LIVERPOOL v Arsenal Mon 28th Sept 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:17 am

Brilliant 3 points just what we needed with City flopping.

Our squad looks good, we've got good options. Jota was much needed and look a the difference he made when he came on. Good competition for our lads uptop. Both him and Thiago are game changers for us.

Early days but I've got a feeling we could retain this.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:06 am

red till i die!! » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:25 pm wrote:Absolute monster performance again tonight  :buttrock A fully deserved 3 points against a team in great form. Feared the worst when Mane clattered yer man after 2 Minutes and then going a goal behind, Thought it was going to be one of those nights but we had all the right answers in the end.

Fabinho is on another level with those performances and fully deserves the MOTM award again tonight.

Delighted for Jota getting on the scoresheet already. He's perfect for the system and will surely move above Ox,Shaq and Origi in the pecking order. Great start from him.

Lol at Klopp tackling Keane over his comments  :laugh: Sloppy!! What game were you watching  :laugh: It has to be killing Keane watching us towering above Manure for the last few seasons  :nod

To be fair to Keane he was praising the team the whole show, how could you not. He did say we were sloppy against Leeds and had sloppy moments against Arsenal but generally he seemed in awe of how good the team was.

As for the performance it was outstanding and just cements how good a team Klopp has created, I think it would have been worse for Arsenal had Thiago played as he was brought in really to unlock stubborn teams that sit deep and Arsenal surely did.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:06 am

Yeah it was just a case of crossed wires with Keane but good to see that Jurgen is prepared to fight our corner on live tv.
RTID was spot on to highlight the contribution of Fabinho, he was absolutely fantastic winning the ball back and putting fires out all over the pitch. Mane and Salah were magnificent too, we all know Mo is a greedy so and so but he is big time and we wouldn’t be the side we are without him, it was him who got us back into the game.
In truth though I thought there were great performances all over the park - Ally made some big saves, Joe Gomez had his best game in months, Gini worked his @rse off that second half, talk about heart, he made some real lung busting runs and what a debut from Jota, missed a sitter, had almost a certain goal taken off his toe by Mo and then conjures up a great bit of skill at the edge of the box to put the game beyond doubt. You can already see in that little cameo that he is great at drifting into dangerous positions and is a nightmare for defences to pick up.
I don’t want to get carried away but when you look at the spine of our team now - Ally, VVD, Thiago and Mo/Sadio up top it’s as good as anything in world football. When you think of where we where 5 years ago, the wealth/power of the clubs we are up against and the fact that we’ve had to sell to buy - Jurgen is a managerial God.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:32 am

How satisfying to see a Liverpool side put the fear of god into the whole league. Maureen will have Spurs practicing parking the bus this morning, OGS will be calling Fergienose for instructions, Pep will be a having nervous breakdown.

The lads were superb, total domination. I held my breath when they took Mane off.. but Jota had three clear chances and bagged one of them so thats a great start, however note where he was when he scored, dead centre, on the edge of the box - Mane would never have been there. So good goal, but was he in the position he should have been or should have been further over towards the by-line.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:35 am

Lads it’s all been said. I only have one word PHENOMENAL !!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:59 am

It was an excellent and intense performance all played well, however, it was overdue.  Salah ought to stop being selfish and contribute more towards the team's efforts, I thought Jota was impressive for his short period of playing time.
Let us complete the job against Arsenal in the cup game, and finish Villa at the weekend.

God Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:05 pm

kazza » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:06 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:25 pm wrote:Absolute monster performance again tonight  :buttrock A fully deserved 3 points against a team in great form. Feared the worst when Mane clattered yer man after 2 Minutes and then going a goal behind, Thought it was going to be one of those nights but we had all the right answers in the end.

Fabinho is on another level with those performances and fully deserves the MOTM award again tonight.

Delighted for Jota getting on the scoresheet already. He's perfect for the system and will surely move above Ox,Shaq and Origi in the pecking order. Great start from him.

Lol at Klopp tackling Keane over his comments  :laugh: Sloppy!! What game were you watching  :laugh: It has to be killing Keane watching us towering above Manure for the last few seasons  :nod

To be fair to Keane he was praising the team the whole show, how could you not. He did say we were sloppy against Leeds and had sloppy moments against Arsenal but generally he seemed in awe of how good the team .

I agree mate,  he was giving us our dues.  I think Klopp just heard sloppy and had a little overreaction.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:24 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:05 pm wrote:
kazza » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:06 am wrote:

To be fair to Keane he was praising the team the whole show, how could you not. He did say we were sloppy against Leeds and had sloppy moments against Arsenal but generally he seemed in awe of how good the team .

I agree mate,  he was giving us our dues.  I think Klopp just heard sloppy and had a little overreaction.

Agreed. Klopp overreacted
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:28 am

Keane's a bully and no one ever calls him out, it won't do Keane any harm to have a reality check.

Edit, just found this:   https://www.facebook.com/talkSPORT/vide ... 7758333268
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games