LIVERPOOL VS ASTON VILLA 7 April 2012, KO: 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Penguins » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:31 pm

For the umptenth time, luck has nothing to do with it!
Inability of the players and manager, nothing else!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Penguins » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 pm wrote:For the umptenth time, luck has nothing to do with it!

Luck has a lot to do with it
Every player, manager and club needs luck
If it wasnt for bad luck we wouldnt have any
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:21 pm

Double post
Thommo's perm

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Here's some stats from the game

Liverpool shots on target 5
Villa shots on target. 2

Liverpool shots off target 17
Villa shots off target 2

Liverpool corners 11
Villa corners. 3

Liverpool possession 69.9
Villa possession  30.1

This is completely unlucky anyone who disagrees is insane we demolished them like we did stoke Norwich Sunderland Blackburn and still draw.

But on the flip side when we play teams like Wigan at home Bolton and Newcastle away and play utter ***** we don't deserve luck.

We should be higher up the table were not a lot worse than the likes of Tottenham arsenal Chelsea like we've proved this season.

If we finish 7th with 2 cups I'll be over the moon. But in the transfer window we need to replace kuyt.

And lastly I'm going to slate kenny for again taking downing off for Carroll as if you want Carroll to score he needs service

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:14 pm

doesnt really matter what the stats say for that game as its same old same old from us.
its downright depressing at this stage and i can't wait for the season to be over :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:18 pm

RichardLFC1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:40 pm wrote:
This is completely unlucky anyone who disagrees is insane we demolished them like we did stoke Norwich Sunderland Blackburn and still draw.

The stats just show we had the ball a lot but didnt really create much against one of the worst teams in the league.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm

mart » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:18 pm wrote:
RichardLFC1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:40 pm wrote:

The stats just show we had the ball a lot but didnt really create much against one of the worst teams in the league.

You must be a complete buffoon we created a total of 22 shots 5 on target and 2 hitting the woodwork. We also had 11 corners

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:17 pm wrote:
Penguins » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 pm wrote:For the umptenth time, luck has nothing to do with it!

Not if it happens 38 times a season  :nod
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:14 pm

I didn't bother to watch the game live but just finished it. I was expecting far worse to be honest. Had this been an isolated occurance it would have been ok.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Well at least we're back to playing teams of the park, wasting 11 corners, and hitting the woodwork
more than 3 times.

A quick summary of the game Carragher stays on his feet Herd doesn't score ,Kuyt stays on his feet
we go level .two separate instances of players going to ground that have dictated the game .

Decent atmosphere earlier,sounded much more like the Anfield I know and respect .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:47 am

RichardLFC1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:40 pm wrote:Here's some stats from the game

Villa shots on target. 2

Villa shots off target 2

Liverpool corners 11
Villa corners. 3

Villa possession  30.1

But on the flip side when we play teams like Wigan at home Bolton and Newcastle away and play utter ***** we don't deserve luck.

We should be higher up the table were not a lot worse than the likes of Tottenham arsenal Chelsea like we've proved this season.

If we finish 7th with 2 cups I'll be over the moon. But in the transfer window we need to replace kuyt.

And lastly I'm going to slate kenny for again taking downing off for Carroll as if you want Carroll to score he needs service

Did you watch the game? we were clueless in the final 3rd... again... you maybe proud that we created 22 chances... some of us aren't... because when majority of the 17 shots off target are long distance attempts because we didn't have a clue how to break down teams... even our equalizer had a bit of luck in it... the rebound fell nicely for suarez... no... we are not unlucky... we are simply clueless...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:03 am

Like I said earlier, I am relief we didn't get beat again. But considering the quality of the opposition (good goal from Herd), the woodwork, the possession we've had, we deserved to win but our finishing as usual is one of our major weak points. Suarez is a good trickster with the ball but his finishing is not good enough. He needs a quality striker to team up with him and Kuyt and Carroll are not compatible with him.
alwayslfc

Postby devaney » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:38 am

Thommo's perm » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:17 pm wrote:

A lot of us moan and whinge about how lucky the Scum our but the simple reality is that they put themselves in the position to be lucky more than any another team. On paper City should be walking the Premiership but it isn't that easy and management has a huge part to play. Liverpool during their glory days of the seventies and eighties were accused of being very lucky and scoring extremely late and vital goals. It wasn't luck it was an absolute determination to create so many opportunities that something would inevitably happen.Spending £100m plus in the transfer market on a number of questionable players was not bad luck it was bad management.Even Suarez who has been the only major recent success story in the transfer market can be a preverbal pain in the a.rse. I hate cheating in sport and Luis does himself no favours.At time his demands for penalties are highly embarrassing and tedious.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:50 am

maguskwt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:47 am wrote:

Villa shots on target. 2

Villa shots off target 2

Liverpool corners 11
Villa corners. 3

Villa possession  30.1

Did you watch the game? we were clueless in the final 3rd... again... you maybe proud that we created 22 chances... some of us aren't... because when majority of the 17 shots off target are long distance attempts because we didn't have a clue how to break down teams... even our equalizer had a bit of luck in it... the rebound fell nicely for suarez... no... we are not unlucky... we are simply clueless...

1stly yes I did watch the game. 2ndly to say we are clueless maybe correct but if Suarez' header that hit the post went in then we would have won the game also kuyts shot crossed the line but was given. Finally my point of making the post was to show we wasn't sh!t like others was saying.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:05 am

RichardLFC1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:50 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:47 am wrote:

Villa shots on target. 2

Villa shots off target 2

Liverpool corners 11
Villa corners. 3

Villa possession  30.1

1stly yes I did watch the game. 2ndly to say we are clueless maybe correct but if Suarez' header that hit the post went in then we would have won the game also kuyts shot crossed the line but was given. Finally my point of making the post was to show we wasn't sh!t like others was saying.

I think to use the "If and should and deserved" arguement at this point of time is utterly pathetic. We are the weakest team in the WHOLE premierleague in chances conversion. Our strikers are the weakest and that is a fact. Not Unlucky ,not abused - Nothing. Utter and total wastefull ,clueless with our attacking game.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games