Morrientes
7%
Crouch
23%
Fowler
55%

Total votes : 114

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:47 pm

Look at the team thats top of the league, look at Rafa's Valencia team, then come back.

You cant compare with valencia . They in La liga NOT EPL.

You really are from another planet. 

In my planet , if  a striker score goal, he will play and if the striker who cant score goal, when the time for him to go , he will go .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:54 pm

so we agree mori and cisse are pants, crouch can run a lot but cant hit a barn door, and its all up to  god?

happy valentines day from me too stu :p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:01 pm

cisse achieved something on saturday that i've never seen before from a top class striker.

he came on and within two minutes he'd been caught offside three times :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 2520years » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:23 pm

Steve Gerrard is our best striker...not to mention best central midfielder, right-sided midfielder...in fact, has anyone seen him in nets?
:D
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby marcus.c » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:57 pm

stmichael wrote:cisse achieved something on saturday that i've never seen before from a top class striker.

nice one...

Our current strikers are not that good in beating the off sides. Its worrying. Crouch cannot head, cannot find the net consistently. Cisse run and run and run, eventually to no where (provided in the first place he does not get caught off side).

I do not understand why they sold SP. I think he is one of the most underrated striker. He is quick, he doesn't get caught offside easily. He is always dangerous on the ball. I feel it is a mistake to have sell him.
marcus.c

Postby Kukilon » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:59 pm

marcus.c wrote:
stmichael wrote:cisse achieved something on saturday that i've never seen before from a top class striker.

nice one...

Our current strikers are not that good in beating the off sides. Its worrying. Crouch cannot head, cannot find the net consistently. Cisse run and run and run, eventually to no where (provided in the first place he does not get caught off side).

I do not understand why they sold SP. I think he is one of the most underrated striker. He is quick, he doesn't get caught offside easily. He is always dangerous on the ball. I feel it is a mistake to have sell him.

SP?

If you mean Sinama Pongolle he is not sold. He is out on a loan to Blackburn.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby marcus.c » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 pm

haa... yeah, got it wrongly... but my point is that, he should have kept SP, instead of loaning him out. Especially when he knew the current strikers cannot score.

It does not make sense to me. SP is playing very well. He came off the bench to rescue us from defeat. I think he did very well in the champions league. And now? He is off loan to blackburn. He must be disappointed.

He must be thinking, what he must do to get in RB favour. RB wants him to play neat, to link up play, to run at defenders and to score.. he did all that... but RB loan him out in the end? Really make no sense.
marcus.c

Postby DAV » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:14 pm

fowler not included
I don't rate any of our so called strikers
the name kind of gives away what their job is
everything else they do is a bonus
get rid of all 3 of them over payed wastes of space
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:31 pm

To be a great forward you don't have to score 20 goals a season.

Bergkamp, Litmanen, Rooney, Ibrahimovic etc etc etc.

There are other things they can contribute.

Crouch contributes and is a good squad player and a good option. He makes alot of goals. Good players are involved in the creating of goals, if its as simple as just getting goalscorers we'd have a team full of centre forwards. You need a mix, Crouch gets the best out of Steven Gerrard's attacking play. He holds the ball up allowing Gerrard to get forward and plays intelligent passes to players in good positions.

Crouch isn't a bad player, anyone who can't see that... as Rafa rightly said, doesn't know football.
115-1073096938

Postby DAV » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:49 pm

fair comment
so whats your answer?
I see us play and I don't see goals from forwards,
god knows how many games it has been since 1 scored
As far as Crouch goes- he is hopeless at heading
dosen't seem to know where the net is

but like you said he has other talents

Which is all well and good, but playing as a forward I would expect, infact insist he scores his fair share.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:03 pm

DAV wrote:fair comment
so whats your answer?
I see us play and I don't see goals from forwards,
god knows how many games it has been since 1 scored
As far as Crouch goes- he is hopeless at heading
dosen't seem to know where the net is

but like you said he has other talents

Which is all well and good, but playing as a forward I would expect, infact insist he scores his fair share.

He has 7 in all competitions, he's there to create goalscoring chances and help us control games and thats what he does.

If he scores goals aswell then great, but Crouch, unlike Sissy can contribute without scoring.

He should score 10-15 a season, he's on course to get that and he'll get a few more from now untill the end of the season.

Having just watched Birmingham vs West Ham I'm even more convinced we badly missed out on Dean Ashton.
115-1073096938

Postby marcus.c » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:08 pm

It is true that Bergkamp, Litmanen, Rooney, Ibrahimovic. Ronaldinho and so many other great forwards that do not score 20 over goals season in season out.

But we cannot deny the fact that they have an equally world class top striker that is capable of scoring goals every week. Let see, Ibrahimovi has Trezeguet and Del Piero as partners. Ronaldinho has Eto and Messi. Bergkamp has Henry. Rooney has Van Nistelrooy.

As for Litmanen, I do not agree, saying that he does not score many goals.

Litmanen moved to Ajax and his first season in the Netherlands was spent in Dennis Bergkamp's shadow, but when Bergkamp moved to Inter it was Litmanen who was given the famous number 10 shirt. He scored 26 goals in the 1993–1994 season, becoming the league's top scorer, and leading Ajax to the title.

In 1995–1996 Litmanen was the Champions League top scorer with nine goals, and also scored in the final against Juventus. He was also the all-time top scorer of the Finnish national team.

If we have strikers in the mould of those players. I am fine, that crouch does not score and does the assisting. But sadly, players like Cisse and Crouch are letting us down. Remember when we signed them, we want them to score goals, not create them. If they do, it is always a bonus.

That is why if crouch is to play up front, I think his partner needs to do the scoring. SP was excellent but he has been strangely loan out to Blackburn. I would love to see Crouch and Owen playing together
marcus.c

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:15 pm

marcus.c wrote:It is true that Bergkamp, Litmanen, Rooney, Ibrahimovic. Ronaldinho and so many other great forwards that do not score 20 over goals season in season out.

But we cannot deny the fact that they have an equally world class top striker that is capable of scoring goals every week. Let see, Ibrahimovi has Trezeguet and Del Piero as partners. Ronaldinho has Eto and Messi. Bergkamp has Henry. Rooney has Van Nistelrooy.

As for Litmanen, I do not agree with you, saying that he does not score many goals.

Litmanen moved to Ajax and his first season in the Netherlands was spent in Dennis Bergkamp's shadow, but when Bergkamp moved to Inter it was Litmanen who was given the famous number 10 shirt. He scored 26 goals in the 1993–1994 season, becoming the league's top scorer, and leading Ajax to the title.

In 1995–1996 Litmanen was the Champions League top scorer with nine goals, and also scored in the final against Juventus. He was also the all-time top scorer of the Finnish national team.

If we have strikers in the mould of the players, I have mentioned. I am fine, that crouch does not score and does the assisting. But the sadly, players like Cisse and Crouch did let us down. Remember when we signed them, we want them to score goals, not create them. If they do, it is always a bonus.

That is why if crouch is to play up front, I think his partner need to do the scoring. SP was excellent but he has been strangely loan out to Blackburn. I would love to see Crouch and Owen playing together.

It is true to be a great forward, you don't have to score 20 over goals a season. But the fundemental[/quote]
Thats extemely narrow minded.

Crouch wasn't signed to score goals.

Crouch was signed to improve the team which is EXACTLY what he's done. The team comes before everything.

He gets the best out of our best player. What part of that can you not understand? Crouch hasn't let anyone down this season, Morientes and Sissy, now thats a different story, but for someone to blame Crouch is just pathetic.
115-1073096938

Postby DAV » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:15 pm

yep, I saw West Ham last night as well
Ashton would of (in my opinion) helped alot to solving our striker problem

Crouch, I'm still not so sure, regardless of what RH thinks
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:16 pm

DAV wrote:yep, I saw West Ham last night as well
Ashton would of (in my opinion) helped alot to solving our striker problem

Crouch, I'm still not so sure, regardless of what RH thinks

Crouch is a decent player. Ashtons a top quality one.

Massive difference in quality.
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion