CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL - Defining moment of this season

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The_Rock » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:15 am

Since "everybody who is anybody" is creating the match thread..........what the heck, i shall create one too.  :wwww

The is undoubtably our toughest test so far. Hopefully this game will answer the league challenging credentials of this team. No ifs .....no Butts.... :p. Benitez to play his strongest team and the players picked have to justify their place by giving 100%....

Reina
       Johnson   Carra   Skertel   Insua
                        Mascherano
                            Gerrard
            Kuyt                           Riera
                           Benayoun
                             Torres

I predict a goaless draw........   :laugh:
Last edited by The_Rock on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:37 am

The_Rock wrote:Since "everybody who is anybody" is creating the match thread..........what the heck, i shall create one too.  :wwww

:D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:56 am

Id play the Greek grock on sunday, he cant be any worst than our two current Centre halfs, dreading Dogbreath against Carra, but Terry and Carvalho will be having nightmares about Torres.

There midfield is the strongest in the prem, going to have to play out of our skins to get a result here.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:42 am

I reckon rafa needs to watch the Wigan vs Chavs game another 20 times and then work out how to beat them convincinly.

I hate chelsea, I hate that manager they have - Ancelotti or whatever his name is.

We must really step up a gear on Sunday, although we dont seem to be doing too bad in the league recently

4 - 0 to liverpool :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:49 am

One thing that will help us is that Chelsea play very narrow. Ashley Cole is also a major doubt and if he doesn't play that should help Glen Johnson as Bridge is nowhere near as good going forward.

The main concern is still the heart of the defence though. Nearly everytime we've been beaten by them Drogba has been the difference and unless we buck our ideas up defensively he will be again.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:57 am

stmichael wrote:One thing that will help us is that Chelsea play very narrow. Ashley Cole is also a major doubt and if he doesn't play that should help Glen Johnson as Bridge is nowhere near as good going forward.

Doesnt Wayne Bridge play for City now?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:58 am

I just remember peter chek ain't playing.......... hmmm.... maybe we can sneak a win........ 0-1 to us. Kuyt with a winner of his shin, elbow or shoulders.  :buttrock
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:59 am

Ciggy wrote:
stmichael wrote:One thing that will help us is that Chelsea play very narrow. Ashley Cole is also a major doubt and if he doesn't play that should help Glen Johnson as Bridge is nowhere near as good going forward.

good point cig. :D

who is their second choice left back? zhirkov?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:49 am

4 - 0 to liverpool :D

thats us fecked then  :D

I don't know if I'm dreading this or looking forward to it. Rafa will have given the lads a swift kick up the @rse (I read his after match comments) so they should go out and kick the sh!t out of the Russian b@stards. That said tho if our defence keeps up its current form we're gonna get completely trashed

I really can't predict a scoreline....

what the hell 2:1 redmen  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:04 pm

aurelio in for insua for me...

tough game .. Drogba will be all over our CB's..
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:55 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:tough game .. Drogba will be all over our CB's..

This is what I'm really really concerned about :sniffle. We need Masch back and doing his damn best to protect the back four that's for sure. Johnson and Insua (if he starts) will also see their defensive abilities being tested more than they've tried so far this season (not necessarily because of their direct opponents but more due to the fact that they'll have a lot more defensive responsibilities in general compared to our other games up til now). Will definitely be a tough game, but hopefully them missing Cech and fearing Torres will have their defence a bit on the edges as well.
JamCar05

Postby eonerf » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Call me crazy but how about Agger? He did make a comeback in the reserves match yesterday and while it might be too soon to bring him back I have to say I'm rapidly losing faith in Skrtel.
eonerf

Postby Owzat » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Need a man-marker for Dogbar, especially the way we (don't) mark from corners. Shame we threw our best side into a wasted effort in Florence, might as well have rested half of them and maybe the second strings that came in could have pulled something off.

There is an opening for us to get back into the title race, win at SB and both sides would be on the same wins/losses. Lose and we face a gap opening up, the mancs have a home game and probably as many home games in their next eight fixtures as we have away games in our next eight. The title may not be lost in October, but we can ill afford to give title rivals a head start of more than five points. I bet Rafa will put out our best side against Lyon, the result last night makes that almost inevitable as a 'must win' even though we don't have to progress in the CL, it isn't compulsory. I'd rather have used Torres and Gerrard sparingly, leave them out/on the bench for Fiorentina, Sunderland and maybe even Lyon at home, then fit and raring to go for Chelsea and the mancs. I guess as a 'big four' side we won't shake off the obsession with getting through the CL, so let's look forward to another Premiership title-less season and a QF or semi in the CL :O
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:31 pm

If Ashley Cole is out, would anyone consider moving Gerrard out to the right? Imagine him and Johnson causing havoc down that side.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:05 pm

stmichael wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

good point cig. :D

who is their second choice left back? zhirkov?

Zhirkov is a quality player, top class. I hope he doesn't play.

Anyway cant wait for this one. Gonna meet Nanny and maybe Scott for a few beers before the game!!!! I got a good feeling about this one.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games