Hysel
2%
Other (please specify)
22%

Total votes : 55

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:49 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Whats you problem Leon lad dont like woman posting
Listen it was a spelling mistake no need to make a song  and dance about it. oh and by the way just cause you dont like a new thread dont go throwing your rattle out of you pram

Didnt know you where female.

Didnt really make a song and dance otherwise I would have posted:

Nanny Red; her ink she did smidge
She meant the grudge, but posted Judge
She talks some good stuff, this is true
But mostly she just posts loads of poo

Back two three four side two three four back two three fourfinally, on your point about closing the thread, you posted this:

I posted this article in the Liverpool v Marseille thread but i thought it should have a thread of its own.

Kinda self explanatory No ?

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby The Grudge » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:00 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Whats you problem Leon lad dont like woman posting
Listen it was a spelling mistake no need to make a song  and dance about it. oh and by the way just cause you dont like a new thread dont go throwing your rattle out of you pram

Didnt know you where female.

Didnt really make a song and dance otherwise I would have posted:

Nanny Red; her ink she did smidge
She meant the grudge, but posted Judge
She talks some good stuff, this is true
But mostly she just posts loads of poo

Back two three four side two three four back two three fourfinally, on your point about closing the thread, you posted this:

I posted this article in the Liverpool v Marseille thread but i thought it should have a thread of its own.

Kinda self explanatory No ?

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

WTF :laugh:  :laugh:
The Grudge

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:02 am

67 rotations in 12 matches  :no I am absolutely convinced after reading that, that Rafa and the "pro's" are completely wrong and I havent read one decent justification or excuse for this rotation lark.
66-1112520797

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:09 am

In fairness if I was arguing as a pro-rotationer, I would come on and say that many of the changes have been in the Champions League, which have then been reverted back to type for Premiership matches. This probably makes the stat look worse. I would also argue that as many people are imploring Rafa to "go for the league" then surely resting players in Europe is exactly what they want? No doubt somebody will come up with the injuries, the so-called "forced rotations" as well (though I must confess I was quite happy when they were referred to as just injuries but that's probably just me). The old "had Alonso and Agger been fit then we wouldn't have had to make so may changes" chestnut.

Some of it has validity, some it doesn't. In fairness, if you don't accept that changing the team has any discernable effect on how the team plays, it's all pretty irrelevent anyway. Given that premise, we might as well change eight every game rather than six as it makes no odds anyhow.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:11 am

Qoute BigMick
Hmmm, you can't have it both ways matey. If rotation is feck all to do with us playing sh!te at the moment, its hard to take seriously an argument which suggests we won the Champions League because of it. It either effects the perfomance of the team or it doesn't, and neither side can just pick outn the good bits to suit.

I think he can say that. Maybe he believes that rotation only has a positive affect on the team, and that others factors are to blame for our recent poor form.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:24 am

bigmick wrote:In fairness if I was arguing as a pro-rotationer, I would come on and say that many of the changes have been in the Champions League, which have then been reverted back to type for Premiership matches. This probably makes the stat look worse. I would also argue that as many people are imploring Rafa to "go for the league" then surely resting players in Europe is exactly what they want? No doubt somebody will come up with the injuries, the so-called "forced rotations" as well (though I must confess I was quite happy when they were referred to as just injuries but that's probably just me). The old "had Alonso and Agger been fit then we wouldn't have had to make so may changes" chestnut.

Some of it has validity, some it doesn't. In fairness, if you don't accept that changing the team has any discernable effect on how the team plays, it's all pretty irrelevent anyway. Given that premise, we might as well change eight every game rather than six as it makes no odds anyhow.

Of course if you were a "pro" you'd argue that back, but it holds very little weight in my eyes and many others I can only pressume.

I'm happy for Rafa to rotate in the CL, by all means. But even in the league he drops real hash's IMO when leaving Torres out against the likes of Pompey and Birmingham. I am no way saying we would have won if Torres played in either of those games for 90 minutes or so, but it would of given us a hell of a lot more chance in beaten both Pompey especially and Birmingham.

Rafa for me has the nuclious of players at his disposal to given the other three big teams a run for their money. But he like Houllier seems to be his own worst enemy at times, and I'd hate him to go sticking by his guns the way Houllier did.

People harp on about the fact its new age football and players are more like athletes these days, which is true. But like you said why dont Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea rotate as much as we do. We'll never get the cohesion and understanding by mixing things around each week.

This debate will go around and around and around until something gives, Rafa tries the other methods or sadly the Spaniard will leave. Unfortunately I cannot see him changing his ways and although we're a long way off from the end of the season its not looking as good as it was when Rafa played an almost unchanged team for two or was it three games at the begining of this season.
66-1112520797

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:27 am

redtrader74 wrote:Maybe he believes that rotation only has a positive affect on the team, and that others factors are to blame for our recent poor form.

Maybe he does Red I never thought of that   :D Only a positive effect, absolutely no negative effect whatsoever? It kind of makes you wonder why everybody else doesn't practice the theory to quite the same extent that we do doesn't it? Well it does me anyway, but maybe that's just me.
If it only has a positive effect, with absolutely no negatives whatsoever, why not change more players then? Just a thought.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:31 am

(somebody remind me when you get a sec' why we're not allowed to say tinkering anymore)

Because it reminds the "pro's" too much of Claudio Ranaire and we all knew what happened to the "tinkerman", so thats probably why the "pro's" dislike us from using that.

BTW, Why, who and why was little Micky's thread locked ?
66-1112520797

Postby Lucky » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:39 am

The number of the locked threads increased with the rise of the new mods, sometimes even won't bother to give an explanation.
Is this one really a surprise to you?
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:48 am

The rotation itself isn't a problem for me BM in that it's a revolutionary theory in this country which I suppose could concieveably work. As I've said a few times, we don't have to win the League to prove it is possible to change the team to the extent we do and still succeed, we just need to come somewhere close. If we continue to chop and change like we are doing but still come close, me and you are wrong fella, simple as that. If Rafa can bring us the title mate, I don't care if he plays Gerrard in goal to be honest.

One of the lads said on here that I'm getting ready with my "sensible rotation" excuse and nothing could be further from the truth. No team to the best of my knowledge has ever won the League by playing the same team in every single game, and obviously nobody has ever won it by rotating to the extent that we do.

My feeling is that one of two things will happen. Either we will see a fairly drastic reduction in the scale of alterations to the team sheet (somebody remind me when you get a sec' why we're not allowed to say tinkering anymore) which will result in success, or we won't and Rafa will leave at the end of the season. "Snsible rotation", "swallowing of pride" or "seeing the light". As long as it gets us within shouting distance of the title, I don't give a feck.

As I lay here on this warm Friday night infront of the laptop, while drinking forever more Bundy Rum and watching a movie. You'll excuse me for my sluuurinesss ways, and hard of grasping posts.

Mick you answered that in such a mannor I feel it almost resembled a pollutitions  answer, in the fact there was no real answer.

" The rotation itself isn't a problem for me BM in that it's a revolutionary theory in this country which I suppose could concieveably work." to quote little Micky

It seems rotation itself isnt YOUR prblem, but for me thats your biggest gripe with Rafa.

So in Lehmans terms :D

Would you be happy to see Rafa here next season, continuing with his own methods of rotation and finding ourselves in the same predicament we are in now ?

A simple Yes or No will be suffice Mick :D
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:49 am

Lucky wrote:The number of the locked threads increased with the rise of the new mods, sometimes even won't bother to give an explanation.
Is this one really a surprise to you?

Terry bubble isnt it lucky, would you care to share a Pineapple with me instead then ?  :D
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:56 am

Bamaga man wrote:
(somebody remind me when you get a sec' why we're not allowed to say tinkering anymore)

Because it reminds the "pro's" too much of Claudio Ranaire and we all knew what happened to the "tinkerman", so thats probably why the "pro's" dislike us from using that.

I decided it was too inflamitory so I locked it.
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:58 am

Bamaga man wrote:Would you be happy to see Rafa here next season, continuing with his own methods of rotation and finding ourselves in the same predicament we are in now ?

Well its not quite that simple because we are currently within spitting distance of the top of the league. The key of course comes later in the season.

No wriggling though, if Rafa continues to change the team at the rate that he currently is, and at the end of the season we are absolutely nowhere near in the Premiership again (which by my definition would mean both that the system itself and his ability to adapt to a situation had been proven to be categorically flawed,) then yes I would be advocating a change at the end of this season.

I hold out more hope though than pretty much anybody on here that Rafa will drastically reduce his rotation and we will get back into the title race. I posted up our team for the game against Spurs about two days ago, mark my words that is THE team he will play. He is not daft and there is still plenty of time.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Just checked and you picked the same team as me Mick, or maybe I just copied yours :D
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:01 pm

s@int wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

I decided it was too inflamitory so I locked it.

You love it, you wouldnt lock it S@int.  :D
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion