When is it the right time ! - Steven gerrard

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:35 am

We wouldnt get 60-70 million 4 him, maybe if he was 2 years younger with a bigger contract but now it,d probally be near the 40 million mark

2 me theres only afew players who could replace him right now that id be (fairly) happy with

Messi (the only 1 that id be truely happy with), Ronaldo (as much as it pains me), Rooney (ditto), Aguero (because of age), Fabregas (ditto)

& thats persuming they fit in, hes a legend & its just not worth it, despite Torres impact 4 me hes still r best player by a mile
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:17 pm

I think stevie would be worth about 40 million now , taking his age into consideration but than again like heimdall has aid that 40 million still would not replace stevie .

Redblood i doubt any of them could replace him , Rooney is a striker and he can't replace nor add to what gerrard brings to this team , the same for aguero and fabrega is still too young , he ha shown glimpses here and there but has faded throughout the course of the season , like all players do , but stevie is one of the most consistent players in the world , not selling him like in my earlier post for any amount
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby John Kegs » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:00 pm

We should NEVER be thinking of selling stevie G!

First of all we would never get anything like 50 million for him, thats fantasy talk, we could get about 25 million at most, enough for one great player

Even if we could get more than that i wouldnt want to sell him, he's  our captain, a born and bred scouser who knows the liverpool way, and he's world class, i'd like him to stay till the end of his career

Theres other less important players we could sell to fetch a few bob if we're potless
John Kegs

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:59 am

all those who say gerrard isnt worth 50-60 mil reports chavski wont sell lampard for less then 20 mil so if he worth that gerrard worth 60 easy tbh.  :nod
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:23 am

LegBarnes wrote:all those who say gerrard isnt worth 50-60 mil reports chavski wont sell lampard for less then 20 mil so if he worth that gerrard worth 60 easy tbh.  :nod

Thats silly valuation by chelsea , he has only a year left on his contract
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:30 am

Toffeehater wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:all those who say gerrard isnt worth 50-60 mil reports chavski wont sell lampard for less then 20 mil so if he worth that gerrard worth 60 easy tbh.  :nod

Plus Lampard is already 30, Gerrard's only a couple of years behind him. We might get £30m-£40m for Gerrard if we sold him now, that would come down pretty rapidly for every season we keep him. We may feel he is worth more, fact is few clubs will offer silly money as those that have it are hardly going to be without at least one Gerrard (equivalent) themselves. Chelsea might just be stupid enough to pay £50m

But I say we should sell him if and when he wants to go. If we want to maximise the fee then sell him now as now is about as much as we'll get for him, considering age and the season he's just had.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:44 am

Owzat wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

Plus Lampard is already 30, Gerrard's only a couple of years behind him. We might get £30m-£40m for Gerrard if we sold him now, that would come down pretty rapidly for every season we keep him. We may feel he is worth more, fact is few clubs will offer silly money as those that have it are hardly going to be without at least one Gerrard (equivalent) themselves. Chelsea might just be stupid enough to pay £50m

But I say we should sell him if and when he wants to go. If we want to maximise the fee then sell him now as now is about as much as we'll get for him, considering age and the season he's just had.

yes this si only reason i ever want to sell gerrard i just worrie about our cash flow and he would solve it wouldnt he ?

We be able to bring in 2 good wingers with that cash.

Then finaly liverpool might be a force going forward agian.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:30 pm

Why don't we sell Torres and Mascherano aswell?

Infact, while we're at it, lets sell everyone.

Great post. :D
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:52 pm

Fo Dne wrote:Why don't we sell Torres and Mascherano aswell?

Perhaps the owners will try selling the fans.......................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Owzat wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Why don't we sell Torres and Mascherano aswell?

Perhaps the owners will try selling the fans.......................

you and fo dne ok sounds great idea £5 each to man u or everton.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby John Kegs » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:39 pm

Never said hes not worth 60mil, we just wouldnt get 60mil for him
John Kegs

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:52 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

yes this si only reason i ever want to sell gerrard i just worrie about our cash flow and he would solve it wouldnt he ?

We be able to bring in 2 good wingers with that cash.

Then finaly liverpool might be a force going forward agian.

Than who can drive the team forward with the determination that stevie does? Gerrard is IRREPLACEABLE i reckon , name me one midfileder who's as good as him and as consistent as him? Kaka? Ronaldinho? I doubt so , great players but not as good as stevie , he has that something extra , that passion for the club which plenty of players lack , 2 wingers would not solve much , it would certainly take away the goals that stevie contributes if he is sold as he deffo would score more than any winger.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:14 pm

like some have already said... Let stevie g decide... and like roy keane said the other day loyalty is a two-way street... just because we need money doesn't mean we have to cash in on one of the best players that have ever worn the red shirt... hopefully if he wants to go he would sign some contract extension so that we would get some money...:D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:53 pm

I'm really f'ucked off with this thread. We've got two players who could truly claim the title of being "world class" and here we are discussing should we sell one of them. :angry:

Even assuming we got £30 - £50 million plus for Gerrard what exactly are we going to get with the money ? . At best, 2-3 top class players with no affiliation to LFC who stick around for a couple of seasons and then demand to be transferred back to sunnier climes. At worst, the cowboys running the club use the money to service the debt they've saddled us with.

I've been supporting our club since 1954 and Gerrard is up there with Dalglish as the finest player to ever wear our shirt. No matter how much money you have, some things are irreplaceable , Steven George Gerrard MBE is one of them.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion