8 th
No votes
Lower than 8 th
3%

Total votes : 66

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:43 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:40 am wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:34 am wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:18 pm wrote:Stating a fact that someone isn't a great player isn't being critical.

Like i said, he's not bad, but he's nowhere near as good as what he's being made out to be.

Bit like alot of our other players, which is exactly why we've struggled the last few years.

FYI - stating that someone isn't a great player is an opinion not a fact.

So if I say a blind fella with one footy is better than Suarez is that an opinion or fact?

Do you mean, if you say Suarez is better than a blind person with one foot is that opinion or fact ?

The way you wrote it doesnt make sense, unless you think the blind one footed person is infact better than Suarez  ???
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Do you mean, if you say Suarez is better than a blind person with one foot is that opinion or fact ?

The way you wrote it doesnt make sense, unless you think the blind one footed person is infact better than Suarez  ???

It makes perfect sense. An opinion can't be wrong... So I'm not wrong if I say a person with one foot and is blind is better than Suarez...

According to some people anyway ???
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:10 pm

jacdaniel » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:39 am wrote:Going to be interesting to see how we cope with the pressure now.
At times over the last 3 years we've played / done well in the 2nd half of the season when 4th has already been lost. 
Can we actually get involved and stay in the fight this season.  It would be progress if we did, even if we do eventually fall short.

Staying in the fight for a CL spot would be a big sign of progress - keeps the big players fit and it's a possibility but one injury to Sturridge or Suarez or Coutinho and we will struggle.

Still think 6th is where we will end up because I still can't see us above the other 5 at the moment
Benny The Noon

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:40 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:10 pm wrote:
jacdaniel » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:39 am wrote:Going to be interesting to see how we cope with the pressure now.
At times over the last 3 years we've played / done well in the 2nd half of the season when 4th has already been lost. 
Can we actually get involved and stay in the fight this season.  It would be progress if we did, even if we do eventually fall short.

Staying in the fight for a CL spot would be a big sign of progress - keeps the big players fit and it's a possibility but one injury to Sturridge or Suarez or Coutinho and we will struggle.

Still think 6th is where we will end up because I still can't see us above the other 5 at the moment

Yeah 6th might not be a total disaster if we can at least be in with a shot going into the final 5 games or so. 
That and maybe a trophy or a final would be a decent campaign and we can continue bringing in more quality next summer.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:55 pm

jacdaniel » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:39 am wrote:Going to be interesting to see how we cope with the pressure now.

thats a good point mate, there`s a lot more pressure when there is something is riding on the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:25 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:55 pm wrote:
jacdaniel » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:39 am wrote:Going to be interesting to see how we cope with the pressure now.

thats a good point mate, there`s a lot more pressure when there is something is riding on the game.

...or we could finally see them boys turned into men  :nod
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:05 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:12 am wrote:
Kenny Kan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:07 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:44 pm wrote:our next 6 league games (before we play arsenal on the 2nd of november) are deffo winnable, like all prem games they will be tough but we`ll go into every one of them as favourites.
if we could win them all we`d exert a hell of a lot of pressure on the teams around us.

I think our next one is going to be our hardest thus far, Swansea away. That'll be tricky.

I agree although they haven't had the greatest start, Michu looks well off it.

We have done the real tricky bit by beating Utd. Now comes the test of winning games we should be winning plus maybe another Utd scalp.

Septembers fixtures are

Swansea (A) PL
Southampton (H) PL
Man Utd (A) LC
Sunderland (A) PL

Excluding Man Utd, if we are to mount any real challenge to 4th this season it should be another 3 wins.

Man U and Swansea away will be difficult, but Southampton home and Sunderland are definitely teams that we should be beating. I'll be happy if we get 6-7 points from those 3 league games.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:55 pm

StuYesThatStu » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 pm wrote:I think fifth or six is realistic. I can't see it being better than that.

Suarez is a fabulous player, Gerrard too, even at his age. Enrique is quality and Coutinho has alot about him... but beyond that I don't see any really good players.

Sturridge is ok and will do well in a good side, but he's nothing special for me, he has to many major weaknesses (reminds me a bit of Andy Cole) and the amount of times he should pass and doesn't is really starting to grate my nerves. Agger is another who is ok, as are Aspas and Lucas, but they aren't top players.

The rest of the team like Johnson, Skyrtel, Allen, Henderson are quite frankly embarrassments to the shirt in my opinion.

If we can sign a quality right back, centre half and forward thinking midfielder (similar to Yaya Toure (in style) aswell as getting Pepe back next season then we may be in business, but for me we are still at least four players away from anything like a realistic challenge, as promising as the start is.

I do agree with you about Skrtel and Allen, but I think Henderson has more than running in him, sometimes he can play the good pass and get into positions to score goals, Well Johnson is a good player to me, ok he is dodgy in defense, I would actually prefer Martin Kelly as he is better defensively. I would say we do have a good core players for a top 8 finish, hopefully with Sakho on board (who I really really rate a lot) our defense would look strong. To me is the midfield, I think we need a Mascherano or another Alonso playing a long side Gerrard. I like Lucas, I really do, I think he could be a good squad player but not enough for me and the reason he was doing so well because we were fighting for 7th. Well I'm predicting a 6th place finish.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:04 pm

StuYesThatStu » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:45 pm wrote:Completely disagree and have never judged a player on form.

Never will.

Ability is what a player should be judged on. Form is temporary.

To say he's the best striker in the country is extremely far fetched, first he'd have to be the best at the club he's playing at and if anyone is going to tell me he's better than Suarez...

Then I'll gladly give you loads of tips on how to get started playing golf :D

Well of course he isn't better than Suarez, if Sturridge can do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcF2gk2pnUI then yes he is as good as Suarez :D

However, I think Sturridge is good enough to be in the team, can hold up the ball very well (against the Mancs for example), movement is excellent and gets into goal scoring positions. Look at Newcastle last year, the way he laid it off to Coutinho ran past the defenders and picked the ball up, then squared it to Henderson and goal!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:12 pm

metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:04 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:45 pm wrote:Completely disagree and have never judged a player on form.

Never will.

To say he's the best striker in the country is extremely far fetched, first he'd have to be the best at the club he's playing at and if anyone is going to tell me he's better than Suarez...

Well of course he isn't better than Suarez, if Sturridge can do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcF2gk2pnUI then yes he is as good as Suarez :D

However, I think Sturridge is good enough to be in the team, can hold up the ball very well (against the Mancs for example), movement is excellent and gets into goal scoring positions. Look at Newcastle last year, the way he laid it off to Coutinho ran past the defenders and picked the ball up, then squared it to Henderson and goal!

Interesting how bad that thug Collicini was against Suarez !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:13 pm

but don't take away the fact that was just a world class goal from Suarez, and I think with him on the side (contrary to some ignorant fans) we will do a lot better
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:20 pm

metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:13 pm wrote:but don't take away the fact that was just a world class goal from Suarez, and I think with him on the side (contrary to some ignorant fans) we will do a lot better

Can't wait for Luis to come back. Only people that are bitter and twisted and haven't made a mistake in their lives can honestly believe that we would be better off without him. I pity them.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:23 pm

devaney » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:20 pm wrote:
metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:13 pm wrote:but don't take away the fact that was just a world class goal from Suarez, and I think with him on the side (contrary to some ignorant fans) we will do a lot better

Can't wait for Luis to come back. Only people that are bitter and twisted and haven't made a mistake in their lives can honestly believe that we would be better off without him. I pity them.

The amount of times I've seen those silly stats about us winning more without him is ridiculous, most of these stats were at the end of last season, when we had zero pressure. Suarez is still our best player in the team, we are so f*cking lucky he stayed (even though he acted so cuntish)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:38 am

Not the greatest of performaces but away point is away point and  my summer prediction is still on track    :buttrock    :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:59 pm

devaney » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:12 pm wrote:
metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:04 pm wrote:

Never will.

Interesting how bad that thug Collicini was against Suarez !!!

Even more interesting how bad everyone else is against him.

Torres used to rape Vidic up the back side every time he played him, didn't make Vidic a bad player though.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion