What will we "win" this season? - How many trophies?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

What will we "win" this season? - How many trophies?

FA Cup, UEFA Cup and Champions League place
6%
FA Cup and UEFA Cup
No votes
FA Cup and Champions League place
6%
UEFA Cup and Champions League place
6%
FA Cup
6%
UEFA Cup
No votes
Champions League place
33%
5th in the Premiership
33%
6th or below in the Premiership
11%

Total votes : 18

Postby leothelion » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:34 am

stu_the_red wrote:3 years to turn a team of dead wood into a cup winning side?

seriously? ur having a laugh aren't you?

Apart from Houllier and Wenger name someone who's done that? As for Wenger he went to an arsenal side that had a whole defence and and a keeper who'd played together for years... Houllier had practically f##k all apart from a few kids.

Your expectations are unrealistic.

1st season - start clearing out the squad and bringing in your own players and starting to set a style of play.
2nd season - try and bring in improvements and improve the squad size mainly looking at younger players with potential.
3rd season - with an established style start adding class players into the system aswell as trying to develope the youth.
4th season - start looking to finish in a CL place and looking to be a good cup side capable of beating anyone on there day. looking for consistency now aswell. the style of play should be established and in place with most of the right players.
5th season - starting to look a side capable of challenging and having the core of the squad in place, just needing minor tweaks to adjust and the odd player and some silverwhere expected maybe injuries and suspensions permitting.
6th season - good enough to win the championship or at least mount a serious challenge.
7th season - same as 6th. the squad should be complete and looking to be improved further for europian dominance.

HOW ABOUT SEASON 10,11,12 ARE THEY ALSO GOING TO BE THE SAME
ITS 5 YEARS AND NO SIGN OF IMPROVEMENT BAR THE CUPS  SEASONS AGO BUT WE,V GONE BACKWARDS SINCE ARE WE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IMPROVING
HOW LONG DO WE WAIT
HOW MANY CHANCES DO WE GIVE
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:26 pm

stu_the_red wrote:3 years to turn a team of dead wood into a cup winning side?

seriously? ur having a laugh aren't you?

Wenger managed the double within that time and Houllier won three cups in his third full season - what are you babbling on about?

???  :O  :p
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:00 pm

What will we win this season?

Well, we can't win the ones which matter.......the title and the CL.

Our only chance of winning the FA Cup will be if Arsenal, United and Chelsea field weakened teams due to the CL.

The UEFA Cup is for teams who are not good enough to compete in the CL.

I'll go for FA Cup runners up and fifth spot in the league. Houllier will declare that a success and be in charge for another season.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:42 pm

I think we'll crash out of the FA Cup, either against Pompey or another side we should beat. UEFA cup is a matter of luck, we'll need a lot to win it again. Fourth should be manageable but who'd have reckoned on us having lost seven games already?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:29 pm

I think we have a good chance of winning the FA Cup, I've just got a little feeling, were running into form just at the right time, the main thing is that Heskey stays out of the team for the rest of the season then we will be alright.

4th spot and the FA cup can salvage our season.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flea » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:36 pm

i think that we can win the FAcup but in the premiership i belive we had too bad results too win it...hope we'll be in the next champions league
Flea

Postby Owzat » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:11 am

4th or 5th with the possibility of a trohpy, what a fvcking season! "Still in three competitions" - how can Kermit try and make that sound impressive?
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flea » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:25 am

i also think that it will be a f##king season but if we don't win any thing this year gerrard houiller will leave im sure of that but i prefere to see liverpool win the tittle than seeing houiller leave
Flea

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:29 am

We're now sixth and the marked improvement that Houllier said there would be hasn't happened. He's even got the media retelling the injury crisis as though Owen and Gerrard have hardly kicked a ball all season!
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:11 pm

I see the other teams around us getting form Charlton and Fulham may start to fall of at this point but Newcastle, Bolton and Aston Villa are all starting to mount realistic Champions league bids.  By this stage we should have been away from them but now we've got 5 other teams challenging for 4th.   We're we as good as two seasons ago, I'd say don't sweat it but the odds are now 5/1 against us getting the 4th place.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:01 pm

We've lost once to all but Newcastle above us (so far), could that be an omen that we'll finish fifth or lower?
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:08 pm

GerraRd17Rob wrote:Dont blame everything on GH, im not his biggest fan either, but injuries have been a problem, and I was critcal at the signings he had made thinkin they were s##t, but seeing a player like Bruno play the way he has been ... gives us hope  !

stop using G.H's excuse pls. Why blame on injury? even when full strength team play,  any result achieved? cr#p players plus 1 big cr#p manager
whylongball?

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:51 pm

only 7 out of 17 of us think we will end up with no more than a UEFA Cup place and no trophy. On this season's (indifferent) form, I don't know how anyone who has seen us can be that confident we'll achieve anything
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:38 pm

We have the ability to beat anyone in a cup competition,sadly we seem unable to carry that single-minded determination into a sustained league campaign.It's reminiscent of the treble season,when we didn't play particularly well,but we were able to produce enough effort to see us win the cups.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion