26%
COLLYMORE
No votes

Total votes : 23

Postby houllieroutplz » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:21 am

WHO DO THINK PLZ ADD ANYONE WHO I MISSED
houllieroutplz

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:15 am

Wrong forum, been done. See "players lounge" and other forums before you get carried away with polls please :blues:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:50 pm

Fowler was and never will be better than Owen.
115-1073096938

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:02 pm

Fowler was better and owen will never be as good as fowler was in his prime.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:32 pm

Thats absoloute boll##ks kid.

Fowler was playing ina side that was geared to his one strength. His goalscoring ability. He proved that when playing in the treble season he couldn't handle a different style of play. He done really well that season and still scored 17 goals. That was the best Fowler has ever been as a football player in terms of ability (NOT FORM!!!!) and the season after for Leeds.

He seems like Heskey to have lost what he once had.

Fowler was sloppy in possession, he has always been weak and unable to hold the ball up, he's never been particularly quick despite what some idiots will tell you and he's never had a good work ethic. He is also very tactically (defensive wise) poor. He takes up the wrong positions when opposing teams have the ball which causes the rest of the team problems.

Owen is faster, a better team player, works harder, better out an out finisher, more agile, better dribbler, better attitude, alot less sloppy in possession and miles ahead of Fowler when it comes to holding the ball up. He also knows how to defend from the front which is something even now Fowler has never learnt how to do. Owen is also more of an athlete than Robbie.

Fowler did have good vision and was probably one of the best goalscorers of his century but was nowhere near Owen's class as a player.

Anyone who reguarly attended games during the early careers of these two will back me up. Fowler come onto the seen at a more advanced stage than Owen but Owen's alround game now is better than Fowlers ever could have been.

Owen is world class. Fowler was at his prime... at best... top class. He was never the best in the country, let alone the world. Owen is the best in the country and in the worlds top 5.
115-1073096938

Postby columbia » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:36 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Thats absoloute boll##ks kid.

Fowler was playing ina side that was geared to his one strength. His goalscoring ability.

Fowler was sloppy in possession, he has always been weak and unable to hold the ball up, he's never been particularly quick despite what some idiots will tell you and he's never had a good work ethic.

Owen is faster, a better team player, works harder, better out an out finisher, more agile, better dribbler, better attitude, alot less sloppy in possession and miles ahead of fowler when it comes to holding the ball up.

Fowler did have good vision and was probably one of the best goalscorers of his century but was nowhere near Owen's class.

Anyone who reguarly attended games during the early careers of these two will back me up. Fowler come onto the seen at a more advanced stage than Owen but Owen's alround game now is better than Fowlers ever could have been.

Owen is world class. Fowler was at his prime... at best... top class.

:cool:  :cool:  what he said
columbia

Postby kenco » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:10 pm

Rush was the best ever, his record proves it:O
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:46 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Thats absoloute boll##ks kid.

Fowler was playing ina side that was geared to his one strength. His goalscoring ability. He proved that when playing in the treble season he couldn't handle a different style of play. He done really well that season and still scored 17 goals. That was the best Fowler has ever been as a football player in terms of ability (NOT FORM!!!!) and the season after for Leeds.

He seems like Heskey to have lost what he once had.

Fowler was sloppy in possession, he has always been weak and unable to hold the ball up, he's never been particularly quick despite what some idiots will tell you and he's never had a good work ethic. He is also very tactically (defensive wise) poor. He takes up the wrong positions when opposing teams have the ball which causes the rest of the team problems.

Owen is faster, a better team player, works harder, better out an out finisher, more agile, better dribbler, better attitude, alot less sloppy in possession and miles ahead of Fowler when it comes to holding the ball up. He also knows how to defend from the front which is something even now Fowler has never learnt how to do. Owen is also more of an athlete than Robbie.

Fowler did have good vision and was probably one of the best goalscorers of his century but was nowhere near Owen's class as a player.

Owen is world class. Fowler was at his prime... at best... top class. He was never the best in the country, let alone the world. Owen is the best in the country and in the worlds top 5.

what a load of absolute s##t. Owen a better finisher than fowler, i really dont what you see through your eyes. And as for the team being built around fowler what about owen under houllier! remember all those long balls over the top for him to run onto! owens best league goals record is 19 fowlers is 28.

Im not saying owen isnt brilliant but hes no fowler. He saved us in the fa cup final in 2001, but how many games has he thrown away chances to win? vs bayer leverkusen in the euro cup quarter final he missed 4 one on ones with the keeper, vs arsenal earlier in the season he missed a header from 2 yards out when we were 1 - 0 up and dominating and no to mention all those penalties.

I dont recall robbie fowler letting us down when it matterd, and since owen been injured so much, how many times have you seen him sprinting like he used to? the answer is that everyone knows hes a yard or two slower now and thats affected his game a lot, hes much less effective. end of
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:04 am

what a load of absolute s##t. Owen a better finisher than fowler, i really dont what you see through your eyes. And as for the team being built around fowler what about owen under houllier! remember all those long balls over the top for him to run onto! owens best league goals record is 19 fowlers is 28.

Im not saying owen isnt brilliant but hes no fowler. He saved us in the fa cup final in 2001, but how many games has he thrown away chances to win? vs bayer leverkusen in the euro cup quarter final he missed 4 one on ones with the keeper, vs arsenal earlier in the season he missed a header from 2 yards out when we were 1 - 0 up and dominating and no to mention all those penalties.

I dont recall robbie fowler letting us down when it matterd, and since owen been injured so much, how many times have you seen him sprinting like he used to? the answer is that everyone knows hes a yard or two slower now and thats affected his game a lot, hes much less effective. end of

Haha k chuck.

You go to how many games?

Fowler was a better goalscorer, he scored a variety of goals. If you read the post you would have understood that was the point i was making. I wouldn't dispute that, Owen is and always has been the better player.

For the reasons in my post. Fowler also wasn't as good a finisher as Owen. He wastes chances, he lacked concentration and application alot of the time. When Owen is on top of his game he's one of the worlds best finishers.

Theres a massive difference in being a great goalscorer and a great finisher. Fowler could score long distance, free kicks, tap ins, headers, volleys... Owens game is different. One on one with a goal keeper i'd take Owen over Fowler every single time.

But then what would i know.... not like i've ever been to a live game to see either of them play is it??? Oh s##t yeah thats right.... i've been going since 1993 and didn't miss any games including friendlies from 1997 to 2002.

Again i ask.... how many games you been to? :;):
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:16 am

No Hunt and Liddel in your Choices ? ??? On the above debate Owen is a better all round player but Fowler shades it in terms of finishing. Watching both players throughout their Liverpool careers  Its obvious to see that Owen has a better all round game. Fowler was lethal from everywhere but had to havea good service, Throughout Fowler's LFC career he was with Macca the only decent player we had for a few seasons and we played to his strengths, namely get the bal lwide and cross it into the area for Fowler to stroke it home. I suppose the definitive difference is on the international scene, Owen's the number 1 Striker whilst Fowler never capitiliased on his opportunities when they came......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:18 am

After all that I voted for RUSH :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:20 am

i thought it was a bit strange that Keegan wasn't included either.

He deserves a mention ahead of the likes of Collymore for christs sake.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:23 am

Stanny Stanny Stanny !!!!!!! It used to irritate me to distraction when the Kop used to sing that if Stan completed a PASS !!!

Memories in football are short I'm afraid Stu, if Keegan hadn't gone into management and become a bit of a laughing stock he would be regarded much higher in Liverpool's hall of fame than he is..........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:24 am

Hirst !!!!!!!! ? ???  Do you think he means HUNT ? :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Callaghan » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:24 am

RUSH....say no more!!!!
Callaghan

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion