Houllier - Will the fans ever love him again?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 17, 2004 10:39 am

it was nice to see some support for houllier.
We might not agree with everything but hes staynig, so lets make the most of it. I believe that houllier is a gerat coach and is good with the players. He knows that this will be hislast season unless he does something radically brilliant. Stevie G also is behind him 10000% so isnt that enough?
and about the 70s pass and move, of course pass and move would be nice, but the 70s are over my friends.
I liked our triangle passing when we just kept the ball and had players wide to run forward. With Cisse next term we will have a lot mroe opportunites im sure so lets just cheer on the boys
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Mon May 17, 2004 11:36 am

Anyone supporting Houllier after the past two seasons has lost their marbles and any sense of ambition.

Check the league tables........we ended up 15 points behind United who, by their higher standards, had an awful season. And we ended up a massive 30 points behind the league champions.

Praise for Houllier? You are having a laugh. The man is a clown.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Mon May 17, 2004 11:51 am

nice to have some positive thoughts about houllier!
LOL!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Mon May 17, 2004 12:02 pm

REDANDBLUE U SAY THE MAN IS A CLOWN, YOUR A CLOWN!
WE HAVE BEEN IN THE CHAMPS LEAGUE 3TIMES SINCE HES BEEN IN CHARGE, WE NEVER GOT IN BEFORE HE CAME, WE WON SIX TROPHIES UNDER HIM, IN THE SIX PREVIOUS YEARS TO HOULLIER HOW MANY TROPHIES DID WE WIN? WE WON THE UEFA CUP WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE WON SOMETHING IN EUROPE BEFORE HOULLIER?

KOP ON TO YOURSELF, WE HAVE MADE BRILLIANT PROGRESS UNDER HOULLIER WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE LAST TWO SEASONS, HE RAISED EXPECTATIONS AGAIN AT THIS CLUB AND WE NOW CONSIDER MERELY GETTING INTO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AS A BAD SEASON WHICH BY ALL ACCOUNTS ARE GOOD EXPECTATIONS AND HE KNOWS HE HAS TO DELIVER SOMETHING NEXT SEASON OR HE COULD BE ON HIS WAY OUT, BUT GIVE THE MAN SOME AMOUNT OF RESPECT FOR FILLING OUR TROPHY CABINET A BIT, HE MAY BE NO SHANKS OR PAISLEY BUT HES MILES BETTER THAN THE LIKES OF EVANS AND SOUNESS, AND DESERVES OUR SUPPORT WHILE HE IS IN CHARGE! :cool:

U SAY ANYONE SUPPORTING HOULLIER OVER THE LAST TWO SEASONS HAS LOST THEIR AMBITION, WELL WHO RAISED THEIR AMBITIONS - GERARD HOULLIER! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby stmichael » Mon May 17, 2004 12:08 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:REDANDBLUE U SAY THE MAN IS A CLOWN, YOUR A CLOWN!
WE HAVE BEEN IN THE CHAMPS LEAGUE 3TIMES SINCE HES BEEN IN CHARGE, WE NEVER GOT IN BEFORE HE CAME, WE WON SIX TROPHIES UNDER HIM, IN THE SIX PREVIOUS YEARS TO HOULLIER HOW MANY TROPHIES DID WE WIN? WE WON THE UEFA CUP WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE WON SOMETHING IN EUROPE BEFORE HOULLIER?

KOP ON TO YOURSELF, WE HAVE MADE BRILLIANT PROGRESS UNDER HOULLIER WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE LAST TWO SEASONS, HE RAISED EXPECTATIONS AGAIN AT THIS CLUB AND WE NOW CONSIDER MERELY GETTING INTO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AS A BAD SEASON WHICH BY ALL ACCOUNTS ARE GOOD EXPECTATIONS AND HE KNOWS HE HAS TO DELIVER SOMETHING NEXT SEASON OR HE COULD BE ON HIS WAY OUT, BUT GIVE THE MAN SOME AMOUNT OF RESPECT FOR FILLING OUR TROPHY CABINET A BIT, HE MAY BE NO SHANKS OR PAISLEY BUT HES MILES BETTER THAN THE LIKES OF EVANS AND SOUNESS, AND DESERVES OUR SUPPORT WHILE HE IS IN CHARGE! :cool:

U SAY ANYONE SUPPORTING HOULLIER OVER THE LAST TWO SEASONS HAS LOST THEIR AMBITION, WELL WHO RAISED THEIR AMBITIONS - GERARD HOULLIER! :cool:

good post and in agree with most of what you are saying. houllier restored pride and discipline to this club but the fact of the matter is we are still no closer to winning what really matters- the league. next season is houllier's last chance saloon and lets hope he makes the right signings.

this raises a question. i would like to know what the clubs expectations of the fans are? it's always fine for them to expect us to fork out the money to go and watch them week in week out but some of what we have seen has been unacceptable. liverpool fans will always be loyal but deserve better.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Mon May 17, 2004 12:17 pm

Both are good posts and give food for thought!

I am optimistic about next year but will have to wait to after the Euros to see what sort of position LFC are in!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi » Mon May 17, 2004 12:29 pm

Based purely on the fact that it appears he's gonna remain I am going to try and give GH my full support, that's not to say that I don't think he's made a right pigs-ear of our beloved club and that he should've gone during the course of this season.

Ice-Man, many of the points you raised have or would have some validity were it not for the fact that you casually dropped in "WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE LAST TWO SEASONS". How many other 'big', ambitious clubs would put up with this scenario? You can bet your ****** that Real will ditch Queiros bearing in mind they've sacked two managers immediately after having delivered the CL.

As I said I will not vehemently call for his head at this stage but if we see early signs next year that we are not progressing and GH continues to embarass us by publicly spouting the sort of drivel he's done this year then I'll be at the front of the queue....... :D
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 17, 2004 12:38 pm

real madrid have had their worst season in recent memory. that means an automatic sacking for the manager. they don't put up with mediocrity. beckham got sent off aswell last night for swearing at a linesman. hilarious. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Mon May 17, 2004 1:12 pm

Houllier talks too much sh11te, bit like Stu. I think he has made too many excuses - Houllier and Stu - and the fans won't forget that in a hurry.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Mon May 17, 2004 7:13 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:REDANDBLUE U SAY THE MAN IS A CLOWN, YOUR A CLOWN!
WE HAVE BEEN IN THE CHAMPS LEAGUE 3TIMES SINCE HES BEEN IN CHARGE, WE NEVER GOT IN BEFORE HE CAME,

evans never finished outside the top 4, in todays ruling he would have qualified every year for the champions league
jack66

Postby jack66 » Mon May 17, 2004 7:17 pm

7_Kewell wrote:are you a wind up merchant?  I only ask 'cos u talk ****** 90% of the time  :O

looks like im winding u up houllier gimp..keep on talking knobbie cos you are almost at 100% ******
jack66

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 17, 2004 7:30 pm

are you sure you don't support leeds? :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Mon May 17, 2004 11:04 pm

no knobbie but you should ,you and a few other knobs seem happy to support a clueless manager making our club a ****** laughing stock. 
I do support liverpool fc not gerard houllier and cant believe how poor they are now. even under roy evans you would look forward to going to the match knowing that at least at home they would give at least 95%.i started to go and watch liverpool in the late 70s and to watch them right through the eighties winning european cups and league titles was great.its sad to see a great club even greater support than ever and money being dragged further down by a blubbering frog.
jack66

Postby JohnBull » Mon May 17, 2004 11:25 pm

I cannot give Houllier any credit for the situation we are now in.
We've a board and management who's egos are more important than the club.The arrogant Houllier remarks about "injuries" "bad luck" the wind blowing the wrong way, or whatever, make us a joke.
Stue "THE RED" ???? you know nothing!!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue May 18, 2004 12:58 am

Really?

John Bull... how old are you?

Did you ever believe that Houllier had the vision and qualities to bring the title back to Anfield?
115-1073096938

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion