Are we good enough to win trophies next season!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby killerp » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:10 am

Carling Cup, FA Cup yes.

League no.....not yet :)
killerp

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:10 pm

As it stands we have as good a chance as any to win the FA and Carling cup.

I think the league is out of reach, we need a few more signings and time to bed them in, perhaps next season if all goes well this season.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
zarababe wrote:Course we r good enuff.. impossible is nothing !

The skanks scraped the league with luck and cheating. Purple nose is sh'itting himself now that KK, the only person who gets the better of him, is back. His team is in transition and wont be able to handle the pressure this season. Rooney is the english Messi? Yeah right. Hahahahahahah
Chelsea have a new, young, green manager and a bunch of pensioners. This means they will have to either go with what theyve got and fail again or disrupt the whole system and start again. They also have an egotistical owner who brings instability with his interfering and obsession with the CL.
Arsenal are basically fu'cked with nearly all their major players wanting out. Even if they stay their hearts wont be in it. Wenger is too stubborn to change and his methods dont work any more
City will have the same ego problems with the players because they are over paid and prima donnas. Tevez wants out, Ballotelli is a pr'ick, etc, etc. Mancini is not strong enough to dominate his divas and considering the money spent and players brought in they should have pi'ssed the league last season.
Spurs wont do as well as last season where we virtually gifted them 5th spot in our game against them. There are rumblings with Modric and Bale unsettled and wanting away and Arry is a loose cannon who wants the england job
So
We can win the double or even the treble this season without a doubt
:buttrock

:wwww

Gotta love it !! Dont forget about the community shield ! In the bag I tell you ! ManUtd are done and as such wont win it, and ManCity are a bunch of divas who also wont win it...   :nod
Last edited by aCe' on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:25 pm

aCe' wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

The skanks scraped the league with luck and cheating. Purple nose is sh'itting himself now that KK, the only person who gets the better of him, is back. His team is in transition and wont be able to handle the pressure this season. Rooney is the english Messi? Yeah right. Hahahahahahah
Chelsea have a new, young, green manager and a bunch of pensioners. This means they will have to either go with what theyve got and fail again or disrupt the whole system and start again. They also have an egotistical owner who brings instability with his interfering and obsession with the CL.
Arsenal are basically fu'cked with nearly all their major players wanting out. Even if they stay their hearts wont be in it. Wenger is too stubborn to change and his methods dont work any more
City will have the same ego problems with the players because they are over paid and prima donnas. Tevez wants out, Ballotelli is a pr'ick, etc, etc. Mancini is not strong enough to dominate his divas and considering the money spent and players brought in they should have pi'ssed the league last season.
Spurs wont do as well as last season where we virtually gifted them 5th spot in our game against them. There are rumblings with Modric and Bale unsettled and wanting away and Arry is a loose cannon who wants the england job
So

Gotta love it !! Dont forget about the community shield ! In the bag I tell you ! ManUtd are done and as such wont win it, and ManCity are a bunch of divas who also wont win it...   :nod

Ok I'll bite
Why not?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
aCe' wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

So

Ok I'll bite
Why not?
???

Thommo

The Football Association Community Shield (formerly the Charity Shield) is English football's annual match contested between the champions of the previous Premier League season and the holders of the FA Cup

Guess that puts us out of the equation  :(
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:22 pm

We are in a period of rebuilding and I don't expect us to challange for major honours over night. But a push for 4th and an FA Cup would be a great season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:23 pm

The FA Cup or Carling Cup, we stand a chance, but the to be PL champions, dream on....

It's not because Kenny is not good enough, it's the players we've got. Except for Suarez, we don't have nor are we going to sign any world class players we desperately need to win the PL because we cannot offer even Europa football. I don't blame the quality players for not opting for Liverpool. I wouldn't if I were them but as a die hard Kopite, I would love to see Messi or David Villa coming in but would players of those calibre chose Liverpool at its current state? I think we all know the answer to that.

Realistically, I'll be happy with a 4th place finish and improve from there in season 2012/13 which is possible with Kenny in charge and with quality players coming in.

I prefer not to be overly optimistic because I've been disappointed sooooo many times in the past. So I predict we won't beat Sunderland (they will come to defend and try to poach a goal), lose to Arsenal and will be in the relegation zone after the first 5 games and then gradually pick up our stride and start moving up north and will be one of the contenders for 4th place come May 2012. I'd rather now be pessimistic and hope for a pleasant surprise.

Liverpool have gone downhill so much due to dud past owners, dud managers with their dud signings. All these cannot be rectified with a change of manager and owners overnight. It will take at least 3 seasons of wise management to bring back the glory days.

