Bournemouth vs Liverpool  Sun 4th Dec  13:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:40 pm

I'll pick up were I left off last week.   karius is a f*cking bell end.  He's never been a keeper and should be shipped the f*ck out of this club. He's not solely to blame for today mind but let's start with him because I have a gran who has more goal keeping instinct than this fraudster.  Klopp needs to ship him to the bench and reinstate mignolet before this happens again next week.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:44 pm

I had a bad feeling about this one before that match.
We really do need to strengthen in Jan defensively.
I did not expect that 3-1 leading with 15 mins to go. where is the lads passion. We really do collapse under pressure.
Im surprised Lucas got the mod over Klavan. Heck i would have preferred if Sakho was playing.
We crumbled completely.
Isn't it the job of the captain to give a lads a kick up the backside and organise them when pressure kicks in.

Overall a torrid day.
We move on and must bounce back.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:45 pm

leeroy74 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:40 pm wrote:I'll pick up were I left off last week.   karius is a f*cking bell end.  He's never been a keeper and should be shipped the f*ck out of this club. He's not solely to blame for today mind but let's start with him because I have a gran who has more goal keeping instinct than this fraudster.  Klopp needs to ship him to the bench and reinstate mignolet before this happens again next week.

I don't like Joe hart however i wouldn't mind him here from Jan til end of season. Atleast we will have a solid GK until we sort the others out.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:56 pm

leeroy74 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:40 pm wrote:I'll pick up were I left off last week.   karius is a f*cking bell end.  He's never been a keeper and should be shipped the f*ck out of this club. He's not solely to blame for today mind but let's start with him because I have a gran who has more goal keeping instinct than this fraudster.  Klopp needs to ship him to the bench and reinstate mignolet before this happens again next week.

Totally agree..he hasnt a f*cking clue . Is it so hard to spend money on a top class goalkeeper?  Surely that would help give the defence some confidence...we must have the worst goalkeepers in the entire league
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:57 pm

What makes defeats harder to take for fans more than players or managers is we have to sit through the same chain of events, hopes raised with good football and dashed by a bottle job, rinse then repeat.

Klopp bless him has summed it up post match but we can go right back, different figures, different accents and philosophies, historically let down and its hard to swallow.

We have to hope these boys can bounce back but if theres an option to upgrade a few positions in January lets stay in the race and go for it, no moneyball just spend to win football, its long over due.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:09 pm

We've only lost 2 games this season and Matip didn't play in either of them, If our defence relies so heavily on one man then it obviously isn't strong enough. Hopefully we'll see a Matip/Van Dijk CB partnership in the New Year but with City hovering about that one is looking pretty doubtful.
3 goals away from home should be enough to secure at least a point, we can't keep capitulating like this.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:10 pm

Karius shouldn't have let in their second goal and I suspect Mingolet would've saved that one.

In reality though, neither of them are good enough and we desperately need to spend proper money to land a proper goalkeeper.

This is just awfully disheartening. It's like proving true what all other fans keep harking back: our defense is awful, our mentality is weak, and we will bottle it. :(
kartiek

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:11 pm

Isn't Van Dijk a right sided centre back though?
Doeboy

Postby only me » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Karius and Hendo...this is where we lost the games...3 goals in an away match should be enough...Hendo completely lost the MF battles to the young fck which they brought and show no leadership regrouping the lads...karius should have step up instead he tanked and frankly offers no advantage over Simon...Mignolet wouldn't have conceeded 2 of the goals...Last but not least the team seemed a bit too relaxed at times...no sense of urgency and no sense for danger.

Pity...not the end of the world but still pretty glorious collapse.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:21 pm

In the right areas we need to put the money on the table, we know cash doesnt guarantee success but we arent getting over the line being careful either. If theres a better player in a key position go for it, pay it, and lets have a proper go than constantly fiddling about papering over cracks every window.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:39 pm

Doeboy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:11 pm wrote:Isn't Van Dijk a right sided centre back though?

Good players can adapt, Matip has played as a fullback and centre mid in the past so I'm sure two talented players like Virgil and Joel could work something out. Besides history is full of 2 right footed CB's playing together etc.
What's for certain mate is that those capitulation's that we saw at the end of Rodgers reign (like conceding 5 away at Stoke in the first half) are still lurking beneath the surface, we had one last year against Southampton when we threw away a 2 goal HT lead there and if we have any genuine pretences of being a top side we have to build a solid defence.
The lack of a solid defence has cost us at least 2 titles over the last 25 years and I want this capitulation to be the last, you don't see Chelsea imploding like that, letting 2 in is a disaster for them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:43 pm

We need 2-3 quality signings because when we mis 1-2 of our main players we are not the same.

Dahoud, Van dijk
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:46 pm

I mean another example is if Milner was to  get injured. Would that mean we would have to rely on Super Moreno.
We need more quality.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:02 pm

Scores went same as v dormund except we were on the receiving end. Now we know how they felt that night.

2-0, 2-1, 3-1 with 15-20 to go, 3-4 with injury time winner.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:24 pm

In one way its good we lost. Atleast we have been hit back on the ground and Klopp has seen how weak our squad depth is in certain areas.
Lets figure out the right players and snap them quick in Jan.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games