LIVERPOOL vs ARSENAL Sep 2nd 12:30 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby laza » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Kenny Kan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:20 pm wrote:Granted we haven't played well but our fans have been s.hit too.

Gerrard's been awful, Suarez not much better. The only positive is Raheem Sterling.

Our play at time has been good and most of half time pundits are saying we were better team though Gunners have their tails up and look dangerous on the break .

Yet again we have been let down by stupid mistake by a senior player

Positives for me Sterling and Joe Allen again is very tidy

Negatives Suarez has been off target and Stevie is looking very tired
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:27 pm

I hope BR stresses at half that we can't be afraid to take on Mertesaker and Arteta, especially the first.  I'm not saying go at getting them a red, but they will be a lot more timid to attack, especially the likes of Suarez or Borini knowing they're on a yellow all ready.  We've got to take advantage of that, and if they mess up, then they're off.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby andy_g » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:27 pm

so we're actually the better team, despite being a goal down because we couldn't snuff out a good counter attack from arsenal. however, people are mostly choosing to think how much better off we'd be if we got rid of gerrard, reina and possibly suarez?

unreal

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Poor 1st half.
Poor decision making.
Too many individual mistakes.
Stop lundging at tackles!

P.s. Does this tiki taka thing involves player beating their opponent or we just pass around them into boredom?
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:28 pm

mart » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:13 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:08 pm wrote:
tubby » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:07 pm wrote:Suarez and Gerrard have given the ball away cheaply too many times. Id take Gerrard off at HT and bring on Shelvey.

We need to start phasing him out and Sterling hits the post.

This season feels like it will mirror last season. Another season of complete frustration.

A bit early for the doom and gloom. We lack match fitness.

Considering we have played 7 games this season so far and they have played 3 id say that's rubbish. 1 or 2 players have been sloppy, end of.

Hate to say it but Stevie isn't the player he used to be. He isn't quite the weak link in the team but today he a liability.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:29 pm

I have 2-1 on my betting slip. On course as it stands
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sniffy98 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:29 pm

f*cking Hell Stevie you are the captain start motivating your team and cut out this head dropped bs. Can't believe we have let Diaby run the show who to be fair has done a decent impersonation of Yaya Toure. Allen excellent and Sterling dangerous. We need to up the tempo. Suarez has to isolate Mertasacker.
sniffy98

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:29 pm

Uggh, terrible goal to concede.  A poor pass from Gerrard and then GJ failing to get back in front of Podolski...school boy stuff.  We lack fluency going forward and are always in danger if getting picked off on the counter.  The lads need to take better care of the ball and move it forward more quickly to create openings.  Sterling looks to be the one bright spot and hopefully he can conjure up something for himself or a teammate.  Come on lads, step it up second half.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Keris » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:28 pm wrote:Poor 1st half.
Poor decision making.
Too many individual mistakes.
Stop lundging at tackles!

P.s. Does this tiki taka thing involves player beating their opponent or we just pass around them into boredom?

Open your eyes mate, the ticky tacka has made us the better team today yet every time we get into a promising position up front Suarez or Gerrard fk it up.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:31 pm

andy_g » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:27 pm wrote:so we're actually the better team, despite being a goal down because we couldn't snuff out a good counter attack from arsenal. however, people are mostly choosing to think how much better off we'd be if we got rid of gerrard, reina and possibly suarez?

unreal

No one is saying that we should get rid of them. But Suarez had such poor first touches this whole game and let go of possession so many times it's not funny. The problem I agree is not as much with Gerrard giving it away as much as it is that we're constantly getting beat on counter attacks if we lose the ball high up the pitch.
kartiek

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:33 pm

“@OptaJoe: 39 - Joe Allen completed all 39 of his passes in the first half vs Arsenal, seven of them in the attacking third. Metronome

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:33 pm

Gerrard's passing is just poor.

He made a mistake against West Brom we were punished, he's made another mistake today, but that's okay he's Steven Gerrard, he can do whatever he wants and he'll still be guaranteed a first team place next weekend against Sunderland.
Boxscarf

Postby ethanr » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Suarez went for the meg the unnecessarily.  He was wide open, could have hit it and run past really easily and Mertesaker didn't look too interested in lunging at him.  Megs are for when you're in tight situations and it's a way thru, we can't just be forcing this ***** every time we get a chance.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:33 pm wrote:Gerrard's passing is just poor.

He made a mistake against West Brom we were punished, he's made another mistake today, but that's okay he's Steven Gerrard, he can do whatever he wants and he'll still be guaranteed a first team place next weekend against Sunderland.

Captain or not I think it's about time he was made to work for his place, maybe a couple of starts on the bench will give him a kick up the ***** he seemingly needs.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:39 pm

RUSHIE#9 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:36 pm wrote:

Captain or not I think it's about time he was made to work for his place, maybe a couple of starts on the bench will give him a kick up the ***** he seemingly needs.

Phil Thompson has just posted on Twitter the question 'Is Gerrard's time up?' and I have to say based on the start of the season, I'd have to say 'yes' to that. We need to start looking for a suitable replacement.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games