LEEDS UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - carling cup discussion

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:59 pm

I still hate Billy Bremner, the ginger haired narky underdeveloped scottish poison faced little dwarf.

Never forgiven him since he got KK sent off at Wembley. :;):
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flexiblegoat » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:28 am

I hope Enoch Showunmi gets a game for Leeds in this one. I went to school with him and he was a huge Liverpool fan. Capped for Nigeria and with 40 goals in 204 appearances in league football. Worse than N'gog?  ???  :D
flexiblegoat

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:50 am

We still owe them a good 'un for Mark Viduka, the smelly tw*t.

Let's smack the f*cking scumbags all over the pitch.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flexiblegoat » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:56 am

Cavalieri

Degan       Carragher           Kyrgiakos        Insua

Mascherano

Lucas/Spearing

Benayoun
Babel                                                     Dossena
                           Voronin/N'gog

First time I've posted a line-up for a game. It's quite tough with some of the backup available. Thought the spare keeper might as well start, else what's he for? Carragher looks leggy, but he and Kyrgiakos have at least played together before and I'd trust him better to cover for a right flank of Babel/Degan than Martin S. Babel obviously did something positive on the right on Saturday and he could rotate with Voronin. Benayoun gets a go in the hole: if it's away at Chelsea we might want to keep it tight which suggests Kuyt on the right and two DMs, so he may only make the bench then anyway. Insua means it's not a completely new back four and if Aurelio is fit, maybe start him at Chelsea after his goal in the 4-4. Dossena as a LM might shore up the left to compensate for the right (does football work like this?). He may not be able to defend but is nominally a LB. I reckon Mash has got the stamina and Lucas is young so both could cope. Spearing with Masch might be more creative, whilst retaining experience. Can't decide on Eggnog/Voronator. Can Voronin play as a lone striker? Can N'gog? He has pace at least. I think I'd try Voronin and have him rotate with Babel. Then again, there's not many youngsters in the team, which might be the point of the CC.

Bench: Kuyt (N'gog) (Spearing) Pacheco, Skrtel, Darby, Reina

Prediction: Leeds 1 (Showunmi  :) ) - 2 (Benayoun, Babel) Liverpool

P.S.: How do you get goalkeeper in the middle?
Last edited by flexiblegoat on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
flexiblegoat

Postby bigmick » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:31 am

Well I'd rest the obvious candidates, but I wouldn't go too silly. There are a couple of reasons for that, firstly the kids won't get any experience if we get knocked out at the first time of asking, and secondly who's to say that come the new year we won't be glad we're still in this.

We haven't won a trophy for three seasons, and while this would definately be ranked fourth out of the ones we compete in I'd take it over nothing at all any day of the week. If we're top of the league we can always bin it at the quarter final stage or something, but for now I'd be looking to stay in it and reserving judgement on how important a competition it is for a wee bit.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:05 am

Lets aim big..........champions league and the BPL. Can't be bothered by this league cup.

In my view benitez generally does better when he has less competitons to worry about :
a)we were out of the FA cup and the EPL when we won the champions league (although we went to the league cup final.....but guess that was an anomaly :p )

b)we were pretty much out of everything else when we won the FA cup,

c)ditto when we went to another Champ legue final....we were pretty much out of running for the league and the domestic cups.

So this is the team i will go with......... i will pick wingers who can help out the fullbacks (when they attack)...

Diego
          Darby   Kragon    Agger*  Auerlio*
                               Plessis
            Degen         Spearing         Dossena***
                               Pacho**
                                Ngog

* - pick them to help them get match fitness asap.

** - From what i saw during the pre-season matches....Pacho has enormous potential. He could become as good as rooney. He has to play more competitive matches so that it could eventually help him make a stepup to the 1st team in the near future.

*** -Everytime dossena has played as a LW...he has done well IMO. So give him a game there.... (who knows, he could become the next zidane :p)
Last edited by The_Rock on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:06 am

bollox to resting 1st teamers - play a full strength squad, replace a few key players on 60 mins. Should be 4-0 up by then.

keep the momemtum rolling...
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 am

Lee J wrote:bollox to resting 1st teamers - play a full strength squad, replace a few key players on 60 mins. Should be 4-0 up by then.

keep the momemtum rolling...

???
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:33 am

what? put the full squad out.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:33 pm

I would only rest Reina, Carragher, Torres and Gerrard and replace them with El Greeko, Babel and Benny

Carvo
johno   Greeko  Skrtlo  Insuo
kuyto  Lucaso  Mascaho Reirao
              Benno
          babelo
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:21 pm

Rafael Benitez hopes Liverpool can overcome a tricky test at Leeds United and take their first step towards Carling Cup glory. 
The Reds face the League One outfit in the tie of the third round tonight, with Benitez insisting he wants to go all the way this year and banish the memories of the 2005 final defeat against Chelsea.

"In my first year here I was really disappointed because we were 10 minutes away from winning the final - losing that was difficult to take," he said.

"I would like to go to the final again and make amends for that.

"We want to win silverware and this is an option. We will try to do our best in the Carling Cup."

LFC.TV
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:45 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I think DC is a cert to play in goal

I think the Doss has to play, he hasn't played a minute all season IIRC. If he has, it certainly wasn't any significant minutes.

If Agger and or Aurelio are fit, I think they have to play.

The Big Greek has to play.

Voronin, Babel, and N'Gog have to play.

I would like to think that Spearing has to play (you could argue that Lucas might need a rest even)

RB is a toss up between Darby and Degen. Will probably go to Degen. I think Kelly is with England U20s

But then I think I would want at least 1 "established" player out there to captain the side and help see us through. In all likeliehood I think we will end up with more than 1. Maybe Riera, you could say he has been a bit short on minutes too

From the reserves I think any of Pacheco (who was not fit to play last week against United, so who knows), Eccleston, Ayala, and Mavinga have shown enough so far to earn a seat on the bench.

btw, for those who prefer a visual:

Cavalieri
  Degen      El Greco      Agger    Aurelio
                Mascherano     Spearing
  Babel               Voronin               Dossena
                       N'Gog

Martin
Ayala
Darby
Riera
Plessis
Eccleston
Bennayoun
JoeTerp

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:11 pm

I reckon we'll lose with that line up

we need some big guns on the bench just in case they nick a goal early and park the No.19 bus in the goal
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite25 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:17 pm

God i hate living in Leeds on a day like today!!!

Fair enough it's like a cup final for them but bloody hell I wasn't as bad as the lot in my office for Istanbul.

We better win regardless of the line up or it'll be murder tomorrow lol

TBH honest though I 'd rather the academy boys won the Youth Cup than us get anywhere in this worthless competition. Our squad (and by that i mean players that will actually make a 1st team appearance this season) isn't big enough to give this 2 bit cup a 2nd thought.

Yes a trophy is a trophy is a trophy but would anybody on here consider this season a sucess if we won the Carling cup but f*ck all else, cos I know I wouldn't.

Anyway i'm going for 2-1 with the winner from Wash.
Shankly on boardroom meetings - 'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9349/kkwt.jpg
Kopite25

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:34 pm

Hopefully there are some decent streams for tonight
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games