Bournemouth vs Liverpool  Sun 4th Dec  13:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:05 pm

devaney » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:09 am wrote:What a shower of whinging fkg pussies  :help

Disappointing yes !!

Sh.t happens !!

We move on.

YNWA (but not with some of these moaning *****)

This isn't a one off freak occurance Dev, the core of this team have been collapsing for years, it was only 18 months ago that we were 5 down at Stoke at HT. Even under Jurgen we were 2 nil up and cruising against Southampton last year but inexplicably fell to pieces in the second half when the points looked in the bag. That's without mentioning the Palace's and Newcastle's etc either.
I agree with Maguskwt, hopefully this game ends up a watershed where Jurgen decides no more, if it spurs the club to go out and get Van Dijk and Dahoud then maybe, just maybe sitting through that horror show yesterday might just turn out to be worthwhile.
Yes I know it wasn't our first XI and yes I know we were missing key players but we can't rely on Lady Luck all the time, injuries happen.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:19 pm

Still can't believe yesterday. I mean its typical of us to goto Arsenal and Chelsea and pick up 6 points and then rock up to Burnley and Bournemouth and pick up 0. Mind boggling
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:31 pm

:D Algy post
Last edited by redshade on Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:53 pm

It is only our second loss of the season so I don't mind that but it is a major worry that we capitulated in the manner we did. At 2 nil the game should have been over but they got back into it with a pen,Milner's positioning was poor and it was always going to be a pen if he makes a challenge but it was that fool Lovren who forced it. We then reacted in the right way by going up the field and restoring our 2 goal advantage. After that we went downhill quicker than a luge. It was fooking torture watching it happen. The midfield went to sleep and the defending was comical. Karius was utter tripe and fell apart when we needed him to hold it together.

After Burnley we put on a good run so hopefully we are capable of similar this time.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:23 pm

Thing is against Burnley we were just plain rubbish and deserved nothing. Yesterday, we went out there and done what we have been doing recently and were completely in control and cruising to a well deserved victory. At 3-1 and 75 odd minutes gone, no one could say we had missed the injured players and I was thinking nice professional job done.

As soon as we went 3-1 up, Klopp should have reacted and beefed up the midfield and taken tired legs off. I know we didn't have the strongest of benches but even a kid like Alexander-Arnold coming on would give us energy, vigor and generally ran around closing down etc to see out the last 15 mins. Even at 3-2 he had an opportunity to change things around and seeing Bournemouth were building momentum but he did nothing. Seriously perplexing.

What we did instead was pretty much send an invitation to Bournemouth telling them we won't be around in the last 15 mins so feel free to pop round and burgle us.
Doeboy

Postby Mikz » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:42 pm

Sickens me to see Llallana and a few others walking off the pitch smiling even laughing with a bournemouth player after that fiasco.. and i wish our manager wouldnt congratulate the opposition after beating us... :no hes good at telling fans what way to react so im calling him on that one...  :eyebrow
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:53 pm

Mikz » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:42 pm wrote:Sickens me to see Llallana and a few others walking off the pitch smiling even laughing with a bournemouth player after that fiasco.. and i wish our manager wouldnt congratulate the opposition after beating us... :no hes good at telling fans what way to react so im calling him on that one...  :eyebrow

I know it's frustrating and maybe we need to be much more colder but I do think Klopp is a class act when it comes to taking defeat on the chin. Compared to the constant moaning of Mourinho, Wenger and Fergie when he was around after a defeat, Klopp is a class act in the way he handles defeats and sure his probably fuming inside but he doesn't bitch, moan etc and always seems to be gracious in defeat and looks to move on and put things right
Doeboy

Postby Mikz » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:57 pm

But surely that connects with our team, its okay to lose congratulations etc etc...id much rather have a sulking Fergie or maureen..hate losing and win at any cost
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Mikz » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:57 pm wrote:But surely that connects with our team, its okay to lose congratulations etc etc...id much rather have a sulking Fergie or maureen..hate losing and win at any cost

I think behind closed doors, Klopp will be reading the riot act to the players and leave them in no doubt that yesterday was unacceptable. Whenever Klopp loses he looks mightily ***** off to me, but just don't think he is one to constantly blame others/make excuses and not be gracious in defeat etc and make it look like sour grapes. You can be a top manager and have success without having to constantly resorting to sour grapes like Maureen.
Doeboy

Postby Mikz » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 pm

I dont know...if my manager came in and read the riot act after laughing and smiling with the oppositon, giving them credit, id call him a fake
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:42 am

Compared to the constant moaning of Mourinho, Wenger and Fergie

All of which have won the league multiple times and dominated English football since the last time Liverpool won it?  I'll take that approach then please.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:44 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:00 am wrote:
killerp » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:49 pm wrote:Almost all title challenge credibility lost in that game...

We've worked damn hard over the last 12 months to shake off that reputation, so hard in fact we'd even got to the point where teams were really starting to fear and respect us but all that hard work has pretty much been undone in 15 shambolic minutes this afternoon.

Problem we could now face is that teams who are trailing us will not feel deflated. Rather they will see how we lose energy towards the end and know that 1 goal in and were back. They know how we can collapse
It all depends how we react.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:32 am

leeroy74 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:42 am wrote:Compared to the constant moaning of Mourinho, Wenger and Fergie

All of which have won the league multiple times and dominated English football since the last time Liverpool won it?  I'll take that approach then please.

Yes the same Mourinho who has had access ridiculous amounts of money for transfers pretty much everywhere he has gone. If I had spent the money he has and am losing games, I'd look to deflect to.

Wenger wasnt the type to moan when he won titles. Only recently when they have won didly squat and the fans have got on his back.

Guardiola, probably the most successful manager in the last few years, was out on the pitch shaking oppo players hand on the weekend after a loss and is always gracious after a defeat.
Doeboy

Postby Mikz » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:52 pm

You get nothing in this world for being Mr NICE GUY doeboy ... Klopp needs to grow some stubble and develop tourettes in his interviews
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:38 pm

I still can't believe we let a 3-1 lead go in the last 15 minutes against a side like Bournemouth.
That game has knocked the stuffing out of everyone I know, not so much the fact we got beat but the manner of it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games