Wright-phillips or a striker? - Who would you buy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:36 pm

Get another striker in .
Did I hear recently that Defoe was not happy at Spurs ?
mmmmmmmmmm ???
:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:50 pm

Given his current form Defoe will cost us.

Morientes although cuptied would be my striker of choice and I think our need for strikers outweighs that for midfielder although I do rate SWP, we need a quality RM and the original poster made some valid points. Nothing really happened down our right side on Wednesday apart from a few runs by Kewell early in the first side - unusual to see him on the right dont you think.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:52 pm

Both Defoe and the Wright-Phillips brothers will have a prize-tag which we cannot afford. Imo we`ve got plenty of strikers for the future as both Cissè, Baros, Pongolle and Mellor are till young, and I`m hoping that we will sign an experienced striker in Jan, i.e. Morientes or even Anelka if he`s allowed to leave Manchester City for a reasonable price.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:02 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I wouldnt mind Rafa tryin to get his brother at anfield

is Rafa's brother any good then?

nah seriously, some good points, but how people cant see that we need a striker is a bit beyond me.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:14 pm

I think Defoe would deffo be the one for us. player in the same mould as Michael Owen but probably a little bit more keen to prove himself.  Get him for 10 million and that woiuld be a great signing
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby whylongball? » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:26 pm

if we get a striker, we need to get s.o who can hold the ball and has great finishing. But 4-5-1 seems so good after Arsenal game so 
why not SWP?
whylongball?

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:35 pm

Morientes wants to go back to monaco plus we need a striker that isnt cup tied. Chelsea want Defoe and are said to be putting a bid in for 20mill for him, hes no way worth that, but they will buy any good player to ruin any team they want.
We need a proven prem striker duno who tho?
City want Henchoz I reckon we could swap him for Bradley WP.
Plus I think the funds will be available for Rafa to buy a defender, plus a striker, as Hypia although still good hes lacking pace and its starting to show.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:43 pm

Got a feeling we might bring anelka back ? ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion