LEEDS UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - carling cup discussion

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Owzat » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:36 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Diego Cav

Degen                          Agger               Krygiakos            Aurelio

Babel                           Lucas                Spearing             Riera

Voronin               Ngog

hard fought 1 nil win

Probably go with something similar, those in need of games to gain fitness I'd have on the bench rather than risk them from the off and play for more than 60+ minuts

GK Cavalieri
RB Degen - see if he can get through one of these games!
LB Insua
CB Kelly - for experience
CB Kyrgiakos - keep him in match practice
RM El Zhar
LM Dossena
CM Lucas
CM Spearing
CF Babel - see what he can do
CF Voronin - keep him in match practice

Subs - Martin, Agger, Aurelio, N'Gog and three kids.

While many may see these games as a chance to give youth a game and senior squad members a rest, why not see it as a chance to give squad members a game who might not get a start usually? Gives us an improved chance of a cup run, and gives a chance for fringe players to show their worth.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:41 pm

Liverpool provisional squad: Cavalieri, Degen, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Dossena, Aurelio, Riera, Spearing, Babel, Voronin, Ngog, Reina, Benayoun, Lucas, Plessis, Darby, Kelly, Eccleston, Ayala

Cav
Darby
Agger
Zorba
Aurelio

Babel
Spearing
Plessis
Reira

Ngog
Voronin
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:16 pm

GYBS wrote:Liverpool provisional squad: Cavalieri, Degen, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Dossena, Aurelio, Riera, Spearing, Babel, Voronin, Ngog, Reina, Benayoun, Lucas, Plessis, Darby, Kelly, Eccleston, Ayala

Cav
Darby
Agger
Zorba
Aurelio

Babel
Spearing
Plessis
Reira

Ngog
Voronin

did you get that provisonal squad from someplace or did you make it up?
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Owzat, I believe El Zhar is still injured from when he hurt himself attempting that over the head kick
JoeTerp

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:36 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
GYBS wrote:Liverpool provisional squad: Cavalieri, Degen, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Dossena, Aurelio, Riera, Spearing, Babel, Voronin, Ngog, Reina, Benayoun, Lucas, Plessis, Darby, Kelly, Eccleston, Ayala

Cav
Darby
Agger
Zorba
Aurelio

Babel
Spearing
Plessis
Reira

Ngog
Voronin

did you get that provisonal squad from someplace or did you make it up?

From another forum who got it off a website
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:50 pm

I think DC is a cert to play in goal

I think the Doss has to play, he hasn't played a minute all season IIRC. If he has, it certainly wasn't any significant minutes.

If Agger and or Aurelio are fit, I think they have to play.

The Big Greek has to play.

Voronin, Babel, and N'Gog have to play.

I would like to think that Spearing has to play (you could argue that Lucas might need a rest even)

RB is a toss up between Darby and Degen. Will probably go to Degen. I think Kelly is with England U20s

But then I think I would want at least 1 "established" player out there to captain the side and help see us through. In all likeliehood I think we will end up with more than 1. Maybe Riera, you could say he has been a bit short on minutes too

From the reserves I think any of Pacheco (who was not fit to play last week against United, so who knows), Eccleston, Ayala, and Mavinga have shown enough so far to earn a seat on the bench.
JoeTerp

Postby aCe' » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:52 pm

id go with..

Cavalieri

Degen
Skrtel
Agger
Insua

Babel
Spearing
Aurelio
Reira

Lucas

Voronin

Have Pacheco, Plessis, and Ngog come on as subs if we're winning... probably have Kyrgiakos, Gerrard, Kuyt in that bench too...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:06 pm

Strange team mate - Why go with insua and skrtel mate esp when insua has played every minute so far ? perfect chance for him to get a rest and fabio to get some match fitness at left back and not in the centre of the park and also zorba the greek to get some playing time as well  ?can definatly see ngog playing and lucas getting a rest
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:21 pm

we could really do with winning this one convincingly.. im not sure having a back4 who have never played together, a midfield 4 who (bar Riera) are lacking in many many departments, and a strike force of Ngog and Voronin (enough said) would achieve that goal...

Think Skrtel could do with some confidence and im sure Insua would like a chance to maybe change the manager's mind about who should be the starting leftback... Babel down the right because realistically this is the only position it seems where he could get some starting time (Torres & Kuyt to me are our forwards, so if Torres gets hurt id have Kuyt up there with Babel down the right).. Lucas against weaker opposition with more freedom to play his natural role without needing to worry about bringing it out from the back could bring out the best in him (he needs all the confidence he can get if hes to keep his spot).. Aurelio to stake a claim at Lucas' spot and get some match fitness back... Voronin...mmm.... well you need 11 on the pitch so yea...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:23 pm

We need to stop leaking easy goals... if it means the greek guy waits until Skrtel, Carra, Agger get injured then so be it.. for now i dont think it would be a good idea putting out such a weak side especially with our defense seemingly lacking in confidence with all thats gone wrong there recently..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Yeah but aurelio in the middle ? we have players like plessis and spearing to fill that job if neeeded - we have cms who needs games before putting our number one left back in there aurelio should be left back and thats it. Giving both skrtel and insua a rest maybe exactly what they need and give the greek a chance and agger who are both experienced cbs - will agree with babel on the right and reira on the left so can see both voronin and ngog starting to give them both a good run out and a chance for goals - then bring players like ayala and ecclestone on to give them a bit of go. This is the CC and we have chance to give players a run out and give other players match practise and got to take that chance .

The side isnt really that weak - gk is ok

fullbacks - right degen or darby - well okish left - fabio - number one in the club

cbs both experienced internationals

cm a bit inexperiencde but both have done well in the prem when called upon .

wide men and forwards all experienced in the prem bar ngog
Last edited by GYBS on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Leave out as many regulars as possible but ensure the team has balance. I would be tempted to play either Lucus or Masch but Plessis and Spearing have played together enough in the reserves so should have a good understanding.

Cavalieri

Degen    Kyrgiakos    Agger    Aurelio

Plessis   Spearing

Babel     Voronin      Riera

Ngog

Subs

Eccleston
Pacheco
Amoo
Lucus
Carragher
Kelly
Martin

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:20 pm

metalhead wrote:rest everyone, play the ressies for this one, I don't give a sh!t about the carling cup

2nd that. We have bigger fish to fry
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:20 pm

Well its always nice to watch our boys play, even if it is the carling cup..

:)
Fauxy

Postby TheLad » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm

I do care about the Carling Cup, it would be nice to be in the final. Play a decent side with some reserves + Riera, Babel, Voronin, BigGreek etc. Gerrard, Torres, Benayoun, Johnson, Lucas, Kuyt, Skrtel, Carra must have a rest.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games