Bournemouth vs Liverpool  Sun 4th Dec  13:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:03 pm

That yellow card hampered Hendo as well which didn't help our midfield, you could see he was scared of going anywhere near any of their players.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:31 pm

Agree Yakka. Makes the lack of subs in midfield even more bizarre. Infact, it's shocking naievity at this level by Klopp. I mean if he couldn't see it, surely Zeljko 'the brain' Buvac should have said something
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:15 am

Klavan
Moreno
Lallana
Mignolet
Ejaria
Woodburn
Alexander-Arnold

Subs bench, Lallana came on for Mane 67 min.

Other than that only mid changes we could have opted was for to shift Lucas in mid and bring on Klavan or Ejaria for Wijnaldum.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:49 am

Almost all title challenge credibility lost in that game...
killerp

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:04 am

Goodness gracious.

Leadership, we have no leadership. Thommo, Kenny, Souness, Hansen all would have marshalled  the troops and cut that BS out.

The midfield isn't right, they sliced through us time and time again.

3 BEAUTIFUL goals yet we lost the game...... hello?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:38 am

Went to bed at 3-1 watching the internet feeds. Was really looking to see the game on the Telly this morning.
Nearly fell of my chair at the result.

All losses are hard to take but that result is a real ball breaking confidence buster
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:00 am

killerp » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:49 pm wrote:Almost all title challenge credibility lost in that game...

At the latter stages of Brendan's reign and even once or twice last year (Southampton away, Newcastle at home etc) teams point blank refused to throw the towel in against us because they knew that even at 3 down if they could just get one back then there was a good chance that panic would spread right through our defence like wildfire. No matter what the score line was teams always felt they were in with a shout because our defence/keeper was so flaky.
We've worked damn hard over the last 12 months to shake off that reputation, so hard in fact we'd even got to the point where teams were really starting to fear and respect us but all that hard work has pretty much been undone in 15 shambolic minutes this afternoon.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:04 am

Watched the game again and for the life of me I don't understand why JK didn't change things around when Bournemouth were building up a head of steam and we were quite clearly tiring in the engine room.

Was literally like being the captain of a ship and just sitting there watching it sink and not making any attempt do save it.

JK has been a breath of fresh air since he arrived but really think he needed to react and do something to change what was unfolding in front of him
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:07 am

like I said when we conceded the 4th, I'd rather we lost this game and let everyone, from players to the manager, to the coaches, to the owners, face the reality that we are still not good enough to be a title challenger, that the squad is still quite thin, that our midfield is awful, that our defense still needs some help, that more leaders are needed in the team, that Klopp should do more with substitutes, rather than get a point from a stupid draw and chalk this down as an occassional blip.

like i've always said, klopp is probably the best in the game at elevating average players to play at a very high level, but you can only squeeze so much out of a rock, when he needs a proper plump fruit to squeeze the juice out and challenge for the title.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:01 am

Good post Mags, spot on.

We won't win the league with this midfield and we have to bring in more quality players to facilitate proper rotation. Yesterday our hands were tied because we had 2 youth players on the bench for some reason. WTF?

Folks were upset about the Burnley game because we were out played, here though, we gave them the game!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:06 am

Once upon a time... back in't day...  if you only chalked up 4 defeats in a season chances are you were league champions. These days 2 defeats can mean your in 4th place...  crazy stuff.

We'll be there or there about lads at the end I'm sure.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:47 am

Let us face it, LFC had been in a constant decline for more than the past 15 years, a steady DECLINE apart from a periodic progress which but soon evaporate quickly due to bad selfish managers whom their main interest is not the club or the players but for themselves!
The Nutcase Klopp is no different, he has a grouch with certain players in squad, Furthermore, he is at fault greatly with his team covering position and system, he has failed once again as the idiot BR to resolve the main ill problem of having a top class keeper, and strong defense, however in case of the nutcase Klopp didn't address it properly the whole summer, which the team ended up with three major problems, No top keeper, left back, and decent central back cover!!  I am a bit surprised because his old playing time he was a defender to a modest team, but not top German team.

In order to challenge for a title, teams need to have a top keeper, strong defense, strong midfield, and top finisher  (Well present Liverpool's team lacks all of those!).

I would very much expect a steady furthermore decline for this season, and I will NOT build my hope on Nutcase Klopp, mind you I didn't when when I have seen his summer buying and his per-season games, I have had known it is just a hype and it will soon ends at December, it is part of Nutcase Klopp's package!!  He is very much wanted in Germany by top club, and I sincerely he could go!
We still have too many expensive average players whom cannot produce top performance every week!

We have had French Revolution, Rafa's Hypes, BR's madness average players, and now the Nutcase Klopp hypes! and all of those keep taking the LFC backward!

BAD TIMES ARE AHEAD
algymoon

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:09 am

What a shower of whinging fkg pussies  :help

Disappointing yes !!

Sh.t happens !!

We move on.

YNWA (but not with some of these moaning *****)
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:14 am

[/quote]
We've worked damn hard over the last 12 months to shake off that reputation, so hard in fact we'd even got to the point where teams were really starting to fear and respect us but all that hard work has pretty much been undone in 15 shambolic minutes this afternoon.[/quote]

:nod
killerp

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:14 pm

Feck me Algy, you've taken it hard son.   

http://www.samaritans.org/   0898Iloveklopp

I hope for your sake its not Devaney's shift....   :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games