Why we love chelsea fans - Their headline predictions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby babu » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:46 am

I had a look on a chelski forum, and this was some of the predictions of headlines in today's paper. really gotta respect them even more......

HEADLINES WHEN WE BEAT LIVERPOOL

To get the ball rolling mine is .

" Chelsea drain the pool."
Chelsea Junior Te
Liver is Chelsea's main course of Matchday 2...ok ok it's a bit corny.

Brilliant one, Fentini. How about, "False Champions taught a lesson in Mourinhology"

"Chelsea :censored: in the pool"
"Mou-rhino flattens Benitez"

"There was something in the air that night
The stars were bright, fernando
They were shining there for you and me
For the Chelsea, fernando"
(OK abit :censored: but I found it funny)

The pool leaks as Chelsea pulls the plug
or
Rafa's headless chickens mauled by the lion
or
Pride of lions roar to victory

If Robben scores the winner...

Scousers Robb-ed for a change

"Blue Tsunami Wipes Out Crimson Tide"

Applicable to Man u matches as well :)

How about Monday morning headlines to read;
LONDON 2, LIVERPOOL 0

How about 'Gypsy scousers get their come-uppance as the Blues p**s on Benitez's big fat pikey timewasting Spanish bonfire'?

Or 'Benitez sees Red as Mourinho silences his critics' with a photo of JM 'shushing' the big fat pikey Spaniard git!

Or more likely:

'European football next to go to the dogs as Chelsea win again'

Where was that gun..............again?

'back to reality for rafa'

Liverpool in "We really are :censored:!" Shocker

Scousers were left crying into their shellsuits after being taught a footballing lesson by Mighty Mourinho's Magnificent Blues, and told to return CL trophy they robbed last year.

FUN!

Or if Cisse scores an own goal, "Ciss-pool in deep s**t".

Gotta be "Shhhhhhhhhhh", with Jose's finger planted firmly on his lips.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:47 am

wankers

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:00 am

hahha funny, cus they got outplayed and only a fool would suggest otherwise.  I was reading .tv's interpretation of the game which I thought was very fair, though it could be improved, it was a honest piece of journalism.  After reading this i wondered what garbage Chelsea published , well here are two articles.

Taken straight from chelseafc.tv

eaction: Mourinho on midfield power battle
Wednesday, Sep 28, 2005

Liverpool’s pre-match claims that they possessed the know-how to beat Chelsea proved unfounded as a high-energy contest ended deadlocked at Anfield. While the home side’s manager rued a penalty denied, José Mourinho talked of a packed midfield and an aerial threat survived.

“It was very competitive and in that way it was a good game,” conceded Mourinho, satisfied with the point but not bullish about the performance.

“It was tough, a game for men. In midfield there was not a lot of space to play. Sometimes Liverpool play with Garcia behind the striker but today they played three men in midfield so there was a lot of power in there,” he explained.

“There was a lot of power from us also with Lampard, Makelele and Essien. There was not a lot of space to create situations.

“Then there is the direct play with Crouch. Some people like the direct style, some people don’t. It is not a question of like for us, we have to cope. I think Ricardo [Carvalho] and John Terry did fantastically in the box fight.”

Rafael Benitez too thought the game was a good one, with both teams pushing for victory, but suggested the decision not to award a second-half penalty for handball by William Gallas was all that stood between his side and the win he had threatened.

“Our plan was good,” he said, “We played with a high tempo, we pressed Chelsea high up the pitch and I think we played better than them. We just needed the goal and maybe with the penalty that would have been the goal.

“It was clear, unbelievable!” Benitez added having just viewed an action replay. Mourinho, yet see a similar replay, declined to give an opinion on the incident.

Instead the Chelsea manager spoke of his satisfaction with one of his strikers.

“In the last 15 minutes I played Crespo and Drogba together to try to use the domination of Drogba, because he played very well for me, and I thought together with Crespo we might get the win.”

The draw leaves Chelsea second in Group G behind Liverpool, both sides on four points. It ends a run of four consecutive away defeats in the Champions League.

“I’m not 100 per cent satisfied but it’s a point, so I am not crazy with happiness but not sad,” Mourinho summed up. “For a Champions League away game it was a positive result and a result adapted to the reality of game. I don’t think anybody deserved to win. I think it was a fair result.”

by Paul Mason

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Match Report - Liverpool 0 Chelsea 0
Wednesday, Sep 28, 2005

Liverpool v Chelsea

The predicted scoreline in a hard fought game saw Chelsea have the best efforts on goal but leave Anfield with four bookings.

Drogba had almost robbed Carragher in the seventh minute, but the defender recovered only for Essien immediately to rob Alonso and be pulled back. Alonso was booked.

Lampard’s 35 yard shot from the free-kick was touched round by diving Reina who then completely missed Lampard’s corner.

Within another five minutes the quiet beginning was completely over and passions were high. Referee Massimo De Santis of Italy gave Liverpool a throw-in right in front of José Mourinho when Carvalho had played the ball out off Crouch. Then Lampard was late in a challenge on Gerrard. Next Crouch claimed Carvalho had jumped over him on the edge of the Chelsea area, and De Santis followed up with free-kicks for fouls on Drogba and Duff.

Before the 20th minute Gerrard and Lampard had both missed the target from good positions, and Hyypia had gone crashing to the ground in the penalty area from a Drogba challenge for which De Santis gave a corner. The defender was furious and screamed for a penalty. The chance had come from a Crouch header following a free-kick won by Crouch. He was causing problems.

Chelsea weren’t in control. But both Duff and Robben had missed chances to break into space behind Liverpool’s defence when their first touch let them down. Makelele picked up Chelsea’s first booking midway through the half when he was late on Gerrard.

Liverpool v Chelsea

Robben lost another chance to run on goal when he cut in from the right on to Drogba’s great pass with only Alonso to beat, but the Spaniard easily read his cut inside. However, seconds later he had the ball again with Hyypiä to run at, and this time his cut inside worked and he let rip from the edge of the area only to see Reina pull off a brilliant tip-over. Two shots on target to none!

When the half-time whistle was blown Chelsea had committed 12 fouls and Liverpool eight. It had been a very competitive 45 minutes.

Liverpool had the first chance of the second-half when Garcia brushed off Ferreira to chase another Crouch header. Cech dived out to beat the ball away from him.

There were more home screams for a penalty when Carragher had a free header from Liverpool’s first corner of the second-half. It ricocheted off Carvalho and went out off Gallas’ hands. De Santis gave another corner.

Robben became Chelsea’s second booking when he got round Finnan who was letting a ball run out for a goal-kick and kept it in, but De Santis whistled for a foul. Robben jumped up in despair and was cautioned for dissent. Two minutes later Lampard joined in for crashing in on Gerrard as he attacked a dropping ball. Liverpool were finding more space and feeding Crouch in more dangerous areas. But they still hadn’t had an effort on target.

Twenty minutes into the second-half came the first substitution, Wright-Phillips for Robben.

Chelsea were continuing to concede too many free-kicks. After 70 minutes Carvalho was again whistled up for a challenge on Crouch and that was the Blues’ 20th foul of the night.

Liverpool v Chelsea

Crespo replaced Duff with 16 minutes remaining, Drogba moving to the left. Immediately Liverpool won their fifth corner of the second-half. Cech, who had been intercepting more crosses than in any game probably since joining Chelsea, punched it away.

Sinima-Pongolle now substituted Cissé whose technique hadn’t always been up with the rest of the game.

Liverpool’s first shot on target finally came seven minutes from time, but Alonso’s effort was a simple catch for Cech. Chelsea were more comfortable by now In the last five minutes both sides seemed to step off the gas, and while not settling for the 0-0 draw, not pushing for the final breakthrough.

Terry suffered Chelsea’s fourth booking for a lunging tackle on Alonso. In stoppage time Huth replaced Drogba to massive boos from the home fans and cries of: “Boring, boring Chelsea.” This from the team who have scored one home League goal this season.

At the final whistle there were angry scenes between Terry and Alonso as the Chelsea captain made it clear he felt the Liverpool player had dived to get him booked. The game had been full of Premiership passion.

On Sunday, the two will meet in the Premiership.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
These articles are trash.  They spent no time discussing the penalty claims, and even suggest we were unsportsmanlike in suggesting otherwise.  I know that people will say, well this is a different team why would they credit their opposition?  Well seeing this reaction makes me grateful to be a red and not a blue, because as Carra said " We try to be dignified"  (or something to that sort)   So always remember that while Chelsea may win the league they've sold their souls, while under Benitez wemay tak a little longer to gain success, but once we are on top we will have truly earned the right to be there.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:22 am

Here's a ''neutral'' review of the game from Premiership.com:

LIVERPOOL AND CHELSEA SHARE SPOILS
Chelsea survived two penalty appeals as Liverpool shaded a goalless Champions League Group G clash at Anfield.

Referee Massimo De Santis rejected their claims for a first-half spot-kick when Didier Drogba appeared to foul Sami Hyypia and did the same after the break when William Gallas handled a header from Jamie Carragher.

Liverpool enjoyed the better of the game, especially in the second half, but like so many other teams this season they were unable to break down Chelsea’s mean defence and both sides settled for a a share of the spoils ahead of their Barclays Premiership meeting on Merseyside this Sunday.

Much of the pre-match hype had been about Chelsea’s eagerness to exact revenge for last season’s semi-final defeat in this competition.

But Liverpool, inspired by Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso, showed drive and composure to end Chelsea’s 100 per cent record this season.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez restored Steve Finnan, Luis Garcia, Djibril Cisse and Djimi Traore to his line-up, leaving Josemi, Stephen Warnock, Bolo Zenden and Florent Sinama-Pongolle on the substitutes’ bench.

Jose Mourinho replaced Hernan Crespo with Drogba as his only change from the side that beat Aston Villa at the weekend, and the Barclays Premiership champions pinged the ball around with ease in the early stages.

Alonso was booked for grabbing Michael Essien and Frank Lampard blasted the free-kick wide from 20 yards with Liverpool barely able to get out of their half at this point.

But they grew in confidence and Lampard should have been booked for a foul on Gerrard as the game ignited.

Gerrard, who almost moved to Chelsea despite leading Liverpool to glory in last season’s final in Istanbul, had the best chance of the opening half when he fired over from the edge of the box after good work by Traore, the Liverpool skipper having had more time than he realised.

By now the tackles were flying in and Claude Makelele was booked for a foul on Gerrard as Liverpool pushed forward in support of Peter Crouch.

A string of corners failed to rattle a superbly defiant Chelsea defence and the Londoners started to take a measure of control.

When Chelsea were beaten in last season’s semi-final second leg at Anfield, they were denied the width of Arjen Robben and Damien Duff.

But not this time. Both found space to terrify Liverpool with their pace and although Alonso coolly halted a Robben run with a fine tackle and then a dummy before clearing, the danger of the Dutchman was obvious seconds later when he left Hyypia floundering and produced the best save of the first half when Jose Reina tipped over a rising drive.

The intensity continued after the break: Luis Garcia claimed he was hauled back by Paulo Ferreira as he raced into the box onto a Crouch flick, while the muscular presence of Essien continued to drive Chelsea forward, with Drogba heading over from six yards.

Then Carragher’s header looked to strike Gallas on the arm but Liverpool were refused what looked like an good shout for a penalty.

De Santis then adjudged John Terry had not obstructed Gerrard and shortly after the Italian booked Robben for dissent. Lampard was next to be cautioned for flattening Cisse.

Liverpool were at Chelsea’s throats now, but still could not make the breakthrough.

Shaun Wright-Phillips replaced Robben just after the hour mark as the visitors sought to relieve some of the pressure.

A mix-up between Carragher and Hyypia almost let in Duff, but Reina produced a desperate save. Crespo soon replaced the Republic of Ireland winger and, for the home side, Cisse was replaced by Florent Sinama-Pongolle.

By now it was anybody’s game. Chelsea had all their attacking options on the pitch and Liverpool continued to strive for the goal their second-half display arguably deserved.

Terry was booked for a foul on Alonso with a minute left and defender Robert Huth replaced Drogba, but Chelsea claimed a valuable draw.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:02 am

They are a bunch of t*ssers. A true champion in any sport can admit when the opposition was better. Terry is a t*at accusing Alonso of diving - a fecking lunge like that would have taken anyone down. Cheating cockney b*stard.

Oh well, we've proved we are as good, if not better than they are in one-off matches. They'll still be better over the course of the season, but only for the next year or two. Then we'll be spanking their a*ses as we pass them on our way to the top! Fook you Sh*tski - the red men are coming to get you!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:11 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:They are a bunch of t*ssers. A true champion in any sport can admit when the opposition was better. Terry is a t*at accusing Alonso of diving - a fecking lunge like that would have taken anyone down. Cheating cockney b*stard.

Oh well, we've proved we are as good, if not better than they are in one-off matches. They'll still be better over the course of the season, but only for the next year or two. Then we'll be spanking their a*ses as we pass them on our way to the top! Fook you Sh*tski - the red men are coming to get you!

sublime english from the maestro  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:05 am

By the looks of it, Chelsea really had a hard time watching Liverpool winning the CL, they seem quite obsessed.

Also, I wouldn't understand how they stand Mourinho, he was already an idiot when he was in Barcelona. The comment about Liverpool playing basketball is nothing more than the proof of the headache Crouch caused to their defence.

Spanish press, quite surprisingly to me, talks about a balanced game. Both As and Marca (which shouldn't be considered serious) talk about a balanced game, and a great game to watch. Marca admits Liverpool organization was better, though, and both newspapers claim, that there were two clear penalties that were not conceded to Liverpool.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:51 am

I hate the way in reports they say "It appeared to strike the arm" IT DID YOU JORNALISTIC TOSSPOTS just say it hit him on the arm, there just fu*kin terrified to upset Jose the tw@t
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:32 pm

Mounrinho is being a :censored: complaining about us hitting long balls to Crouch.

We only hit balls to Crouch's head from crosses or set pieces. There were hardly any long punts up field to Crouch. Crouch got as much ball to feet as he did in the air.

This is rich coming from the manager of the most expensive and skillfull long ball team in history.

I don't know about Abramovich, but if I spent all of that money, I'd be looking to get some entertainment and style for my money.

We won Championships in the 80s playing attacking (if not flamboyant) football, Man UTD and Arsenal won trophies playing exciting stuff. Chelsea will win trophies playing sterile, turgid football that will win them no hearts in the long run.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Abramovich looked more excited when Ranieri was manager. They showed a clip of him last night and he looked bored to tears.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:41 pm

I agree JBG

Roman can't be happy spending all that money on a 'hobby' that bores the tits off him and everyone else.

The more Mourinho persists with these tactics, the quicker the Russian will get bored and feck off back to where he came from.

As much as I hated united in the nineties, I'll admit I had some respect for some of the football they played, they were a stylish team before Fergie started losing the plot and became obsessed with playing 'the european way' instead of the 4-4-2 with out and out wingers that won them the treble.  Chelsea are not stylish at all, they're awful to watch and I have no respect for them at all.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:27 pm

I have just been on the Chelsea forums and its apparent that they really are the most deplorable fans around.

The arrogance is dripping off the walls. They seem to forget that just before Abramovich took over the fact that Ranieri got them into the Champions League (by beating us incidentally) negated the necessity of them selling off the family silver to survive.

10 years ago they had such luminaries as Paul Furlong, Frank Sinclair and Ken Monkou in their team. Only a few years before that they were a yoo yoo team.

Fair enough, Chelsea are a fierce and powerful side, and will probably win many more trophies in the next couple of years. However, you must be humble when in victory, and Chelsea fans need to realise this.

Oh woe be the hubris of Stamford Bridge...................
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:29 pm

Chelsea fans = dullest fans on the planet

100 yrs of the clubs history and all they can sing now is:
-Chelsea,Chelsea,Chelsea[creative isn't it?]
-Come on Chelsea
-Jose Mourinho
Last edited by A.B. on Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:32 pm

Chelsea will have their time in the sun, but the arrogance of Mourinho, Kenyon, Lampard and the legions of their plastic fans will make them the most hated club in Europe (ther're probably at that stage already).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:11 pm

JBG wrote:Mounrinho is being a :censored: complaining about us hitting long balls to Crouch.

We only hit balls to Crouch's head from crosses or set pieces. There were hardly any long punts up field to Crouch. Crouch got as much ball to feet as he did in the air.

This is rich coming from the manager of the most expensive and skillfull long ball team in history.

Obviously it slipped Maureenio's mind regarding his basketball comments but in last season's CL semi he brought on Robert Huth-a centre back if I'm not mistaken-to play as a makeshift striker... ???

Now what's that saying about stones and glass houses? :D
Gracias King Rafa

Postby red37 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:18 pm

according to mourinho. "liverpool plays more direct than..bolton"  :no

can you believe this fella?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion