Liverpool V Bournemouth - Cup - Wed 17th Dec - KO 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby tonna » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:13 am

Boocity » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:47 am wrote:We created more good chances against Manu that we have in our last 6 games put together due to the high tempo attack, I would give Sterling another chance to make amends and start scoring. Lambert just doesn't offer anything.

Agree - people miss that we could have had maybe 2 or 3 if our striking and their keeping had been different.
tonna
LFC Basic Member

Postby algymoon » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:22 am

It will be a very tough match for us, and I hope clueless BR send out the correct team! It is another test for LFC.
algymoon

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Boocity » Dec 17th, '14, 03:47 wrote:
Eagle » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:51 pm wrote:As so many players are playing so poorly currently saying that we should play our best team doesn’t mean much. No doubt that Bournemouth will come flying out the blocks (at home, massive game for them, full of confidence, etc) so I’d go solid in the first half and bring on some high energy players likes Sterling, Borini and Moreno) early in the second half when Bournemouth start to tire.

I’d really like to see Sakho come in for this game with the view to him starting against Arsenal. Can’t believe he has lost his place to Lovren who is making mistake after mistake.

Jones

Manquillo     Skrtel     Sakho     Enrique

Lucas
                   Can             Allen

Markovic                    Coutinho
                         Lambert

Subs: Borini, Sterling, Lallana, Henderson, Moreno, Lovren, Mignolet

We created more good chances against Manu that we have in our last 6 games put together due to the high tempo attack, I would give Sterling another chance to make amends and start scoring. Lambert just doesn't offer anything.

BR has to take this game very seriously, however, due to the mad things that have been going on at the Club, I can't see Sakho being given a chance (think he may still be recovering from injury anyway?), besides, Lovren was brought in to replace him! Don't think Can and Borini will get a chance, hope i'm wrong about that, but they must have upset his ego a bit.
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Boocity » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:47 am wrote:
Eagle » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:51 pm wrote:As so many players are playing so poorly currently saying that we should play our best team doesn’t mean much. No doubt that Bournemouth will come flying out the blocks (at home, massive game for them, full of confidence, etc) so I’d go solid in the first half and bring on some high energy players likes Sterling, Borini and Moreno) early in the second half when Bournemouth start to tire.

I’d really like to see Sakho come in for this game with the view to him starting against Arsenal. Can’t believe he has lost his place to Lovren who is making mistake after mistake.

Jones

Manquillo     Skrtel     Sakho     Enrique

Lucas
                   Can             Allen

Markovic                    Coutinho
                         Lambert

Subs: Borini, Sterling, Lallana, Henderson, Moreno, Lovren, Mignolet

We created more good chances against Manu that we have in our last 6 games put together due to the high tempo attack, I would give Sterling another chance to make amends and start scoring. Lambert just doesn't offer anything.

Yep, despite the score line that performance the weekend was probably one of our best of the season, especially given that OT is probably the most hostile ground we'll have to go to this season.
What may play into Brendan's thinking though is that Ricky was regarded as one of the best strikers in the lower divisions, for two seasons on the bounce he was the top scorer in all 4 divisions and he may be taylor made for this type of game, especially if Bournemouth set out to rough us up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:28 pm

Hopefully we will put this game to bed inside the 90 minutes so we don't risk burning one or two out before arsenal at the weekend.
I think this will be a tough game for us especially if they are prepared to be physical but as bad as we are form-wise we should have enough to get through this round.

I'd like to see this given a go.

mingy

manquillo               skrtel                     toure              moreno

lucas

lallana                            can                       markovic

sterling                    ballotelli

Balo did alright against manure and gave us a bit of physicality up front, sterling, markovic and lallana will be enough to provide the speed and movement while can and lucas can do the gritty stuff.
I don't think lambert will strike the fear of god into their C'H's but balotelli will  :nod

Come on the red's  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:59 pm

11 players that will start;
jones
lovren
skrtel
toure
Moreno
Henderson
lucas
gerrard
coutinho
lallana
sterling
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:16 pm

supersub » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:59 pm wrote:11 players that will start;
jones
lovren
skrtel
toure
Moreno
Henderson
lucas
gerrard
coutinho
lallana
sterling

Is that confirmed SS ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Come on Redmen, please, please just put in a performance and win.

I really hope LFC go with two upfront, and, if anything, have an extra striker on the bench

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Confirmed team

Liverpool XI: Jones, Toure, Lovren, Skrtel, Lucas, Gerrard, Coutinho, Henderson, Lallana, Sterling, Markovic.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Lambert, Sakho, Moreno, Manquillo, Can, Borini.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:39 pm

cardiff-red » Dec 17th, '14, 19:35 wrote:Confirmed team

Liverpool XI: Jones, Toure, Lovren, Skrtel, Lucas, Gerrard, Coutinho, Henderson, Lallana, Sterling, Markovic.

Pleased to see Borini, Sakho and Can there.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:45 pm

cardiff-red » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:35 pm wrote:Confirmed team

Nice one mate.
First thing that stands out about that particular team is that there's no recognised fullbacks so we must be going with 3 at the back again (which I don't mind)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:55 pm

I am really looking forward to see Markovic play, i think he will either shine like a star or be anonymous, i sincerely hope its a star  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:27 pm

Feeling pretty good about this one. It would have been nice to see some academy players make the team. Maybe BR is playing safe but it'd probably be a good time to play a wildcard. Hope we start well and shut Bournmouth up.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:50 pm

I don't know what Can has to do to get a game
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:57 pm

Is sterling even conscious? He cant do anything right should take a horse sedative to relax...
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games