Liverpool vs Leicester 30/01 20:00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:00 pm

Back to business as usual, another 3 points please.

It will be interesting how our lads deal with the pressure. City will potentially be 1 point behind us if they win this evening vs Newcastle.

Seems like VVD will not feature so Matip/Lovren have to step up their game.

I'm confident we will win but i think we will also concede. I'm hoping we don't have any brain fart moments.
The last thing we want is another 3-2 panic win.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:26 pm

Klopp has said that VVD will be available
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:48 pm

VVD has been ill but he trained yesterday and will train again later today so I'm pretty sure he'll start. Sounds like Gini, Lovren and Fabinho will be fine too but Trent will miss another game or two.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:01 pm

We pull our socks up and go completely to war now!! I knew all these games in a short period would cripple City, they look exhausted tonight. We should be fresh coming into this one.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:16 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:01 pm wrote:We pull our socks up and go completely to war now!! I knew all these games in a short period would cripple City, they look exhausted tonight. We should be fresh coming into this one.

f**king arrogance from City to play their first 11 in all of those games. And it was shown in that Burton match, when Pep spouted all that b0ll0cks about playing your regular team for every match.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:21 pm

Exactly!! Klopp has had a couple of years to learn the hard way. We might have got on his back for losing to beatable sides in both cups, but the main aim this year is the league and 100% is on that with very little gambles in team selection elsewhere.. We nearly blew the CL by fielding string players.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:35 pm

Tomorrows game is just fvcking massive, if we go 7 points clear the pressure on City will be fvcking ridiculous, with tricky games against Arsenal and Chelsea coming up they know one mistake and the gap could be 10, they would be playing with the sword of Damocles dangling above their heads.
We can't blow this opportunity to really turn the screws on them we just can't.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:45 pm

I'd rather we didn't have another 4-3 win. Still means three points of course, but watching us concede three goals the other day almost sent me to an early grave...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:57 pm

In SG words "Lets not let this slip". Massive massive opportunity to increase the gap.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:22 am

The hysteria from the fans, the city and the media is going crank up a notch. Klopp has to earn his corn by not letting it effect the players. They don't need to be distracted too much by what others are saying or the results of other teams. We just need to focus on our own games and next opponent.

I imagine the players are going to be more nervous than usual tomorrow. It's only natural. Klopp has to everything he can to keep them centred and calm so we can play our best football.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:51 am

Rafa, club legend forever!!!!  :bowdown

This is it lads.

Another golden opportunity to pile the pressure on the team everyone thought would "breeze" to another title.

No more, oh "lets just enjoy the season" or "City is still to strong to beat this season". The belief now needs to spread amongst all of the red supporters across the planet, this is OUR season!

Yes, we will be nervous and yes the pressure will be there. But I'm sure that our German maestro will do everything he can to make sure he sends out 11 red spartans that will breathe fire on the opposition.

We need to do everything possible to put a few goals past Leicester nice and early and show the rest of the league what we are made of this season.

If this was a hollywood epic, its the part of the movie where we charge en masse down that massive hill with the holy grail glittering in the horizon.

It's within in our sights now.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:15 am

Hopefully the lads will treat it like any other game and do the business. Our record at home is among the best in Europe and a thumping 3-0 win will pile the pressure on City...who have to play Arsenal, Everton (away) and Chelsea all next week  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:36 am

eds » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:51 am wrote:Rafa, club legend forever!!!!  :bowdown

This is it lads.

Another golden opportunity to pile the pressure on the team everyone thought would "breeze" to another title.

No more, oh "lets just enjoy the season" or "City is still to strong to beat this season". The belief now needs to spread amongst all of the red supporters across the planet, this is OUR season!

Yes, we will be nervous and yes the pressure will be there. But I'm sure that our German maestro will do everything he can to make sure he sends out 11 red spartans that will breathe fire on the opposition.

We need to do everything possible to put a few goals past Leicester nice and early and show the rest of the league what we are made of this season.

If this was a hollywood epic, its the part of the movie where we charge en masse down that massive hill with the holy grail glittering in the horizon.

It's within in our sights now.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

Nicely written.. We are the spartans who will dismantle Xerxes army....Common Redmen.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:53 am

Alisson

Fabinho
Matip/Lovren
VVD
Robbo

Hendo
Gini
Keita

Mane
Bobby
Mo
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:54 am

Well it looks like VVD won't be missing this super important match after all, so I guess we shouldn't have too many problems with these. With Trent, Gomez and Milner all out for this one, we don't have a senior player that has been played as a RB for us. Fabinho looks like the most sensible option but I think we might see Camacho get a start.

We have a few injuries but I don't think Leicester will give us too many problems. It's a big occasion as well and we usually turn up for those this season, so I'm very confident that we'll win. 2-0 to us.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games