Sorry for being so blunt.
alwayslfc

Postby worcester_red » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:35 pm

i think it depends on how well Chelsea play and how settled and injury fee a season we can have. We had a superb end to last season, bar the last few games where I think we basically gave up or deliberately let 5th spot slide. I certainly think Manure are on the decline though and Citeh will never win with Mancini in charge.
If we can play the whole season like we did at the end then why not, we picked up more points in the last 10'ish games than any other team and we have youth on our side, plenty of promising youngsters and a great strike force.
worcester_red

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:43 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
aCe' wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

So

Ok I'll bite
Why not?
???

Thommo

The Football Association Community Shield (formerly the Charity Shield) is English football's annual match contested between the champions of the previous Premier League season and the holders of the FA Cup

Guess that puts us out of the equation  :(

I know Woof
I was just wondering why he was being sarcastic?
Thommo's perm

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:47 pm

alwayslfc wrote:The FA Cup or Carling Cup, we stand a chance, but the to be PL champions, dream on....

It's not because Kenny is not good enough, it's the players we've got. Except for Suarez, we don't have nor are we going to sign any world class players we desperately need to win the PL because we cannot offer even Europa football. I don't blame the quality players for not opting for Liverpool. I wouldn't if I were them but as a die hard Kopite, I would love to see Messi or David Villa coming in but would players of those calibre chose Liverpool at its current state? I think we all know the answer to that.

Realistically, I'll be happy with a 4th place finish and improve from there in season 2012/13 which is possible with Kenny in charge and with quality players coming in.

I prefer not to be overly optimistic because I've been disappointed sooooo many times in the past. So I predict we won't beat Sunderland (they will come to defend and try to poach a goal), lose to Arsenal and will be in the relegation zone after the first 5 games and then gradually pick up our stride and start moving up north and will be one of the contenders for 4th place come May 2012. I'd rather now be pessimistic and hope for a pleasant surprise.

Liverpool have gone downhill so much due to dud past owners, dud managers with their dud signings. All these cannot be rectified with a change of manager and owners overnight. It will take at least 3 seasons of wise management to bring back the glory days.

Sorry for being so blunt.

which top sides have signed world class players so far?

I dont think many expect the league, we could challenge perhaps but its gonna take a few more signings

4th would be great, at least back into the elite
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby parchpea » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:54 pm

The aim will be top 4 and that in itself will be an acheivement at this point. That last champs league birth should be a realistic target with Arsenal having stuttered through the last couple of months of the campaign. I would not be getting over excited about going any higher with the top 3 looking strong and having the finance to make further improvement but ofcourse we hope to be excited ourselves by further transfer activity. At a push Chelsea could dip unless they spend big which you assume they will and Citys only handicap is their manager, and the Mancs, well we know they will be hard to catch unfortunately.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Without European football we should be able to put a lot more focus on the domestic cups.
But top 4 is now so important that we're starting to see the likes of Birmingham, Portsmouth, Stoke etc winning trophies and competing in finals.

With no European footie though, we should be able to have a real go in these cups. 
Id hate it if we only had 40 games to play next season.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Shove yer domestic cups , Premiership title and Europe is the holy grail. 

On our day we can beat anyone BUT over an entire season we're not yet ready to take the title, best we can hope for is a top four finish and a return to Europe (I know they miss us :D )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby alwayslfc » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:48 am

woof woof ! wrote:Shove yer domestic cups , Premiership title and Europe is the holy grail. 

On our day we can beat anyone BUT over an entire season we're not yet ready to take the title, best we can hope for is a top four finish and a return to Europe (I know they miss us :D )

[quote]

Yeah, don't forget, when it's not our day, we can lose to anyone too like 1-3 thrashing by West Ham where we played like novice and seemed to be afraid of the ball and just whacked it to no man's land many times. I hope not to see this kind of very un-Liverpool football next season.
alwayslfc

Postby aCe' » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:11 am

alwayslfc wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Shove yer domestic cups , Premiership title and Europe is the holy grail. 

Yeah, don't forget, when it's not our day, we can lose to anyone too like 1-3 thrashing by West Ham where we played like novice and seemed to be afraid of the ball and just whacked it to no man's land many times. I hope not to see this kind of very un-Liverpool football next season.

The best sides are always the hardest to beat... That is exactly why we need to improve the back line in our starting 11 before spending money on squad players and youngsters with potential...

Regardless of what anyone else says, the main reason why Man Utd are where they are today is their CB partnership of Vidic and Ferdinand and a top goalkeeper in VDS ... Add to that the fact that their backup CBs are very strong and its understandable how they still pick up points when their front line are not firing or their key attacking players are missing... Nicking a goal to win 1-0 or thumping a side 4-1 both amount to 3-point in the table.

Long story short, key to 4th spot / challenging for the title is consistency.. With the CBs we have at the club right now, with a RB who isn't particularly strong defensively, and no established LB in the side, we DONT have the foundation to go out and pick up points and wins when we aren't playing particularly well...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion