What was with all the hints ? - From ian wright and hanson.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby H_K_LFC » Mon May 15, 2006 1:11 pm

7_Kewell wrote:i think it was a joke that got carried on through the entire programme.  I personally thought Linker's joke about Sherarer texting Bellamy was far funnier!  :D

lol that was quality

:D  :laugh:  :D
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon May 15, 2006 1:20 pm

kobashi wrote:i cant see jose selling SWP to liverpool.

remember chelsea don't have to sell him..

We can but hope. I was in a busy bar and coudn't really make out the comments from Hansen and Wright (that plus the fact I was under the influence big time). I would be delighted to see SWP at Anfield.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 15, 2006 1:24 pm

H_K_LFC wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:i think it was a joke that got carried on through the entire programme.  I personally thought Linker's joke about Sherarer texting Bellamy was far funnier!  :D

lol that was quality

even the more funnier because Sherear didnt find it funny.  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon May 15, 2006 1:29 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
H_K_LFC wrote:

lol that was quality

even the more funnier because Sherear didnt find it funny.  :laugh:

what was the joke, i dont get to see the english pundits here in Thailand
112-1077774096

Postby stmichael » Mon May 15, 2006 2:41 pm

can't believe we're signing "hanson". they've done nothing since they released "mmbop" in 1997. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon May 15, 2006 3:14 pm

stmichael wrote:can't believe we're signing "hanson". they've done nothing since they released "mmbop" in 1997. :(

:D  :laugh:  :)
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 15, 2006 3:33 pm

I think we can forget about SWP.

No matter how arrogant that tw*t at Shatford Bridge is, he realises that we're going to trample all over his rent-boy squad next season, and selling us a player we're craving just will NOT happen.

The only way Wright-Phillips will play for us is if he signs for another team and we buy him from them.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon May 15, 2006 4:31 pm

No way Chelski will sell SWP to us unless Jose is not in charge as he hated our guts.It is more likely he will sell SWP to Wigan or West Ham for 3million then to sell it to us at 10. By doing this, he can screw SWP and us! :D
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby akumaface » Mon May 15, 2006 4:33 pm

If this is true, do you prefer to pay 10 for SWP or 5 for Pennant?
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 15, 2006 7:06 pm

i noticed it myself.
at first i thought there`s no way chelsea would sell him to us but after reading about michael owen supposedly having 10 get out clauses in his contract including stuff like if the manager ever went (which he did) then it got me thinking.
maybe seeing the size of the squad at chelsea maybe wright phillips agent put in a few clauses himself like if shaun played less than x amount of games and a club came in with a bid over y amount then he could go.
something was definately going on there between lineker and wright, i got the impression lineker was hoping wright would give him (and match of the day) a big news scoop by announcing something live on the program and was trying to force him into a corner where as wright was having none of it.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon May 15, 2006 8:55 pm

I really can't see SWP coming to Liverpool, not because of the player's lack of desire to play for us or anything. It's pure down to the fact that 1. We are catching up to Chelsea. 2.Ridiculous price tag.

Providing he doesn't play a blinder for England, move in for Lennon. He's well better in my opinion and will have more years to progress seeing he is the younger of the two.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon May 15, 2006 9:12 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:I really can't see SWP coming to Liverpool, not because of the player's lack of desire to play for us or anything. It's pure down to the fact that 1. We are catching up to Chelsea. 2.Ridiculous price tag.

Providing he doesn't play a blinder for England, move in for Lennon. He's well better in my opinion and will have more years to progress seeing he is the younger of the two.

Agreed, Chelsea selling SWP to us would ne fatal suicide in all honesty and the price tag for a bench warmer like SWP will be sky high, £14million for me is still too much for a player that isn't an established member of the England team and hasn't won any silverware.
48-1119859832

Postby Ciggy » Mon May 15, 2006 11:24 pm

I see Stuart Pearce is offering him a lifeline to go back to City he was saying earlier on SSN that he can go back there. :Oo:
Bet Maurfeckinreen will let him aswell.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon May 15, 2006 11:46 pm

Never mind Chelsea not wanting to sell to us can anybody really see Rick Parry or Rafa wanting to hold any kind of negotiations with Kenyon and his chumps at shatford Bridge (praise to Lando for that one  :D ). After the way they've played dirty tricks through the media over the past two summers in trying to unsettle stevie i'd be amazed if the board and manager would be willing to add upwards of 10 million to their transfer kitty. If we did try to sign him no doubt the minute the call arrived  the asking price would jump by around £5m just because of whats gone on between the two clubs recently.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue May 16, 2006 12:01 am

I definitely think there's something to it. Lineker occasionally does things slyly like that, putting one of his panel on the spot about something he's discussed with them informally.

As I've been saying for 2 years, he'd be an ideal solution for the right. He's looked good the few times I've seen him this year, and he'll be absolutely desperate to revive his stalled career. Maureen doesn't seem to rate him now he has him, and I'd be surprised if he's at Chelsea come the end of the summer.
ivor_the_injun

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion