Leicester vs Liverpool 2nd Sep KO 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:15 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:43 am wrote:Wether it was down to fatigue or whatever if we lose control of the midfield against Spurs like we did against Leicester then we will get our @rses kicked. If Kane keeps on getting the ball around our box he will score its as simple as that. Pochettino has been laying into his players in the press openly questioning wether they have the aggression or the bottle to compete at the top level so they will be well fired up when they meet us.
Our performance at Wembley last year was nothing short of embarrassing, Lovren probably had his worst game in a red shirt and Henderson, Can and Milner were completely overrun, Coutinho was just about the only player we had who stood up to be counted.
I really hope Klopp changes it up, Dembele breezes past Milner and Henderson like they are not even there, at least Wijnaldum has got a bit of physical strength and puts up some sort of a fight.
I remember a few years ago we started off like a house on fire (the year we beat Arsenal 4-3 at their gaff) playing some great stuff but after the international break we weren't quite the same, I'm hoping the reverse happens this year, despite winning all our games we haven't looked that convincing up to now but I'm hoping after the break we click into gear (particularly the front 3).

You have to wonder which Spurs turn up, the side that beat Utd or the one beaten by Watford, I don't think Poch laying into his players through the media is the best way to get the best out of them, it could well have the opposite effect.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:49 pm

I watched the Spurs/ Utd game and Spurs were not that good in the first half, Utd had a few good chances they squandered and could have been 3-0 up themselves. Spurs just had three quality finishes second half, hence the result, but Spurs weren't brilliant.

We just can't afford to lose possession too much like we did versus Leicester and invite pressure. If we do we are doomed.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:58 am

Cool Hand Luke » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:52 am wrote:
maguskwt » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:38 am wrote:Apparently Klopp said that the players are not at their peak physical condition yet and ordered double training session to the lead up to this game... Probably explains why the players look more lethargic...

Where did you read that we were doing double sessions during the week? If we were, then it would probably have been the Mon-Wed (and predominately for players who came back late after the world cup), with Thursday and Friday being low intensity tactical sessions. so I doubt it had much effect on the players.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.espn. ... atform=amp

Here mate... I don't know if you have high intensity training two times a week wouldnt you need more than a couple of days to fully recover?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games