Everton V Liverpool - 23/11/13 12:45 K/O

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby fivecups » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:44 pm

maguskwt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:23 pm wrote:BR made two mistakes...

Playing Coutinho on the wings and playing Allen where Coutinho should be playing...

We should've won it... but am just relieved we got the draw...

I think BR should've abit more faith in our trio of Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge instead of setting out to contain everton...

He said before the game he wanted to start with Sturridge but he wasn't fit. I hope Suarez recovers from the Mirallas mauling.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Decisive moment of the match was Allen miss ,should have put the game to sleep ,but poor Joe couldn't take his opportunity and probably marked his return to the shelf for a long time. (had a very mute game till then as well). We withstood the Everton Charge and responded with Goals but our overall Defensive play was far from focused. Thought Skertel and Agger made a great point for having Sakho and Toure back as starters ,our CB's were pretty average. Thought Glen and Gerrard also had pretty weak defensive lapses. Flanagan was a huge positive surprise ,playing out of position thought he was one of our best performers today. Coutniho (maybe because of his wing position) didn't impact the game as much as he should ,he should impose his will on the game and let the game come to him. Pretty exciting stuff today ,if we were more focused we could have taken this.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:52 pm

fivecups » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:44 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:23 pm wrote:BR made two mistakes...

Playing Coutinho on the wings and playing Allen where Coutinho should be playing...

We should've won it... but am just relieved we got the draw...

I think BR should've abit more faith in our trio of Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge instead of setting out to contain everton...

He said before the game he wanted to start with Sturridge but he wasn't fit. I hope Suarez recovers from the Mirallas mauling.

Still, playing Coutinho on the left is wasting his talent... and Allen's form is awful... he should've played Moses on the left and Coutinho in the middle...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Everytime we've dropped points its been down to tactical mistakes by BR or questionable selection decisions.

We are not going to get the top 4 at this rate...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Thought we were awful and lucky to get anything, Everton battered us most of the game. TBH when I saw the lineup I thought there team was stronger than ours which is probably the first time i ever thought that about an Everton team. Allens shocking miss probably cost us the game, going 3-1 up that point of the match would of been game over. Henderson, Lucas, Allen were all appalling and their lack of quality is shocking, at no point of the game did we have control of the game, with players of that standard we will never control a game against a decent team.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Focus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Agree, Liverpool are unlikely to finish top 4. The game was a disappointment for Everton fans but a relief for Liverpool fans. Danny Sturridge equalised to spoil their weekend. Kudos to Martinez and Everton, they outclassed Liverpool for most of the game. Joe Allen should not play for Liverpool ever again. Missed a sitter and got himself booked later, there is no point in keeping him in the squad. Lucas still has the tendency to give away free kicks at dangerous positions and did it again that lead to their 2nd goal. Lucas' time at Liverpool is up as well and we need a better defensive midfielder. Mignolet my Liverpool's MOTM, he has saved our ars#s so many times.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:08 pm

Jesus what's wrong with you people? I wont say that we controlled the game but Everton outclassing us? What have you been watching? It was pretty much an even game with an equal amount of chances. You don't score 3 goals by being dominated. We were a lot closer to winning this one than they were so it's very unfair to say that we were outclassed.

Dropping points because of Brendan? OK, I won't argue with that, but guys, we are where we are right now because of Rodgers. We've lost some points that we shouldn't have but it's a very difficult league. "Not going to get 4th at this rate"? We're second for f*ck sake, what bigger "rate" do you need?!

Seriously you guys, you can't do this every time we lose points, it's very unfair. I would have understood the criticism if it were like last season but this is ridiculous. It has been a good year for us so far so I would have expected that our own fans would have a bit more faith in the team.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:18 pm

i actually thought we lost something when allen went off! yes it was a shocking miss but at least he was busy and kept harrying the everton midfield.
surprised people can call out the likes of allen, hendo and lucas for their performances without mentioning gerrard who proved again that he`s okay playing against the also rans of the division but as soon as we come up against a good side he becomes a liability.
he was supposed to be marking merielles for their first goal and he nearly gifted them another goal by giving the ball away in a dangerous position,  if that was lucas or hendo people would be slating them to high heaven.
johnson looked very sluggish and lethargic and it seemed to take him an age to react to any situation, agger and skrtel were pretty much the same as well. they looked like sunday league players who had been on the ale the night before.
we missed 2 great chances but to be fair our keeper was much the busier and if it wasnt for him it could have been embaressing. he must have made 4 one on one saves, we could have had 7 put past us there today.
the ref was abysmal, he had a shocker himself
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:18 pm wrote:i actually thought we lost something when allen went off! yes it was a shocking miss but at least he was busy and kept harrying the everton midfield.
surprised people can call out the likes of allen, hendo and lucas for their performances without mentioning gerrard who proved again that he`s okay playing against the also rans of the division but as soon as we come up against a good side he becomes a liability.
he was supposed to be marking merielles for their first goal and he nearly gifted them another goal by giving the ball away in a dangerous position,  if that was lucas or hendo people would be slating them to high heaven.
johnson looked very sluggish and lethargic and it seemed to take him an age to react to any situation, agger and skrtel were pretty much the same as well. they looked like sunday league players who had been on the ale the night before.
we missed 2 great chances but to be fair our keeper was much the busier and if it wasnt for him it could have been embaressing. he must have made 4 one on one saves, we could have had 7 put past us there today.
the ref was abysmal, he had a shocker himself

This much is what I see...Gerrard made 2 assists today and if it was Beckham most will praise his "contribution" so why all the hate towards him? Sure he no longer has the legs or the energy that was his trademark but gosh, his deliveries were spot on!

