Leicester vs Liverpool 2nd Sep KO 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:30 pm

Thought Gomez had a good game today
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:31 pm

Santa » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:29 pm wrote:A tricky game because Alisson tried to be funny. A simple clearance turned into an embarrassing howler

Yes you can accept conceding a goal when it's a great strike or play but hate it when it's down to a mistake
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:33 pm

4 wins out of 4 - best start for 28 years , should have been a clean sheet bar a stupid error from the GK - Klopp will sort that out , poor finishing from Salah etc and it could have been 4/5 - another tough game but the team are showing a new mental strength to get through these and get the vital win
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:33 pm

Well that was a tough watch. Only positive was the points. I can't say any player was more than a 6/10 today.

Lessons learned -

Allison- get rid of that round object when it comes to you, otherwise you will lose us games

Hendo- if he is a regular starter in midfield with Milner we will struggle to make top 4- our midfield were overrun time and time again.
Hendo in particular is mediocrity defined and never a starter for a side aspiring to be champions, never mind captain.

Why buy Keita and Fabhino and start only the 4th game of the season with last years  trio?

Subs- when its obvious you are getting your a--e handed to you make the changes - even at half time if need be. Mourinho is a first class t--l but he brings on subs at half time if he sees the need.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:34 pm

To be fair to the keeper he kept his sh[it] together after the mistake, he didn't completely fall apart at the seams which was good to see, mistakes are going to happen it's how you react to them which is the important thing.
I've said it once I'll say it again, that midfield that we started the game with today just isn't good enough, if that midfield starts against Tottenham in 2 weeks time we will get our @rses kicked.
Leicester didn't deserve to lose that game today, they were the better side
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Our worst performance thus far, Midfield nowhere to be seen and we were under pressure for large spells and didn't control the game either.

Our keeper thinks he is a centre forward and likes to dribble players, and he found out today why that's risky. I'm sure Jurgen will just have a word with him.

But, three points and 4/4 wins, so no complaints.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Great to get the win but we were poor enough for the most of it.

Dissappointed to see Alisson make a howler like that so soon but it was coming because of the risk he takes. Hes good with feet but not that good so the players need to stop bringing him into play so often unless its to pump it up the field. In the build up to that mess we kept passing backwards   from midfield. Back and forward it was with them pressing higher each time till we got caught.

Our midfield with those 3 in it is our weakness. Henderson is a poor player in a side like ours. He runs in between players 15 yds apart and comes out of it with about 3 successful passes and we moved nowhere. He stifles our play imo. They create very little and its asking a lot of the front men to carry the can.

Still we are in the best position we could be so hopefully Jurgen has time to work on things over the break because we will need to come up with something different as we have much tougher games when we return.

Fair play to Gomez as well. Another good game and even if he does make way its encouraging to know he can step up when needed.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:16 pm

Ghost of Shankly wrote:Our worst performance thus far, Midfield nowhere to be seen and we were under pressure for large spells and didn't control the game either.

Our keeper thinks he is a centre forward and likes to dribble players, and he found out today why that's risky. I'm sure Jurgen will just have a word with him.

"no complaints"
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:46 pm

:rasp
Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:16 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly wrote:Our worst performance thus far, Midfield nowhere to be seen and we were under pressure for large spells and didn't control the game either.

"no complaints"
:laugh:
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:11 pm

The midfield is a big worry going forward, how many weeks is it until the January window opens?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:11 pm wrote:The midfield is a big worry going forward, how many weeks is it until the January window opens?

I’ll state right now that Klopp won’t be buying a midfielder in the winter - they were fine today , got the job done again against a combative midfield set up. Gini didn’t have his best but chances were created and not taken - you can say it’s a big worry but doubt the manager thinks the same
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Leicester could arguably claim to have deserved to win that game.
Their midfield ran the show in the second half especially.
If we put out Hendo et al against the better sides we will get beaten more often than not.
That midfield display was very poor.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Some comments on here are laughable we ave best start for 28yrs Leicester were a good test and we stood up again !! Fabinho will come in soon and Keita gona be a ox in midfield we will fire teams away soon
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby electrum » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:44 pm

We have had the best start in 28 years, absolutely. Does that mean we close our eyes to the glaring weaknesses that will cost us dearly if we don't address them?

And let's be honest our first four games we SHOULD expect to win if we have genuine title aspirations - WH, CP, Brighton and Leicester are not the leading lights - a little tricky one could argue but as I said losing to / drawing with these types is what had to change from the last couple of seasons
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:49 pm

Not a commanding performance or a definitive victory ,but we visited a ground which hasn't always been so accommodating in the past and we left with three points snatched from a side on the cusp of being a very good football team. However,I will say this ,if Lucas had given a free kick away in the last embers of the game in such a manner Milner did ,this forum would self combust .....Just saying  ??? It was rash ,careless and downright free of rational thought and commonsense.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games