Leicester vs Liverpool -EFL 19/09 19.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:39 pm

I want us to go far in this competition and even would like us to win it. squad players will get a chance in this competition so hoping we do go all the way.
Players like Solanke, Woodburn, Ward,  and others will need game time.

I can see it a mixture tomorrow as we will face these lot again on sat in the EPL.

I would like to see Ox, Solanke, Gujic all starting and Couts getting some mins aswel.

A trophy is a trophy so i would like us to win it, its been a fekin while.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:13 pm

It could be a tricky game this. Because we are in the CL I imagine we will be rotating a bit more than Leicester so our second string will probably have their hands full tomorrow. The game being away from home is not going to help either.
The last thing we need after 3 disappointing results on the bounce is another one but it could well happen.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:27 am

Yup a 3rd disappointing result will not help at all. To be honest i feel our 2nd string are slightly stronger than previous years so i am feeling optimistic, well a bit.

I really hope we win and progress.

Btw i think Shakespeare did say he will field youngsters and will rotate.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:06 am

Jurgen Klopp confirmed in his press conference that Danny Ward would start in goal, and Klopp is also expected to hand £35m man Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Marko Grujic the chance to impress from the off.

With the Carabao Cup being a breeding ground for off-kilter selections, the rest of both Liverpool's and Leicester's starting XI's could contain pretty much anyone eligible for selection.

Expect a place for Ben Woodburn after his strong performance for Wales and Steven Gerrard's u19 side, while James Milner could continue his run in the centre of midfield

Andy Robertson should continue at left-back and Daniel Sturridge may continue to build his match fitness.

Jamie Vardy is set to miss out with a groin strain for Leicester while Matty James, Robert Huth and Christian Fuchs won't be in the squad.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... s-13638224
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Id play something like this

Gk. Ward
Rb. Alexander Arnold
Cb. Klavan
Cb. Gomez
Lb. Robertson
Cm. Grujic
Cm. Couthino
Cm. Milner
Am. Oxlaide Chamberlain
Cf. Sturridge
Am. Woodburn

Subs

Karius, Solanke, Ings, Winjaldum, Matip, Flanagan, Markovic
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:43 pm

We need a pick me up tonight for sure and Klopp should think about putting a trophy on the table, something that seems lost these days with everyone trying to monetise achievements.

Club has stopped winning silverware and EFL is a good start point and achievable providing we dont take the p*ss out of it.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:50 pm

parchpea » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:43 pm wrote:We need a pick me up tonight for sure and Klopp should think about putting a trophy on the table, something that seems lost these days with everyone trying to monetise achievements.

Club has stopped winning silverware and EFL is a good start point and achievable providing we dont take the p*ss out of it.

I agree mate i really want us to win a trophy regardless. Also Klopp needs to break his finals bad luck.
Last edited by redshade on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:53 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:24 pm wrote:Id play something like this

Gk. Ward
Rb. Alexander Arnold
Cb. Klavan
Cb. Gomez
Lb. Robertson
Cm. Grujic
Cm. Couthino
Cm. Milner
Am. Oxlaide Chamberlain
Cf. Sturridge
Am. Woodburn

Subs

Karius, Solanke, Ings, Winjaldum, Matip, Flanagan, Markovic

I would switch Studge with Solanke. I can't see Studge playing another full 90 also Solanke needs game time aswel and i would like to see how he will do in a full match rather than sub appearances.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:01 pm

This is our first step this season in winning the QUADRUPLE!!!. just being positive :)
We know our fringe players will be involved in a mass rotation, plus probably Coutinho will get a run out, the result also hinges on which Leicester team will be playing. Anyway, I expect us to give a good account, and hopefully we don't go out in the first round.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:38 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Cheers CR, much appreciated  :bowdown .
Not sure what to make of that team tbh, I would have preferred to see Coutinho in a central position but it looks like he is going to start out wide.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:46 pm wrote:Cheers CR, much appreciated  :bowdown .
Not sure what to make of that team tbh, I would have preferred to see Coutinho in a central position but it looks like he is going to start out wide.

Grujic is the player I am really looking forward to see mate, I hope he can really take the bull by the horns, competition is tough for him so really hope he steps up tonight without making any daft tackles.

Also excited to see Gomez in his proper CB position and of course a start for Solanke

Come on you red men !!
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:14 pm

I like Grujic but that back 4 looks horrendous, probably need at least 3 tonight.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:28 pm

What's the Leicester line up? First team or a weakened outfit
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:37 pm

Leicester will win there I said it  :eyebrow
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games