Are we good enough to win trophies next season!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:08 am

aCe' wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Shove yer domestic cups , Premiership title and Europe is the holy grail. 

On our day we can beat anyone BUT over an entire season we're not yet ready to take the title, best we can hope for is a top four finish and a return to Europe (I know they miss us :D )

Yeah, don't forget, when it's not our day, we can lose to anyone too like 1-3 thrashing by West Ham where we played like novice and seemed to be afraid of the ball and just whacked it to no man's land many times. I hope not to see this kind of very un-Liverpool football next season.

The best sides are always the hardest to beat... That is exactly why we need to improve the back line in our starting 11 before spending money on squad players and youngsters with potential...

Regardless of what anyone else says, the main reason why Man Utd are where they are today is their CB partnership of Vidic and Ferdinand and a top goalkeeper in VDS ... Add to that the fact that their backup CBs are very strong and its understandable how they still pick up points when their front line are not firing or their key attacking players are missing... Nicking a goal to win 1-0 or thumping a side 4-1 both amount to 3-point in the table.

Long story short, key to 4th spot / challenging for the title is consistency.. With the CBs we have at the club right now, with a RB who isn't particularly strong defensively, and no established LB in the side, we DONT have the foundation to go out and pick up points and wins when we aren't playing particularly well...

I've always felt the same.  I personally feel Vidic is probably the best CB in the world, and that pairing has been the best in the world for a few years now.  VDS has been one of the top 2 keepers in the premier league for quite some time as well.

With the back spine like that, it really just makes it hard to score on them and puts a lot more pressure on the opponents in general. 

Couple seasons ago manure went 12 games without conceding a goal and those 3 are why.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Basil » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:18 am

I think the opposite, the mancs win games because they have so many attacking options, roony, giggs, berbatov, hernandez, nani, valencia.

We've beaten them by keeping the ball away from the above and their defence has not looked so good.
Basil

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:54 am

woof woof ! wrote:Shove yer domestic cups , Premiership title and Europe is the holy grail. 

On our day we can beat anyone BUT over an entire season we're not yet ready to take the title, best we can hope for is a top four finish and a return to Europe (I know they miss us :D )

Looking at them, Jesus said, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Mathew 19:26 (nearly half past seven)
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby Boocity » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:22 am

alwayslfc wrote:

Yeah, don't forget, when it's not our day, we can lose to anyone too like 1-3 thrashing by West Ham where we played like novice and seemed to be afraid of the ball and just whacked it to no man's land many times. I hope not to see this kind of very un-Liverpool football next season.

God your depressing, reading your posts makes me want to go an slash my wrists  :(
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion