Click Here for Video

Second Goal for Chelsea by Drogba
Click Here for Video

:: Extras ::

Drogba and Toerres shaking hands 31
Click Here for Video

A Chance by Torres 39
Click Here for Video

Danger Free Kick by Riera saved by Riera but Hilario leaves it late before going to ground 43
Click Here for Video

Nice Shot by Gerrard over the Goal 49
Click Here for Video

Danger Free Kick by Drogba left to the Goal 77
Click Here for Video

Strange Missed Shot by Torres 81
Click Here for Video

Danger Chances by Benayoun and Gerrard lost in the Last Minutes 93+
Click Here for Video

:: Highlights ::

First Half Highlights : Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool
Click Here for Video

Second Half Highlights : Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool
Click Here for Video
hijjawi

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:04 pm

NANNY RED wrote:The fella who stood out head an shoulders above everyone on the pitch for me yesterday was Essien , For me he made the difference between the 2 teams, Big lose for them when he goes off to the ANC, Forget yeh Lampard an that cheating T.wat of a player, This lad makes them tick, Lets see how they get on when hes gone ,

I remember when they bought him (Essien). It was just after they had failed by a whisker to prize Gerrard off us i think, and they paid 23 million quid for him or soemthing at the time. He was the second player they bought for big money out of the French league (Drogba was the other) and a great many people doubted the wisdom of paying such huge fees for either player.

Six years and a few trophies on though, you have to say they were both fantastic buys by their manager at the time.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:43 am

bigmick wrote:I remember when they bought him (Essien). It was just after they had failed by a whisker to prize Gerrard off us i think, and they paid 23 million quid for him or soemthing at the time.

I remember that too mate. It was the first time I had ever heard of Mascherano,  Mourinho said after Gerrard finally decided to stay, that there are two great midfield players still available, Essien and Mascherano (or words to that effect).

After they signed Essien, I kept my eye on Masch and was delighted when we eventually signed him.
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:51 am

s@int wrote: Mourinho said ....

Oh it was him who signed Essien was it S@int, I couldn't remember the details  :D. Still, if you've got loads of money anybody can sign great players and set Premiership points records in their first season can't they ???.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:58 am

Drogba is a fantastic Centre Forward, strength, ability and goal scoring he has it all. But unfortunatley he also must be the most unfair and cheating player out there it is unbelieveable. His attitude and lack of sportsmanship just stinks. I wouldn't want us to buy him even if we can afford him and he's available. Did you see even his captain Terry had to have a word with him because he was going down and rolling on the ground with EVERY slightest touch...

He has become a joke really which is a shame because if he just concentrated on his football and not about cheating his reputation will be as big as Torres.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:24 am

hijjawi wrote:First Goal for Chelsea by Anelka 60
Click Here for Video

Interesting to watch the first goal again.  Someone earlier (can't remember who) was complaining that Johnson didn't do enough to cut out the Drogba cross.  Interesting, then, to see that it wasn't Johnson at all (he'd gone infield to pick up Ballack) but Skrtel who was tracking Drogba.  Also interesting was the certain degree of nonchalance from Insua to let Anelka slip past him in the box.  :glare:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:59 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Click Here for Video

Interesting to watch the first goal again.  Someone earlier (can't remember who) was complaining that Johnson didn't do enough to cut out the Drogba cross.  Interesting, then, to see that it wasn't Johnson at all (he'd gone infield to pick up Ballack) but Skrtel who was tracking Drogba.  Also interesting was the certain degree of nonchalance from Insua to let Anelka slip past him in the box.  :glare:

to me Carragher was more at fault than Insua. Carragher was in front of Anelka, Insua was at the back. Insua probably thought that Carragher had it covered and decided to stay in his position. Carragher seemed hesitant to clear that ball that came in front of him. I believe it was due to lack of confidence...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:35 am

maguskwt wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Click Here for Video

to me Carragher was more at fault than Insua. Carragher was in front of Anelka, Insua was at the back. Insua probably thought that Carragher had it covered and decided to stay in his position. Carragher seemed hesitant to clear that ball that came in front of him. I believe it was due to lack of confidence...

yup, it's carra's fault. Should let him rest for 2-3 games, been playing in almost all the games in last season's fixtures....he needed some rest to regain his form.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:53 pm

bigmick wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:The fella who stood out head an shoulders above everyone on the pitch for me yesterday was Essien , For me he made the difference between the 2 teams, Big lose for them when he goes off to the ANC, Forget yeh Lampard an that cheating T.wat of a player, This lad makes them tick, Lets see how they get on when hes gone ,

I remember when they bought him (Essien). It was just after they had failed by a whisker to prize Gerrard off us i think, and they paid 23 million quid for him or soemthing at the time. He was the second player they bought for big money out of the French league (Drogba was the other) and a great many people doubted the wisdom of paying such huge fees for either player.

Six years and a few trophies on though, you have to say they were both fantastic buys by their manager at the time.

Didn't Rafa indicate that he would have gone for Essien had Gerrard left for Chelsea that summer?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Although I rate Essien as a player, I don't think his attitude is much better than Drobgas. He stamped on someone (I caant remember who) on Sunday and didn't he get sent off against us once when he repeatedly fouled Didi Hamman?

Now there was a great player...
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Madmax » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Feel tempted to start the sunderland match thread but don't want to jinx it :D .. Who will take the honours then and provide us with a good win. Judge? Your record seems okay since bermenstein is not here.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Madmax wrote:Feel tempted to start the sunderland match thread but don't want to jinx it :D .. Who will take the honours then and provide us with a good win. Judge? Your record seems okay since bermenstein is not here.

Get Berm back!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:03 am

Madmax wrote:Feel tempted to start the sunderland match thread but don't want to jinx it :D .. Who will take the honours then and provide us with a good win. Judge? Your record seems okay since bermenstein is not here.

not lost on any match thread started by moi
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games