Johnson was very poor today. His marking for their third goal were non-existence.

Worst performer was the referee...with the stud marks to show and the hundred of calls to his assistants, he still made the wrong decision. If that tackle was made by Suarez, surely he will not only be made to leave the field but will be chased out of the country as well. What a wh@nker!

And yeah...looks like many fans here only waiting for us to drop points to bring their knives out. We are 2nd in the table ffs and yet guys still wanna moan. No one is ever happy here, it seems! :help
Last edited by Santa on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:33 pm

Gerrard corner - GOAL !! Gerrard free kick - GOAL !!

Yakka I know what you are saying but to suggest he is a liability against better teams is fkg ridiculous !! He's human, he makes mistakes but he also produces moments of phenomenal ability and if you think we would have been better without him today then that's your opinion which of course you are entitled to. Forgive me but I think you are talking bollux  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:35 pm

I'm not really blaming Allen... but he WAS one of our weaker players... and one of our best, coutinho, was wasted out right... that was the two main weak points in our team which contributed little. It's about time BR started fixing Coutinho's position as an AM and build around it...

The goals we scored are not because of team work or team performance... all were from set pieces... I put this draw down on BR...

but it's funny how some of you say we won't finish top 4 when we lose and then say we can win the title when we win... the league is very tight... if we can be consistent we have every chance of finishing in top 4...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:01 pm

maguskwt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:35 pm wrote:I'm not really blaming Allen... but he WAS one of our weaker players... and one of our best, coutinho, was wasted out right... that was the two main weak points in our team which contributed little. It's about time BR started fixing Coutinho's position as an AM and build around it...

The goals we scored are not because of team work or team performance... all were from set pieces... I put this draw down on BR...

but it's funny how some of you say we won't finish top 4 when we lose and then say we can win the title when we win... the league is very tight... if we can be consistent we have every chance of finishing in top 4...

I find it funny that when we lose or draw it's down to BR and when we win it was down to the team. Funny old game........
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:09 pm

devaney » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:33 pm wrote:Gerrard corner - GOAL !! Gerrard free kick - GOAL !!

Yakka I know what you are saying but to suggest he is a liability against better teams is fkg ridiculous !! He's human, he makes mistakes but he also produces moments of phenomenal ability and if you think we would have been better without him today then that's your opinion which of course you are entitled to. Forgive me but I think you are talking bollux  :laugh:

he`s a liability mate, god knows how many times he gave it away in the first half. we have got players in that team who are in there for no other reason other than they can run and try to do some of the work he doesnt do. worse than that he tries to justify his place in the team by spraying 40 and 50 yard balls all over the place (when a 10 yard ball would do) which just gives the ball back to the opposition cheaply.
lucas isnt the answer either, it`s been near 3 years now since he got that injury away at chelsea and we have to face the fact that he`s not the same player anymore. we just generally lack athleticism and dynamism in our engine room and that was highlighted by barkleys and mccarthys energetic performances today, they just over ran us.
for most of the game suarez was isolated up front on his own.
gerrards free kicks are excellent but if we are going to build a team around that tactic why get rid of andy carroll?
the whole midfield needs a clear out, it`s obvious that they arent good enough especially when we come up against the better sides in this division, if we did qualify for the champions league the likes of bayern and barcelona would decimate us.
there were rumours that M`Vila was in our end watching the game today, dont know much about him but if he`s a CM he cant be any worse than what we`ve got.
the midfield of ours is going to cost us a top 4 place, we wont win enough points from the better sides
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:25 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:09 pm wrote:
devaney » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:33 pm wrote:Gerrard corner - GOAL !! Gerrard free kick - GOAL !!

he`s a liability mate, god knows how many times he gave it away in the first half. we have got players in that team who are in there for no other reason other than they can run and try to do some of the work he doesnt do. worse than that he tries to justify his place in the team by spraying 40 and 50 yard balls all over the place (when a 10 yard ball would do) which just gives the ball back to the opposition cheaply.
lucas isnt the answer either, it`s been near 3 years now since he got that injury away at chelsea and we have to face the fact that he`s not the same player anymore. we just generally lack athleticism and dynamism in our engine room and that was highlighted by barkleys and mccarthys energetic performances today, they just over ran us.
for most of the game suarez was isolated up front on his own.
gerrards free kicks are excellent but if we are going to build a team around that tactic why get rid of andy carroll?
the whole midfield needs a clear out, it`s obvious that they arent good enough especially when we come up against the better sides in this division, if we did qualify for the champions league the likes of bayern and barcelona would decimate us.
there were rumours that M`Vila was in our end watching the game today, dont know much about him but if he`s a CM he cant be any worse than what we`ve got.
the midfield of ours is going to cost us a top 4 place, we wont win enough points from the better sides

We'll have to agree to disagree on Gerrard. Did his mistakes result in goals for Everton?  Did his contribution result in goals for us? As for Andy Carroll he wouldn't have scored the Sturridge header in 20 attempts and that is why he playing for a cra.p team with a shi.t manager. Having said that I just thank West Ham for taking Cole Carroll and Downing off our hands. They've got to be worth a few quid for relegation........... :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:45 pm

the only reason gerrards mistakes didnt cost us the game was down to mingolet, i must admit when gerrard gave the ball away in the first half and mingolet came rushing out to lukaku`s feet i had visions of a penalty and sending off. luckily mingolet had a stormer.
everyone said these 2 games against arsenal and everton would give us more of an idea where we are as a club, well we managed to scramble a point after a last minute equaliser against a team that were better than us on the day, thats 1 point from 6, not good enough i`m afraid.
unless we do something in january that midfield of ours is going to cost us a top 4 place and as we all know if we dont get in the CL suarez will be off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games