What was with all the hints ? - From ian wright and hanson.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon May 15, 2006 8:08 am

After another fantastic weekend no voice left again all in a good cause again :buttrock watched the final again that I recorded, how many times did Ian Wright throw hints about SWP coming to us, and Hanson said to him refering to Gerrard "he's a player that any father would be proud if their son played alongside with" then they all started laughing?
Do they know something we dont?

Wright was talking about how SWP hadnt been given a fair crack at the whip at Chelsea and has now lost his England place because of it. Hansen then said acting as a bit of a scout, said that Liverpool could be the team for him.
Hansen jokingly said 'well have a word with him', to Wrighty to which a load of laughs again.

There was just loads of hints dropped from Ian Wright himself he said the other week aswell when him and SWP where at Anfield he said infront of our fans, you should have signed for Liverpool.

Two major stumbeling blocks though the price and Chelsea selling such a good player to major rivals.
But surely the arrivals of Ballack today and Shevchenco there will be even less chance of SWP playing on a regular basis for them next season.
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon May 15, 2006 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:21 am

Going by the way Ian was acting i would say Sean is on his way to us but you are right, HOW MUCH?  if you read the press they have him from anything from 13m to 22m (22m coming from Sky sports last sunday).
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon May 15, 2006 8:30 am

It may be more of case of Ian wanting to SWP coming to a club where he be treated with respect and not stay at club where he just another talent that can rot away in reserves

I certainly welcome him with open arms if it was true
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon May 15, 2006 8:31 am

I've heard similar rumours regarding us signing him in the summer for around 12-14m. All we can say really is maybe?

I'm only just recovering from saturday, my voice is finally recovering. Talk about hoarse!

I'd love to see that Forum vote on LFC Player of the season get repeated, I was amazed how many put other player about Stevie G as player of the year when it was last done
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Mon May 15, 2006 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:31 am

I have just beem telling a worl colleague about that!!!

Unfortunately Chelsea will never let him come here !!!

Here's hoping I am wrong      :)

Fantastic player and a crying shame what those mercenaries have done to him in World Cup year!!!

Man would he have a point to prove if we could get him!!!
RedWolf35

Postby andy_g » Mon May 15, 2006 9:23 am

i've been reading quite a bit about this although myself i don't remember any of what was actually said on the telly during half time or whenever as i was probably getting more beers, having a wazz or giving my expert opinion to any one around me who would listen. apparently they were all in on what seemed to be some kind of in joke. of course, its impossible to say if there is any substance or meaning to their words or wether it was just an empty joke at wrighties expense. that lot are such a bunch of 'geezers' that its mostly difficult to take anything they say seriously.

i've also been hearing reports about robben possibly heading out of stamford bridge so i'm not sure if they would sell swp as well and effectively half their options on the wing. we're well and truly getting into silly season now and its impossible to know what to believe - whether we'll have a team next season consisting of swp, benayoun, kuyt, defoe, van nistelrooy, ashton, joaquin etc etc or not is anybody's guess.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon May 15, 2006 9:29 am

I doubt Rafa would pay more than £10m for him, he's good but nowhere near £22m worth.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vin06 » Mon May 15, 2006 9:34 am

I doubt Ian Wright would want SWP to come to LFC as he is an Arsenal fan himself! Surely he would want him 2 go to the gunners
xXx Little Knowledge is Dangerous xXx
vin06

Postby AussieKopite » Mon May 15, 2006 9:36 am

It would be nice to have him wouldn't it???
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon May 15, 2006 10:31 am

could just be a case of the studio pundits talking bollox - wouldn't be the first time.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scott P » Mon May 15, 2006 10:34 am

Would be good to see SWP on the right for us! Didnt Wrighty do the same thing when SWP was on his way to chelsea, or did someone put that in my head on sat as cant really remember much:p
Scott P

Postby 73-1141222089 » Mon May 15, 2006 10:45 am

SWP?.... well now.... that is interesting..... He can play this boy.... would be a definite asset to the team....
Thing I like about him is that he not only plays the wing well but he's no slouch with his defensive duties.... Final ball delivery into the box still needs work but plenty there to suggest that all it'll need is a little practice and a good target man to aim for..... Really feel for the lad and what JoseM has done to him in a world cup year is a damn shame.... but he knew the risks.....

England could have used him as cover for Beckham....

He was sold to Chelski for 21 million wasn't he? Doubt it if they'd let him go for 10+ million (which is my estimate of his true market value).... Plus, it wouldn't make sense for them to sell him to us (being one of their rivals next year) would it?... It'd be like handing another bullet to the guy who shot you down twice before.....  :D
And they're probably still smarting about their inability to prise Gerrard away... so seriously doubtfull we'll get him.....

BUT..... no harm trying..... :laugh:
73-1141222089

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon May 15, 2006 12:32 pm

Did you see Alan Hansen's eyebrows?  He must have got pissed and someone has had a laugh because they were TINY!!!!!! Someone has shaved them off as a joke.
jonnymac1979

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 15, 2006 1:07 pm

i think it was a joke that got carried on through the entire programme.  I personally thought Linker's joke about Sherarer texting Bellamy was far funnier!  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Mon May 15, 2006 1:10 pm

i cant see jose selling SWP to liverpool.

remember chelsea don't have to sell him..
kobashi

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion