Leicester vs Liverpool 2nd Sep KO 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:24 pm wrote:Well some of us have also seen glory days but understand that the game has changed and that the current squad have a great chance and aren’t ready to give up just yet.

If Jurgen keeps playing the 3 plodders in the middle take it from me, save yourself a lot of heartache, don't bother getting your hopes up. We are close to having a very good side but unfortunately we are not quite there yet, that midfield is going to let us down, particularly in the big games.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:32 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:24 pm wrote:Well some of us have also seen glory days but understand that the game has changed and that the current squad have a great chance and aren’t ready to give up just yet.

If Jurgen keeps playing the 3 plodders in the middle take it from me, save yourself a lot of heartache, don't bother getting your hopes up. We are close to having a very good side but unfortunately we are not quite there yet, that midfield is going to let us down, particularly in the big games.

Sorry but I’ll politely disagree because you don’t understand the make up of that midfield when they play together and I see them as much more than plodders but then i am surprised at your lack of respect for the job they do - suspect you had no issues cheering them when they helped us get to the CL final last season

But you enjoy wallowing in woe is me and self pity - I’ll enjoy the start and look forward to the next game
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:46 pm

My take on the middle is i would like to see Keita/Fabinho and Shaqiri off them.

However it seems like Fabinho isn't ready yet. If he was Klopp would definitely play him because why else did he spend that much on him.

I would love to see Shaq in the 10 position but like Lallana said it seems he will cover the wings and uptop when required.

Wijnaldum and Milner are doing well in the middle so i think Klopp doesn't want to break the flow.

Im convinced we will see Fabinho and Keita as regulars with a bit of time.

When do need an attacker to join or front three when we play tough opposition so i would have loved Shaq there with Mane, Salah and Firmino.

I'm sure we will see Fabinho feature and possibly start during the hectic fixtures after the international break.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:49 pm

In the big games vs PSG/ City and Spurs we need to be solid in the middle.
But also we need x1 attacking minded player there aswel who can join in the front 3 and provide a serious threat on goal. That is why i would love to see Shaqiri there.

If Fabinho isn't ready I'd play wijnaldum or Milner with Keita and Shaq off them. I feel Shaq is more gifted than Lallana or Ox and would provide a solid presence and goal threat.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:41 pm wrote:

Sorry but I’ll politely disagree because you don’t understand the make up of that midfield when they play together and I see them as much more than plodders but then i am surprised at your lack of respect for the job they do - suspect you had no issues cheering them when they helped us get to the CL final last season

But you enjoy wallowing in woe is me and self pity - I’ll enjoy the start and look forward to the next game

forget the term plodders..They are good players they aren't good enough for a starter position in a contending team..They can't hold the MF end off..Hendo can't deliver the deep cross..Gini hardly shows up in away games and Milner is a huge warrior but pretty limited in speed..That is why Keita was signed and Fabinho as well..That's the next step forward..acknowledge it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:31 pm

only me » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:43 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:41 pm wrote:

forget the term plodders..They are good players they aren't good enough for a starter position in a contending team..They can't hold the MF end off..Hendo can't deliver the deep cross..Gini hardly shows up in away games and Milner is a huge warrior but pretty limited in speed..That is why Keita was signed and Fabinho as well..That's the next step forward..acknowledge it.

Actually a number of times Klopp has stated that both Keita and Fabinho were both signed to improve and enhance the squad - and the emphasis was the squad , we now have 6 players who will play in midfield and those 6 will be rotated and selected depending on the opposition or how the manager wants the team to set up and play.

For example against City and PSG the manager is going to pack the middle of the park solid , against teams at home he may well go a bit more fluid - but it’s far more that just putting Fabinho and Keita in the middle and that’s it. Milner , Gini , and especially Henderson are going to play many games- along with Keita , Fabinho and Lallana.

It’s a shame Ox was injured because he woold have been he 6th and Lallana higher.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:38 am

We were poor versus Leicester, and somehow struggled over the line to get the three points.

With playing 3 in Midfield, with Hendo, Milner and Wjnaldum starring, then we could struggle against the teams parking the bus, and the teams playing four or five in Midfield as most will try to Stifle us in the Midfield areas.

Don't all start creaming our pants just yet. Watford and Chelsea have won four also.

We need to buck our ideas for the next match as it's Spurs away.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:47 am

I love the anguish, if it's like this after a win just imagine the shit-storm after we inevitably lose.

Let me get the first word in "Klopp out!"
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:45 am

Reg » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:47 am wrote:I love the anguish, if it's like this after a win just imagine the shit-storm after we inevitably lose.

Let me get the first word in "Klopp out!"

You can't make it out really.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:23 pm

Missed the game due to a wedding so only caught the MOTD highlights. Judging by what my mates said:
• The worst performance of the season so far with the midfield not functioning well and Henderson having a particularly poor game.
• With Keita not in the team was lost the link between the back and the front.
• Salah was poor but Shaqiri was very effective when he came on. Posed a threat and slowed the game down cleverly when needed.
• VVD was sloppy but Gomez was the best player on the pitch.
• Despite us not playing well there was vert little threat to our goal.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:56 pm

Salah started slowly last season, in the first few games last term if you remember he never had his shooting boots on and scuffed loads of chances. He then went on to score 44 times, so he's starting slow.

Two weeks now with no footy before the spurs showdown.

Boo hoo :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:32 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:56 pm wrote:Salah started slowly last season, in the first few games last term if you remember he never had his shooting boots on and scuffed loads of chances. He then went on to score 44 times, so he's starting slow.

Two weeks now with no footy before the spurs showdown.

Boo hoo :(

These International breaks are f[vc]king awful, to be fair the powers that be know they are shyte as well that's why they have started this nations cup/league thing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:38 am

Apparently Klopp said that the players are not at their peak physical condition yet and ordered double training session to the lead up to this game... Probably explains why the players look more lethargic...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:52 am

maguskwt » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:38 am wrote:Apparently Klopp said that the players are not at their peak physical condition yet and ordered double training session to the lead up to this game... Probably explains why the players look more lethargic...

Where did you read that we were doing double sessions during the week? If we were, then it would probably have been the Mon-Wed (and predominately for players who came back late after the world cup), with Thursday and Friday being low intensity tactical sessions. so I doubt it had much effect on the players.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:43 am

Wether it was down to fatigue or whatever if we lose control of the midfield against Spurs like we did against Leicester then we will get our @rses kicked. If Kane keeps on getting the ball around our box he will score its as simple as that. Pochettino has been laying into his players in the press openly questioning wether they have the aggression or the bottle to compete at the top level so they will be well fired up when they meet us.
Our performance at Wembley last year was nothing short of embarrassing, Lovren probably had his worst game in a red shirt and Henderson, Can and Milner were completely overrun, Coutinho was just about the only player we had who stood up to be counted.
I really hope Klopp changes it up, Dembele breezes past Milner and Henderson like they are not even there, at least Wijnaldum has got a bit of physical strength and puts up some sort of a fight.
I remember a few years ago we started off like a house on fire (the year we beat Arsenal 4-3 at their gaff) playing some great stuff but after the international break we weren't quite the same, I'm hoping the reverse happens this year, despite winning all our games we haven't looked that convincing up to now but I'm hoping after the break we click into gear (particularly the front 3).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games