What would we do with 100 million?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat May 07, 2005 8:30 pm

From Sky Sports

REDS KOP BIG EURO PAY DAY

Liverpool fans are getting excited about their team competing in the Champions League final - but so are the club's money men.

As fans start thinking about heading for Istanbul after the 1-0 victory over Chelsea, the club has already netted millions of pounds from the team's progress so far.

The final match - Liverpool's first appearance in the European title's last game for 20 years - could bring even bigger rewards.

The group stage in the Champions League guarantees at least £10m plus a variety of bonuses for wins, draws and big television audiences.

Teams playing at home keep all their gate receipts - so some can raise up to £2m from each game plus increased advertising and sponsorship income.

Any team reaching the knockout stage can expect to make at least £14m each and that rises to £17m for the quarter finals and £21m in the semi-finals.

By winning the trophy itself, the champions can expect to make up to £25m plus up to £10m in TV revenue.

Add to that the extra revenue from bonuses in the clubs' contracts with their major sponsors and it comes to a total of around £110m.

:bowdown
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat May 07, 2005 8:37 pm

WOW £110m....Im beginning to Drool, with all tat can u just imagine the type of players that Beni would buy?? OMG.
Have to say tho, if that is accurate it is doubtful we would get it all as transfer kitty(but then again, this money would be in addition to kitty already set aside for next season, so we shud have a healthy amount as it is......All we need to increase our draw for players is participation in CL next season...but saying hat Nando came without prospect of CL.....HEY WE ARE LIVERPOOL>>>THIS IS ANFIELD.
Man A.B. u got my palms all sweaty now.....hehe!!!!
76-1115222408

Postby A.B. » Sat May 07, 2005 8:42 pm

Well of course we wouldn't spend it all in the transfer market[we've made probably half of the 100 million with all the tv revenue].

Let's see:
-40 million for transfer market
-30 million for club after a 20 million loss
-40 million towards the new stadium
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat May 07, 2005 8:44 pm

Ive just payed 350 euros for a ticket, and i havent even arranged my travel yet, i am so on 2 minds to go, liverpool if they win will be showing the cup off the next day, rafa has already cut short there holidays, jamie c, and michael owen are gettin married in june,.
i think the minute they step foot off the plane round Allerton and town the tour is over and the players will be on there way.
they arnt gona stick around till sunday no way, the spaniards are gona be heading back to spain, Didi back to germany, the french cisse, pongolle and le tallec are gona go back to france.
Who the f@ck decided istanbul :shifty  :sniffle
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat May 07, 2005 8:47 pm

A.B. wrote:Well of course we wouldn't spend it all in the transfer market[we've made probably half of the 100 million with all the tv revenue].

Let's see:
-40 million for transfer market
-30 million for club after a 20 million loss
-40 million towards the new stadium

We have to pay off 21 million debt also, so that can come out of our earnings, but we still need investment, but i dont want us to leave anfield.
We have a ****** big problem cause anfields on the top of an hill, so we cant even extend it :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Sat May 07, 2005 9:21 pm

50 mil buyyin players.
21 mill in debt
The rest to the stadium or just keep it for the season after.:) :D :) :D
joependo

Postby kopite » Sat May 07, 2005 10:43 pm

Plus a few bob after we sell some players .
kopite

Postby Paul C » Sat May 07, 2005 10:51 pm

Damn Lynds, you've got a ticket and your thinkin of not going? ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat May 07, 2005 10:59 pm

What would we do with 100 million?
Buy over Goodison Park and convert it into a carpark/amusement park. Let the bluesh*te be homeless for the next few season. We win the league and CL next season and we double that money while the bs got relegated.

See how I got it all sorted out  :eyebrow   :eyebrow
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun May 08, 2005 12:11 am

Santa, what great imagination you have. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dom1 » Sun May 08, 2005 12:17 am

imagination = great way to waste lots of money on nowt :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby A.B. » Sun May 08, 2005 12:20 am

OH F#CK it's a miracle! Dom actually posted in a football related thread,  what has the world come to. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lfclfclfc » Sun May 08, 2005 12:39 am

Santa wrote:What would we do with 100 million?
Buy over Goodison Park and convert it into a carpark/amusement park. Let the bluesh*te be homeless for the next few season. We win the league and CL next season and we double that money while the bs got relegated.

See how I got it all sorted out  :eyebrow   :eyebrow

:D  :D  :D

duncan the carpark attendent... form a quartet with bent, cahill and beattie and they could play poker all night long.
lfclfclfc

Postby lfclfclfc » Sun May 08, 2005 12:45 am

should get some from sponsorship deal? anyone heard anything on this front? with mancs, goons and 'ski getting major deals, we shd get some decent deals? ???
lfclfclfc

Postby A.B. » Sun May 08, 2005 12:52 am

What I've heard lately is that we may not be able to sell replicas of our shirts because we haven't gotten a deal with a sponsor as Carlsberg deal has run out but then I've heard that we might extend our contract with Carslberg for three more years.

Also I've heard that our contract with Reebok expires in the summer.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion