Who can we blame?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:59 am

A couple of our targets (alleged) have already gone elsewhere this season while we appear to be dithering over signings, last season (and previous seasons) Parry took the blame for this for going on holiday etc.

Parry is no longer with us yet we still seem to be dithering while suitable players go elsewhere, were we wrong to point the finger at Parry?

On another note we have already lost out on Barry (again supposing we wanted him) due to his fear of being rotated out of the team, do you think there are other players of the same menatlity. Some footballers do actually like to play football every week rather than just every couple of weeks, are our policies a block to attracting some players? I know we would all play for free etc as we are fans, and I know some on here think that players should be falling over themselves just to play for us, but in real life we are not the draw we used to be.

Do you think the keane saga can play a part in putting off potential signings?

Just spitballing here
112-1077774096

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:15 am

peewee wrote:A couple of our targets (alleged) have already gone elsewhere this season while we appear to be dithering over signings, last season (and previous seasons) Parry took the blame for this for going on holiday etc.

Parry is no longer with us yet we still seem to be dithering while suitable players go elsewhere, were we wrong to point the finger at Parry?

On another note we have already lost out on Barry (again supposing we wanted him) due to his fear of being rotated out of the team, do you think there are other players of the same menatlity. Some footballers do actually like to play football every week rather than just every couple of weeks, are our policies a block to attracting some players? I know we would all play for free etc as we are fans, and I know some on here think that players should be falling over themselves just to play for us, but in real life we are not the draw we used to be.

Just spitballing here

I've touched on both of these points in another thread Peewee, but as usual I'm quite happy to repeat myself  :laugh:

On the Parry thing, some of us said at the time that the criticism he came in for was ridiculous. The whole "Parry signed Keane, Rafa didn't want him" thing remains to this day the most ridiculous thing I have seen people argue in favour of on Newkit. It's more ridiculous even than the delayed gazelle, a complete and utter nonsense which despite quotes direct from the manager at the time we signed Keane, some people maintain to this day. Equally, all this "if it hadn't have been for Parry's dithering we'd have had Alves, Vidic, Messi, Fabregas and every other decent player you've ever heard of" was always a load of b0ll0cks too. We've missed out on a few donkeys over the years so Parry's dithering came in handy there. I didn't expect anything to change on the transfer front once Parry had gone, and it hasn't. He did as he was told, simple as that.

As for Gareth Barry, yes of course footballers will look at how the likes of Robbie Keane and Peter Crouch faired at Liverpool and think twice. I think there's a bit of a myth that British players can't handle "rotation". It's b0ll0cks of course, but they say it anyway. I think what British players cannot handle is silliness, tinkering, fecking around, names in a hat styling with no rhyme nor reason to it.

When Peter Crouch was in the form of his life for both Liverpool and England, he will have known it. He's quite a clever lad, and he will have known that at that moment he was at just about the pinnacle of his career. "Resting" him, "rotating"him during this period is/was madness. Inevitably, it resulted in him losing his form completely. When Robbie Keane was strugglin at Liverpool, he will have known it because he's a clever lad too. Now on both of the occasions he scored two goals in a game for Liverpool, he was dropped for the next match. That's just being silly, ridiculous selection is I'm sure what British based players have a problem with.

If one or two are looking at such things and considering alternative options it is hardly surprising. Barry probably wants to play in the World Cup in South Africa and doesn't think that a stint at left midfield, left back, centre half and on the bench at Liverpool would do him a big favour. He's probably right in truth.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:24 am

The over inflated prices of players perhaps  ??? ?

Or shall we just blame Rafa cause Ronaldo cost 80 million.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:26 am

Ciggy wrote:The over inflated prices of players perhaps  ??? ?

peewee started the thread, maybe he's hoping someone will say Kuyt  :laugh:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:29 am

I never mentioned rafa, you should know by now if I wanted to slate rafa I would be more direct
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:30 am

Owzat wrote:

d!ckhead, the more you try and be funner the sadder it gets
112-1077774096

Postby RobinHood6969 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:38 am

peewee wrote:A couple of our targets (alleged) have already gone elsewhere this season while we appear to be dithering over signings, last season (and previous seasons) Parry took the blame for this for going on holiday etc.

Just spitballing here

I dont think players will be put off by competition within the team peewee.. only very few pussy players like Barry (whose intention shd have been money) would opt out due to rotatophobia
RobinHood6969

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:45 am

peewee wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Poor little pee, touchy and pathetic and feeling "comedic supremacy" over someone. That's not the first time your automatic response is insults, you're lucky the mods just ignore you like perhaps the rest of us should.

You should look in the mirror before calling someone that by the way. If you had an iota of intelligence you might see what your pathetic remarks about others and Kuyt actually make you
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:18 am

What a croc of :censored:.....Barry went to city for money......world cup,rotation blah :censored: blah...money,money and more money...that's the thing that attracts most players..money
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:21 am

Owzat wrote:
peewee wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Poor little pee, touchy and pathetic and feeling "comedic supremacy" over someone. That's not the first time your automatic response is insults, you're lucky the mods just ignore you like perhaps the rest of us should.

You should look in the mirror before calling someone that by the way. If you had an iota of intelligence you might see what your pathetic remarks about others and Kuyt actually make you

I propose handbags at ten paces for the pair of ye !!  :idea
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Boocity » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:25 am

Barry's excuse of the rotation at Liverpool is a joke, he wanted to come here last season and was not concerned about rotation at that point. Last season Rafas rotation was far far less than in the 07/08 season.

He went to City for the money, pure and simple, no ambition, scared of competing for a place.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:27 am

peewee wrote:I never mentioned rafa, you should know by now if I wanted to slate rafa I would be more direct

Its pretty obvious you mean Rafa.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:49 am

If Tevez goes to City ,it will be for money,when Tevez is advised to leave City it will be for money...when the owners leave City and take their money the players will leave because of money.......we haven't got any money..we are not gonna get any money...and Barry wanted money Tevez and his owner wants money, they all want money.....

Rafa Benitez is probably working harder than anyone to secure signings for Liverpool but we aren't in a position to offer buckets of money...we have to hope that the players we want ,desire Champions League football,want to play in front of the most passionate of fans and to play with a squad of very talented players in the red shirt....and get paid a lot of money. Sadly some players prefer to sign for the money and if they end up at Hull on £300,000 a week they couldn't give a :censored:.

Greed , greed avarice and greed, sky,setanta,greed ,fa,greed ,uefa,greed,fifa,greed...avarice greed and babes with big ti.ts.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:00 am

I like the last bit.

Players only go to city for money, they aint going to win jack sh1t with Hughes in charge. No matter how much money they've got
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:01 am

supersub wrote:.......and babes with big ti.ts.

you had me at babes with huge  :p    :p

:cool:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion