Liverpool v blackpool - Wwbbtj?

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby laza » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:29 am

Dalglish wrote:I said after the Man City game it is going to get worse but even I didn't believe we could sink this low.

I knew it was going to be tough season but this unbelievable.

To echo Reg kudos to Blackpool  but you got wonder whether the players have decided they want new owners sooner rather then later
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Raven » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:46 am

When is the everton thread up? Then i can post the 3-0 to them prediction.
The Raven

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:14 am

Blackpool took a standing ovation when they came back on the pitch at half time . and an even bigger ovation at full time, they were by far the better side by a mile even when we had that little ten minute spell in the second half when Meriles went along side Gerrard , imo he should of been there from the start like, The Blackpool players chased every ball , we were so static and disorganised it was unbelievable, Pepe was sreaming at them from the area . then were looking for a draw so what happens off comes cole who was at least creating a bit of space for himself and getting into position and looked the one most likely to try and get the equaliser , Instead of Kuyt who was absolutly shambolic. What i cant understand you had Martin Kelly running up and down the touch line for most of the game and yet Carragher was left back, Nothing wrong with Kelly as far as i could see ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:39 am

First half for me was just about as bad as it gets. We made them look like Barcelona and basically defended like a bunch of schoolkids. Johnson is currently a complete liability.

And forget about this "playing for the manager" nonsense. You play for your own self-pride first and foremost. This is Liverpool Football Club for God's sake. In the first half we just stood off and admired them. Roy Hodgson didn't tell the team not to press the ball all over the pitch however we just let them play around us down the flanks. It wasn't rocket science. Just an exploitation of a weakness that becomes more glaring week by week. People said Insua wasn't good enough and yet this season we've already had three centre backs playing left back and have been destroyed down that side each time. Carra is now on the decline so fast it's frightening aswell.

p.s. If Torres plays for Spain in the week I think I might jump off a bridge.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:56 pm

the biggest positional problem Roy made was taking his seat in the dugout. he should of been on his way down the M6 instead - far away from merseyside.

but the daft thing is, he'll do the same against everton. he'll play Merelies out wide again, maybe even starting with lucas. i feking despair.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:40 pm

I was there yesterday and was a difficult afternoon, not least down to the fact I live close to blackpool and some of my mates were there yesterday.

I cannot recall a worst first half performance for a long time, we were second best in every department.

One player who is really getting beyond a joke now is Johnson, yet another totally inept performance. I am pretty familiar with blackpool and to my dismay found Johnson easily beaten for pace by their slowest, yet most skilful player Charlie Adam, he left Johnson well behind! Crainey at left back is their weak link, yet even with acres of space and time not once did Johnson put one decent ball in, or ever put ohm under any real pressure.

I felt sorry for meireles, when moved back into the centre he showed what a good player he is, he must never play out wide again.
Joe Cole is worrying me slightly, he has the look of someone who's best days are behind him, I hope I am wrong.

For a time jovanovic added some balance to the flanks, but he needs to keep his head up a bit more.

Overall, no width, flair, passion, determination, a real concern.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:27 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Ciggy wrote:The fans where doing the Daglish chant at the end and singing Rafa benitez thats the most polite way in saying Hodgson out.

I have been to many games in my 30 odd  years  as a match goer  ,and I have never witnessed such complete  distrust in the Kop than there is now ....Anfield stank of fear and hopelessness ...there is simply no glossing over this one Roy or Woy or Royston   or whatever you opt to call him is so out of his depth its bordering on lunacy to mention him and the term Competent in the same sentence ....
Last Season we tried to tell anyone that would listen that things would become decidedly worse if Benitez left the club ,but we were reliably informed in no uncertain terms that a new manager would give the team the injection they needed .... conveniently pushing to one side the problems that ran deep within the club  and passing off our concerns as simply paranoia
So how the :censored: can any person being of sound mind advocate gifting Hodgson more time are you not watching the same lifeless ,listless ,lethargic ,cowardly ,stagnant football that the manager seems to be content with .... and then listen to the man have the audacity to tell us he couldn't care a jot if we are :censored: 16th or 18th how can any Liverpool fan hearing or reading them statements not feel his stomach physically churning with complete disgust ..... never before has Dalglish's and Rafa's names been so audible and I pray its still resonating in Hodgsons head ...cruel maybe... but  whilst the players return to their pampered lavish lifestyles maybe Hodgson will take stock of the boos and taunts and realise he's doing more harm than good sticking around.....
Absolute disgrace what I witnessed Today Girl ...my Lad had :censored: tears in his eyes such was his desperation
he like so many others believed this game would turn our season around ....its not a pretty sight watching that sickening  look of realization break across a Kids face ....

But this 85% Benitez team minus Degen, Riera, the expensive Aquilani, Cavalieri, etc other expensive and useless average player, most of the squad is Benitez's squad.  Over the past 5 seasons Benitez has been lowering LFC standards, bad team display, and LFC, was losing grip on high spots in the league, 3rd, 4th, 2nd, 7th, and I am not surprise to see us in 16th or 18th place, if last season was longer we would have finished below 7th, lucky Benitez it run out of games!!!. The writing on the wall, Benitez has in fact :censored: up LFC for good, Please do not blame it on Roy, his hand is full with Benitez :censored:, where he is trying to wash it off.
algymoon

Postby PabloMedina28 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:14 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Let's face facts here : have Sunderland, or Blackpool, or Northampton EVER had the kind of money that LFC has had to shell out on players ? Huh ? That'd be a fat No, wouldn't it ?
So all this finger-pointing at the owners is cack in my opinion. We have a shyte manager, players who don't give a shyte as well, so blaming the onwers for everything wrong with this once great club is a farce. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Yeh but stabilities priceless mate
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:15 pm

dawson99 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
rocky29 wrote:wheres  bigmick? roys and poulsens biggest supporter  :laugh:

Probably deep in thought mate, planning the next 'get behind the manager rally'

To be fair Roy isn't really doing Bigmick any favours now is he.  :D

yeah brilliant, its hilarious because now Mick is shown to be wrong

hahahaha

It wasnt that funny