Everton
9%
Hysel
2%
Other (please specify)
22%

Total votes : 55

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:52 pm

It was a close win, 1 or 2 points or something (could check it out) and he won it the last day.

But that's what it counts at the end of the day, nobody cares that Cruyff won 2 leagues by the goal average in a row, it just counts the title.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:53 pm

thanks, there was no real reason for the question, i was just wondering whether they walked the league or it was a close run thing
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:56 pm

I don't recall many comfortably won leagues in the last decade in my country.

I ask Rafa to be there, +- 4 points of the league. Winning it might be a question of luck, but I'd consider a dissapointment not to be close this season, IMHO Liverpool will be close (-+4 point) if they don't win it.

I know it sounds happy clappy now, but I trust the manager, and I trust the squad.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:01 pm

They won it once because Madrid sold Makelele and Madrid never recovered, didn't they? Madrid where walking it till then I think.
account deleted by request

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:55 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
(somebody remind me when you get a sec' why we're not allowed to say tinkering anymore)

Because it reminds the "pro's" too much of Claudio Ranaire and we all knew what happened to the "tinkerman", so thats probably why the "pro's" dislike us from using that.

BTW, Why, who and why was little Micky's thread locked ?

The tinker man was hounded out by the press who wrongly made him out to be nothing more than a poor manager obsessed with tinkering.

Ranieri bough MOST of the good players at chelsea and developed the home grown ones as well as getting Chelsea into the Champions LEague. Which at the time despite the money was a vast improvement for a mediocre size club with little or no support.

Rightly or wrongly the same could happen to Rafa.

Wrongly.

Tosh.
ConnO'var

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:40 am

Maybe this just summaries rafa.....

He put so much emphasis on defence.....so much that even our strikers have to do a certain amount of defensive work.

Maybe this is why...most of our strikers under looked really poor so far....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=469784&cc=3888

Benitez demands response after Marseille woe

Rafael Benitez is demanding a reaction from his players after the shock Champions League defeat to Marseille.

Click here
Liverpool lost 1-0 at Anfield and have taken just one point from their first two games in group A.

The Reds face Spurs at home in the Premier League on Sunday and Benitez admitted: 'I want to see character from the players now, it is the only way to react after what happened against Marseille.'

Benitez left out several big name stars against Marseille and it is expected that Javier Mascherano, Dirk Kuyt, Alvaro Arbeloa - who was rested for the first time this season - John Arne Riise and Ryan Babel will all return.

Liverpool can still boast an unbeaten league record as they move into October with their best defensive domestic record in 30 years.

But Benitez will want a vastly improved team performance before another international break.

It is amazing how one defeat, their first this term, can change the mood at Liverpool so significantly when they were congratulating themselves on a solid start to their league campaign.

At this stage last season Liverpool had just 10 points from seven games, and three worrying defeats. This time around there has been a 50% improvement with 15 points from seven matches and only two penalties conceded in the league by goalkeeper Jose Reina.

'We can still improve on this,' Benitez added. 'We have only conceded penalties so far this season in the league but our opponents have created chances.

'Now I want the side to stop teams even creating chances against us, that will boost our confidence.

'I think we are defending well, but we must improve and I am sure we can.

'You can analyse some games and ask 'Why did we make this mistake or that mistake?' And we must address that.

'Consistency in defence and not conceding goals is so important. I think that we can improve a little bit by stopping teams from creating chances.'
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:57 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:So whats the problem ?

Rafas Toaster :D

My Heart goes out to Rafa Benitez's wife Montse as she tries to make the daily breakfast only to walk into the following verbals...

Rafa: Take the bread from the toaster, dear. Today we use the oven grill.

Montse: But the toaster's quicker.

Rafa: If you say to me, the toaster is best, I say OK, but I have three machines for browning bread and I must use them all.

Montse: But it'll make the kids late for school.

Rafa: We are a few weeks into the school year. If you want the toaster performing at a good level next June, then OK, you must rest it now.

Montse: Right. Oven it is. Can I use the toaster tomorrow?

Rafa: Who knows? I have to consider the George Foreman Grill also.

Made me laugh anyway
  :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion