You have 30 million... - ... how do you make us champions?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:21 am

Beckford gets my vote. Good one for the future.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:33 am

Rafa  could get cute and buy players that are cheap and under everyone's radar, but still possess the quality that is required to keep the stregnth within the squad to mount a challenge and possibly even win the league. Reason being is that come next summer, he'll have a substantial kitty plus the lure of being champions to attract the bigger players that will cost and have no real issue in buying them to progress the squad even further still and safeguard it for the future challenges on all competitions, rather than just one or two. Wishful thinking on my behalf.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:39 am

crazyhorse wrote:Beckford gets my vote. Good one for the future.

he's got a very good strike rate too. apparently he was transfer listed recently.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:36 am

we have no hope of ever signing Fabregas - just pipe dreams
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:38 am

As are most of the players mentioned in this thread. It's going to be Aquilani and Distin probably.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:40 am

well the one we may have a chance to get is silva but yes the rest are dreams and beckford ?!? another guy who thinks he is better than what he is - his attitude at leeds has been shocking .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:02 pm

We should have signed Sturridge. Is he really going to get many chances at Chelsea?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:38 pm

bavlondon wrote:Hell no. Nice idea though. The echo is saying Aquilani will undergo a stringent medical to prove his fitness. Looks like we are signing the Italian Harry Kewell.

:Oo:

On Aquilani, lets look at the FACTS here, he's played around a dozen games PER SEASON for the last 3 years. Unless the stringent medical can foresee the future I'd rather we refrain from making a kneejerk signing on the back of losing Alonso and start with Masca and Gerrard in the middle and go for someone whose injury record is tbh just not worth the risk.

Also he's coming to the premiership which is accepted as being the most physical in Europe. Xabi got 6 players sent off last season for bad tackles on him, Aquilani hasn't a prayer !!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Dalglish wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Hell no. Nice idea though. The echo is saying Aquilani will undergo a stringent medical to prove his fitness. Looks like we are signing the Italian Harry Kewell.

On Aquilani, lets look at the FACTS here, he's played around a dozen games PER SEASON for the last 3 years. Unless the stringent medical can foresee the future I'd rather we refrain from making a kneejerk signing on the back of losing Alonso and start with Masca and Gerrard in the middle and go for someone whose injury record is tbh just not worth the risk.

Also he's coming to the premiership which is accepted as being the most physical in Europe. Xabi got 6 players sent off last season for bad tackles on him, Aquilani hasn't a prayer !!

Ok here is a wild hunch.

Maybe all this talk of Aquilani is just a smokescreen for Rafas real target?  ???

Anyway based on the points you make I would hope Rafa has done the same so is maybe holding a trump card up his sleeve. If anyone should know first hand what a pain it is to have a key squad member out injued all the time it is Rafa with Harry Kewell.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:18 pm

bavlondon wrote:Maybe all this talk of Aquilani is just a smokescreen for Rafas real target?  ???

Don't think so. Reports in Italy are even saying it's basically a done deal subject to a medical.

When he does sign, Rafa's problem with him will be getting the best out of him. From what I've read, he's very talented but not as talented as he himself thinks he is.

The issue in not whether Aquilani gives the team as much as Alonso, but whether Aquilani plus the player/s bought with the surplus cash will make the team better.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kopite_1232002 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:30 pm

You have got to think that Rafa has something going on

He must of know that Alonso was on the off b4 the season ended

Your telling me he hasn't planned for it no chance,.

As for this italian kid Rafa ain't stupid, the mans philosophy is facts and stats and I'm sure he has them all on this lad..

Could be a smokescreen but there seems to be a little too much smoke without the fire.. 

What i don't understand is what money is there on the table

We normally have in the region of 20 million per summer to bring in new faces.

We have signed Glen in a deal that has cost us around 8 million.

That leaves 12

Plus arby 3
Alonso 30

leaves around 45 million..

And I'm sure before we even sold Alonso we put 25 million on the table for teves. so were is that money..

I just don't understand it, Rafa has always said that are biggest problem is we leave all are signings till the last minute, and here we are a week and half away from the big kick off.

Also i don't think Rafa would of signed his new contract knowing that there wasn't funds available this summer. without selling xabi..

Maybe all the deals are lined up who knows
kopite_1232002

Postby red37 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:30 pm

I think its nailed on bav  :(

And Ian - you are spot on as usual. The lads going to have a steep initiation in the prem for sure. Then again so would a Silva etc.....although he would be my pick anyday.

Hope Rafa has good fortunes on this one.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:42 pm

REINA

SKRTEL  CARRA   AGGER

JOHNSON                         INSUA
                   MASCH

KUYT    GERRARD   SILVA

TORRES

This'd do me.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Rafa is one of the best tactical thinkers in the game, both on and off the pitch. Whatever he has planned im sure he is only looking at the bigger picture and what will best benefit Liverpool Football Club. I just wish we would hurry up and get it over with. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:00 pm

£500k a match on referee assistance, money well spent.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion