Liverpool vs Leicester 30/01 20:00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:33 pm

I'm more concerned about our performance level than the result, we haven't really played well since we beat Arsenal at Anfield a month ago.
We lost to City, lost to Wolves in the FA Cup (admittedly with a scratch side), scraped past Brighton 1-0 with a pen and then had a life and death struggle with Palace a week last Saturday. We could do with a couple of convincing wins imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:04 am

I can't wait for us to get our back 4 together again. We lack pace at the bcak, had Leicester been more ruthless we could've ended with no points. Our passing was pedestrian at times, Leicester nullified anything we tried.
Oh well we move on loooooong way to go yet.

Btw fek the w*nker in black.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:20 am

Disappointed in the result but the conditions were awful for a passing team like ours and the officiating was shocking throughout the match. Leicester often give us problems (our bogey team) with their deep defense and quick counterattacking players but with better conditions and better refereeing we could have won. We move on to West Ham, a team we should enjoy playing more.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:14 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:33 pm wrote:I'm more concerned about our performance level than the result, we haven't really played well since we beat Arsenal at Anfield a month ago.
We lost to City, lost to Wolves in the FA Cup (admittedly with a scratch side), scraped past Brighton 1-0 with a pen and then had a life and death struggle with Palace a week last Saturday. We could do with a couple of convincing wins imo.

:nod

Agreed, the last couple of games we've not really been "at it" . Considering we've just had a nine day break expected a lot more verve from us last night.  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:44 am

A lot of the time this season we have relied on our superb defence. Without them we certainly have problems. Not looking forward to Bayern without VVD. Our attack has also left a lot to be desired in many games and last night was no exception. The creation from midfield is also worrying. Keita was unlucky not to get a penalty last night but apart from that he wasn’t great. Mind you I wouldn’t have replaced him with Lallana or Sturridge. Let’s face it we don’t do easy and the same will apply to the title race.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:39 am

This is the reality performances of the second half of the season, no clean sheet, shaky keeper, shaky defence, can't defend against set pieces, it was only for the brilliant sole performance from Mane to win a point in a game we really should have lost, had Leicester taken their good chances. Apart from Mane, the front line was Sh*t, especially Salah and master of the dud Firmino.

Before the Nutcase manager mouth off in BBC about his achievement in January in position 4 points ahead of M. City!, well we must remind him that his team second half performances of the past season weren't that good at all.  The main achievement is in May! The way I see it unless Liverpool has over 10 points spare between them and the second, there are many hard games coming up, the chasing pack will catch up, and properly pass them.
I still don't have faith in this Sh*t manager, who is only here to enjoy the moment!, we let him fool himself, and by coming May, he wouldn't be laughing!!!
The next five games is a real test!!!
algymoon

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:42 pm

We fluffed a great opportunity to go 7 points ahead. When competing against a Juggernaut like City you must take any chance you are given. The bigger the lead the better because City are the type of team who can go on a crazy winning run. Been trying to stay positive that at least we've gained a point on them but sadly a it was a missed opportunity.

A problem we have atm is a weak bench. No real game changers just average joes who are passed it.

I agree about the Keita sub i felt he should've stayed on as well. He was playing better and making some good runs.
I don't know if it was the conditions or the lads were still in Dubai but some of them performed very poorly. Shaq was one of the worst imo and Salah kept on fumbling all over the place.
If we were going to win the game it would have been via that pen or maybe Leicester going to 10 men. We didn't have the cutting edge to beat them without any intervention.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:16 pm

We had two great opportunities after Mane scored, Firmino's shot and Mane's free header, both should have been put away but even just one would have put the game to bed.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:55 pm

algymoon » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:39 am wrote:This is the reality performances of the second half of the season, no clean sheet, shaky keeper, shaky defence, can't defend against set pieces, it was only for the brilliant sole performance from Mane to win a point in a game we really should have lost, had Leicester taken their good chances. Apart from Mane, the front line was Sh*t, especially Salah and master of the dud Firmino.

Before the Nutcase manager mouth off in BBC about his achievement in January in position 4 points ahead of M. City!, well we must remind him that his team second half performances of the past season weren't that good at all.  The main achievement is in May! The way I see it unless Liverpool has over 10 points spare between them and the second, there are many hard games coming up, the chasing pack will catch up, and properly pass them.
I still don't have faith in this Sh*t manager, who is only here to enjoy the moment!, we let him fool himself, and by coming May, he wouldn't be laughing!!!
The next five games is a real test!!!

So let me get this right....you are hoping that we lose the title...so you can enjoy the sight of Klopp not laughing in May?   ???
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:49 pm

We started so well but it soon became clear Leicester planned to attack us and they played very well whilst we laboured particularly in attack.

Nailed on penalty denied but we have no excuses really and unusually pretty poor performance from us collectively and individually.

I know it's a point gained but in all honesty I am still gutted.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:09 am

5 points ahead of our nearest rivals, Henderson playing as a make shift RB,Matip at CB , Martin Atkinson the official and playing our bogey team,I will take the draw all day long. It may be a slow shuffle rather than a gallop but its still momentum.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:56 am

I know the pitch got covered in snow between the warm up and the game, but did the grass seem a bit longer than normal? It seemed to be holding loads of moisture even where there wasn't white patches. Maybe the groundsman where unable to cut it during the week due to the weather.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:07 pm

:laugh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:19 am

Pig Catcher » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:56 am wrote:I know the pitch got covered in snow between the warm up and the game, but did the grass seem a bit longer than normal? It seemed to be holding loads of moisture even where there wasn't white patches. Maybe the groundsman where unable to cut it during the week due to the weather.

The condition was definitely weird. It wasn't dry snow. The snow became ice lodged in the grass. When the players passed or kicked, you could see the ice flying all over the place.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:36 am

maguskwt » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:19 am wrote:
Pig Catcher » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:56 am wrote:I know the pitch got covered in snow between the warm up and the game, but did the grass seem a bit longer than normal? It seemed to be holding loads of moisture even where there wasn't white patches. Maybe the groundsman where unable to cut it during the week due to the weather.

The condition was definitely weird. It wasn't dry snow. The snow became ice lodged in the grass. When the players passed or kicked, you could see the ice flying all over the place.

Don’t we have under pitch heating Anfield? Maybe that would have just turned the pitch into a bog as the ice melted.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games