Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:40 pm

my fault nanny .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:46 pm

NANNY RED wrote: :laugh: Who are we blaming tonight,

Im blaming Saint the arl codger :nod

I suppose you will be sending me some more horrible abusive PM's  as well  :angry:

:D
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:49 pm

:laugh: I havnt even started yet, :nod

After what you said your card is well an truley marked, Just make sure you sleep with one eye open :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:00 am

maybe this thread should read "Who can we blame (transfer targets)"
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:05 am

I got carded   :laugh:

the protagonists never  :laugh:

same old same old in the world of newkit
112-1077774096

Postby babu » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:53 am

GYBS wrote: :D

I got a few you can have nanny

And festy - tie a knot in it ok .

For once I agree with Festy. You are the biggest contributer to making this forum less than it was.

I read most of the posts on this board and you contribute hardly anything worthwhile, but are constantly involved in meanlingless debates. it has no value.

You will probably react badly to this, i don't care, but next time you post, ask yourself - will this actually contribute to the board? or is it meanlingless post?

Pull your head a bit.

(i am aware of the irony of my post)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:10 am

To be fair to GYBS, his hearts in the right place and I don't think he deliberately stymies the whole forum with nonsense it just happens that way. This mornings exchange with me was a prime example of ridiculousness, a debate within a debate about a total load of b0ll0cks which had nothing to do with what was being discussed.

Basically, I said it would be good if we managed to win a domestic cup or two. As the Champions League and the League are hard to win (I said), winning one of the smaller comps would at least negate the "you haven't won anything in x number of years" jibe. I said that if we didn't win anything for six years then Rafa would be considered a failure. Next thing, we get the "but how do you know we won't win the league next season? Who's to say we won't improve and win the league" And "if we do win the league then Rafa won't be an abject failure" etc etc.

Similarly, if people debate potential signings it's "but how do you know he said that? It's all speculation" etc etc. Just sometimes perhaps people need to think before they reach for the keyboard. Making 7000 posts in eight months or whatever it is is nothing to be proud of. Trying to make some contribution to the debate should be the aim, rather than constantly trying to smother genuine debate in a fire blanket of pointless interruptions.

That's my beef with the thing sometimes. People don't debate, they interrupt.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Parkinson » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:42 am

peewee wrote:A couple of our targets (alleged) have already gone elsewhere this season while we appear to be dithering over signings, last season (and previous seasons) Parry took the blame for this for going on holiday etc.

Parry is no longer with us yet we still seem to be dithering while suitable players go elsewhere, were we wrong to point the finger at Parry?

On another note we have already lost out on Barry (again supposing we wanted him) due to his fear of being rotated out of the team, do you think there are other players of the same menatlity. Some footballers do actually like to play football every week rather than just every couple of weeks, are our policies a block to attracting some players? I know we would all play for free etc as we are fans, and I know some on here think that players should be falling over themselves just to play for us, but in real life we are not the draw we used to be.

Do you think the keane saga can play a part in putting off potential signings?

Just spitballing here

I don't think we're "dithering" over signings far from it. Finance is key to transfers and if you've got the money to splash it is essentially easier to go out and buy you're targets. With the club being in a disastrous state of financial problems, it means Rafa and the admin team have to do a lot of manipulating to bring in their targets.

The prime example of this would be Glen Johnson. Now of course I am not privy to Rafa's transfer budget; I doubt he is either. But I doubt he has got the kind of money to go out and buy Johnson outright with cash ala Man.C. He may have some money for one major signing perhaps and I'm hoping he is saving that for another midfielder or attacker. But as far as the Johnson deal goes, negotiations are seemingly taking place to use Crouch's owed monies to push the deal through. It could be a possibilty that Rafa may have to sell Dossena or Arbeloa to make up the rest of the transfer fee. It seems quite a bit needs to be done before he can just bring in any player he likes. This would inevitabley make the process longer than just having the cash at the ready.

I don't allude to the theory that the majority of players out there thinking of playing for Liverpool would be worried about Rafa's rotation policy. It may cross some minds but not many I'd imagine, Barry went to Man.C alot quicker and didn't dither himself this time around because the money was laid on the table. Therefore like I said before having the money to splash gets things done alot quicker and easier.

The Keane saga hmmm. Possibly, in effect this may bring us back to the rotation theory before. But again I'd like to think it wouldn't put the majority of potential signings off first. If I was a potential signing and that concerned me, I'd clear that up with Rafa before signing a contract.
Last edited by Parkinson on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinson

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:09 am

Parkinson wrote:
peewee wrote:A couple of our targets (alleged) have already gone elsewhere this season while we appear to be dithering over signings, last season (and previous seasons) Parry took the blame for this for going on holiday etc.

Parry is no longer with us yet we still seem to be dithering while suitable players go elsewhere, were we wrong to point the finger at Parry?

On another note we have already lost out on Barry (again supposing we wanted him) due to his fear of being rotated out of the team, do you think there are other players of the same menatlity. Some footballers do actually like to play football every week rather than just every couple of weeks, are our policies a block to attracting some players? I know we would all play for free etc as we are fans, and I know some on here think that players should be falling over themselves just to play for us, but in real life we are not the draw we used to be.

Do you think the keane saga can play a part in putting off potential signings?

Just spitballing here

I don't think we're "dithering" over signings far from it. Finance is key to transfers and if you've got the money to splash it is essentially easier to go out and buy you're targets. With the club being in a disastrous state of financial problems, it means Rafa and the admin team have to do a lot of manipulating to bring in their targets.

The prime example of this would be Glen Johnson. Now of course I am not privy to Rafa's transfer budget; I doubt he is either. But I doubt he has got the kind of money to go out and buy Johnson outright with cash ala Man.C. He may have some money for one major signing perhaps and I'm hoping he is saving that for another midfielder or attacker. But as far as the Johnson deal goes, negotiations are seemingly taking place to use Crouch's owed monies to push the deal through. It could be a possibilty that Rafa may have to sell Dossena or Arbeloa to make up the rest of the transfer fee. It seems quite a bit needs to be done before he can just bring in any player he likes. This would inevitabley make the process longer than just having the cash at the ready.

I don't allude to the theory that the majority of players out there thinking of playing for Liverpool would be worried about Rafa's rotation policy. It may cross some minds but not many I'd imagine, Barry went to Man.C alot quicker and didn't dither himself this time around because the money was laid on the table. Therefore like I said before having the money to splash gets things done alot quicker and easier.

The Keane saga hmmm. Possibly, in effect this may bring us back to the rotation theory before. But again I'd like to think it wouldn't put the majority of potential signings off first. If I was a potential signing and that concerned me, I'd clear that up with Rafa before signing a contract.

good post parky
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:52 am

bigmick wrote:To be fair to GYBS, his hearts in the right place

he plays hockey though :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion