £10,000 a month when the undersoil heating is on – four times higher than usual.

Why can't the FA lend the money to install under soil heating upon promotion? If the the team stay up they have to pay it back over two seasons, if they go down they pay it back out of the parachute payments over two seasons.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Game will probably be called off but I would like to see Aurelio displace Konchesky at leftback in our next match. I also think we should keep the Lucus and Meireles partnership together and bring Gerrard in on the right. Tempted to drop Skrtel for the big Greek but one thing the Slovakian does have over the other two is a bit of pace so I would give him the nod.

Reina

Johnson   Skrtel   Agger   Aurelio

Gerrard   Lucas   Meireles  Maxi

Torres   Ngog

Subs: Kuyt, Babel, Cole, Poulsen, Kelly, Kyrgiakos, Jones
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:51 am

Knowing them it will be off and their chairman Oyston will be in for more pelters. Makes it worse when down the road BSP Fleetwood have managed to play all their games during the cold snap and will likely be on again Boxing day as well. If it goes ahead we will have a hard game as they are a decent side but Adam is a monster player for them. They have good movement and just go for it really, push people forward and on the back foot. Its anti what we do which is a shame but for Hodgson defeat in this one is unthinkable surely and we simply have to win the match with Gerrard returning and Blackpools key piece missing.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:37 am

cant see it being on really.
If it is and Adam is out that is obviously a bonus.
We need to approach it in a far more positive manner if we want to win than we have in our previous away games though.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Parchpea has it spot on. I spent most of my life living in Fleetwood and go and see them quite a lot, though Liverpool come first being a season ticket holder.

I live around half way between Fleetwood and Blackpool.
Earlier this morning it was around -7 and is currently around -3.
Pool have a notorious habit of having games called off over the Christmas period and I would be surprised if the game was on to be honest.

Fleetwood Town are going places, not long ago they were playing pub teams in front of 200 people, now they are in the 'conference' playing Wrexham, Luton and others, not doing too bad either and have had gates of over 3000 this year with a new stand soon to be completed too. Sean Gregan former Irish international and Alan Wright former Villa left back play for them.

Last season their winter games were all on whilst Blackpool's were all called off. They didn't protect the pitch at all last year whilst Town had special covers brought in. To be honest Pool's attitude pre them getting to the Premier League was a joke, now they are a small club in a big league and their lack of facilities is showing them up.

Sorry for prattling on, just living where I do literally 10 minutes up the road from Bloomfield Road.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:26 pm

I think Roy will go for

Reina

Johnson   Skrtel   Agger   Konch

Kuyt      Lucas   Meireles  Maxi

Gerrard
                     Torres

I would play

Reina

Johnson   Skrtel   Agger   Aurelio