Middlesboro next up - The defining moment in season 2002-03

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:46 am

The next game up is Middlesborough away and to me this game last year was the one that turned the fans against GH.We had the league championship in our hands,yes there was a long way to go,but you could smell it.So what does Houllier do,he sends out a team with one forward and hopes to catch Boro on a counter-attack.We lose and the next 2 months we don't win a game.
     If you look at the fixtures coming up,this Boro game could also be the start of a dramatic collapse,with only Wolves at home a nailed on certainty,or is it.
     If things go disasterously wrong then GH won't be entering the January sales because the club won't allow him to spend the money ear-marked for the new manager come the summer.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Cleman » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:46 am

for current liverpool team...coming up every game is crucial...even the opponents like Middlesborough, Birmigham, Steaua Bururesti, or even Div 1 teams...etc

those days before...only matches against Man Utd, or Arsenal, are considered important & crucial.........

Because now Liverpool is no more top club in EPL and Europe which gain the respect from others......!
Cleman

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:32 pm

We shouldn't disrespect Birmingham or Middlesboro after last season's results. Against teams from the North-East last season, we managed just three points, all of them home draws (vs Sunderland, Newcastle and Middlesboro) If you consider some of the really quite awful results of last season, it is quite astounding Houllier is still in charge at Anfield
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:02 am

If GH plays the same tactical lime-up against Boro as he did against MU i.e. 4-5-1 with that "1" being the ever ineffective Heskey, then we'd be watching another laborious game. Boro have a very good palyer in Mendieta who will run rings around the cumbersome lamp-post-of-a-defence amd will create chances for his team mates. I wonder why Liverpool did not try to secure his services on loan as Boro did?
Perhaps he is not "a Liverpool" player as Houllier so oftern describes good players who he did not buy.
i do hope we can bounce back but Houllier has been too negative, the team is too reliant on Owen to score and always too cautious and very frightened to take chances in case mistakes are made and seem too rigid to learn and adapt. Creative tasks are left to Kewell and Gerrard with planks like Smicer and Heskey given undeserved starting roles regardless of their form.
Enough [email]cr@p...eradicate[/email] the rot and get rid of the French dead wood!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:36 pm

We shouldn't disrespect Middlesboro or Birmingham after last season's results.Last season against teams from the North-East , we just managed 3 points, draws at home  all of them  (vs  Middlesboro, Newcastle Utd and Sunderland ) consider some of the quite really awful results of last season If you will , it is quite remarkable Houllier is in charge still at Anfield
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by supersub on Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby THEBARON » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:28 pm

So long as Houllier remains in charge then each upcoming fixture will be built up and hyped to a ridiculous extent. Forget the name of our next opponents , given our record in the last 12 months any team will provide formidable opposition , whether it be Arsenal or a pub team.
We should scrape through in the 2 cup competitions but it is our league form that is our worry. How many certain wins can you see in our next few fixtures ? How many more unlucky games , quagmires , off  shot targets ( the highest in the premiership ! ), goalkeeping gaffes and anonymous performances ( from certain players ) do we have to put up with ?
THEBARON

Postby oldredeyes » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:49 pm

Even GH (or to give him his proper name.. Houdini) can't escape from this one. If he loses another two games I think he should do the decent thing - something he has certainly agreed to do with the board - and resign. The first of those two games could be against Middlesborough. I hope we win of course, but I am worried about the frail set up at anfield these days. The talk lately has been about players contracts, new stadiums, and more transfers etc.
It's about time we just started to win some bloody games.
No more spin lets have a win!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:45 pm

Middlesbrough are a good team they just need some good strikers, it will be an interesting match

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:46 am

If we want to be a top three side then we need to be beating mid-table teams more often and losing a lot less often. Not an easy game but you don't expect games to be easy and you have to win in excess of 20 games  a season to win the Premiership
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:44 pm

who gives a f##k?
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Owzat » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:56 pm

this is more appropriate
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - Games