Liverpool V Newcastle - Sat 1st Nov - 12.45pm K.O.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Mikz » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Cant let this clown WASTE any more money - seriously !! You would think we would learn from past mistakes
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Utter garbage. We look a completely different side from last year in the way that we play which is the most worrying thing. I am beginning to think Suarez was a turd polisher and actually made a lot of our players. look better than they are. Looking at our new signings, sorry to say no one has really impressed me. It can take time for them to settle etc but looking around the league, new players have come in and hit the ground running. None of ours have done it
Doeboy

Postby eds » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Woeful, inept performance lads. The creativity just wasn't there today at all.

Rodgers looks truly and utter clueless at the moment.

We can only pray that Sturridge comes back as quickly as possible but even then we have some massive problems in the middle of the park.

Rodgers is at the crossroads now, a few more of these "performances" and fans will start asking him to resign. Nowhere near good enough for our club.

f*cking gutted.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:48 pm

This feels like one of those Worcester, Watford and Man City moments where managers in the past have drawn a line under one era and started again. To me the likes of Gerrard and Johnson need to be dropped and the knock on from that will be other players positions will then automatically come under scrutiny, for instance with Gerrard out of the team do we really need to pack our midfield with grafters like Allen and Hendo?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:48 pm

Nice...I'm glad I missed this. Our games this season is just so unimaginative, uninspiring and utter rubbish. this result just don't surprise me no more.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fourth Official » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:50 pm

I'm so disappointed,..why couldn't this match been on at 5 so I could off done something useful with the day.
Fourth Official
LFC Basic Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:48 pm wrote:This feels like one of those Worcester, Watford and Man City moments where managers in the past have drawn a line under one era and started again. To me the likes of Gerrard and Johnson need to be dropped and the knock on from that will be other players positions will then automatically come under scrutiny, for instance with Gerrard out of the team do we really need to pack our midfield with grafters like Allen and Hendo?

its always about gerrard yakka isn't it  :nod
the real issue here is rodgers, his wasting money, his ***** tactic and the embarrassing excuses he trots out.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Such a dire performance. Worst thing is Newcastle were there for the taking but we didn't show up and duly had the rug pulled from under our feet. Inexcusable shower of Sh*t. Really don't want to lose faith in Rodgers after a terrific last season but beginning to question if it was Suarez who gave us that season rather than Rodgers. Still backing Rodgers but faith is most definitely waning as he is starting to look a one trick pony and doesn't know what to do when his way is quite obviously not working
Doeboy

Postby only me » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Our current form is relegation level.

Nothing more to add other that not one fan was surprised from this result...Tells it all.

BR has a mental issue to overcome right now.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:13 pm

BR really have to start taking responsibility for all the garbage performances.
You can tell the players can do much more but are clearly restricted by tactics or orders from the managers.
I can't understand the same players can do so much more and perform at a higher level than they can now at Liverpool.
I understand the newer players needed time, but they are already playing in the EPL.
And if new players in Southampton and others can start off running why can't the players in Liverpool?
Is it in the water? Maybe they should stop drinking the water from Liverpool's well.

I just can't understand the insistence of having the most possessions.
Especially if you are not going to use it to your advantage. It is more like aimless square passes and back pedaling passes to defense and goalkeeper.
There seems to be a constant fear of losing possession. All the players do not want to try anything fanciful or even try to get pass their marker.
I have seen so many times when the path is clear for the players to run forward but instead he chooses to pass back to defense.
Or when the player received the ball with his back facing the opponent's goal. He will immediately pass it back to defense even when there is nobody behind him.
WTF is going on? He can't sense that there is nobody near him? Why doesn't he make a quick turn and start running with the ball. To kick start our attack.
Also everyone is waiting for the ball to come to him.
What happened to passing to empty spaces? pass in front of the running player?
Because of the tactics we can't pass in-front because the ball is always sent back to defense.

The worst is that this constant passing back to defense is creating a lot of unnecessary mistake.
This is happening so often. From Liverpool possession with intention to attack to defending and often letting opponent score.
It is crazy.. It is either BR wakes up his freaking idea or he jolly well ship out.
Thinkpad

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:20 pm

Forgot to mention another thing.
BR is so obsessed with countering the opposition that he forgot to just play their own game.
Let the opposition worry about countering you.
If you can't score, the opposition will start their offense.
If you can't score there is absolutely no way you can win. A draw is the most you can get out of it.
Thinkpad

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:21 pm

why stick with balotelli up top same same same trash. NO PLAN B ever since carroll left clueless rodgers. Balotelli is only good for 20 minutes leave him on bench start with borini and lambert everytime and hope origi comes in january  and get huuntelaar when his contract runs out. RODGERS is to rigid and stubborn ive said for a while. Sturridge said in his interview rodgers does the exact same thing in training as last year well we havent got the same players of last year so it dont work simple.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:48 pm wrote:This feels like one of those Worcester, Watford and Man City moments where managers in the past have drawn a line under one era and started again. To me the likes of Gerrard and Johnson need to be dropped and the knock on from that will be other players positions will then automatically come under scrutiny, for instance with Gerrard out of the team do we really need to pack our midfield with grafters like Allen and Hendo?

For fu'cks sake ! When are you and some others gonna stop blaming all our problems on Gerrard (who btw was clearly our best player by a country mile today)  and instead start turning your jaundiced eye on the fella that's supposedly managing this team ? You know, the tactical genius, the one that's spent a fortune on 9 players this summer some of whom (along with many supporters) must be wondering why the f*ck Rodgers signed them in the first place (because they hardly ever get any playing time ! ) .

:veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby shakey » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:49 pm

only me » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:04 pm wrote:Our current form is relegation level.

Nothing more to add other that not one fan was surprised from this result...Tells it all.

Spot on mate  :(
shakey

Postby Soupyzrx » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Dreadful today. Awful, woeful, terrible. I don't even get angry about it any more. Last season was all about Suarez. It seems he really was good enough to carry the rest of the team on his back, and make them look good, into the bargain. Really don't see where the required goals, inventiveness, flair etc is going to come from. Sturridge will help, but one player playing well is not enough. As I said before, forget a top-four finish, avoiding a bottom-four finish is a more realistic ambition on current form.

On the upside..... these shlt performances mean that I'm not interested in watching it again later on Match of the Day, so I get to do other stuff on a Saturday or Sunday night. As a result my bike restoration jobs are coming along nicely. Just in time for winter though... Bugger!
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games