What was with all the hints ? - From ian wright and hanson.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BOODIDDY » Tue May 16, 2006 12:53 am

i have a friend who is well in man city's big wigs (sound like welsh wizzard) anyway he's 80% certain that shaun will be going back there on loan for a season. Liverpool cant have him on loan they have to pay 12- 14m. Thats my first and last  insider rumour.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Tue May 16, 2006 12:57 am

This could come down to player vs club power and in most recent cases player power has come out on top.
The last couple of Summers Gerrard almost went to Chelsea, Liverpool as a club were defeated by him and the only reason he didn't leave was because he changed his own mind.
Before anyone points out I realise that Chelsea have no need whatsoever to cash in on SWP should he throw his rattle out; they have enough money to sign a player for 20-24m, on a high wage, then let them sit on the bench for the rest of their contract.
It might however be worth considering the possibility of extra clauses in SWP's contract that would be to our advantage.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Tue May 16, 2006 2:58 am

Just wondered.... is there any reason a club (let's say Man City) can buy a player on a Monday (from let's say Chelsea) and then on Tuesday, on-sell that same player to a third club (let's say Liverpool)?

Can that be done or does it contravene some two transfers in one season type rule?
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue May 16, 2006 11:12 am

TheoRacle wrote:Just wondered.... is there any reason a club (let's say Man City) can buy a player on a Monday (from let's say Chelsea) and then on Tuesday, on-sell that same player to a third club (let's say Liverpool)?

Can that be done or does it contravene some two transfers in one season type rule?

i think the rule is..that a player who is signed must spend at least two months on the bench until he can be shipped out again...thats the impression i got anyway..

:D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue May 16, 2006 11:18 am

TheoRacle wrote:Just wondered.... is there any reason a club (let's say Man City) can buy a player on a Monday (from let's say Chelsea) and then on Tuesday, on-sell that same player to a third club (let's say Liverpool)?

I don't think you can be transferred twice within the same season. You can be transferred and then loaned out within the same season however.  At least that's my understanding...
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Tue May 16, 2006 11:40 am

(I'm just copying and pasting my post from the rumour mill cos im lazy)  :blush:

Just spotted something to add fuel to the flames that SWP might be leaving in the summer. I honestly think we could be signing him now. Its an article about Jose Mourinho talking about his interest in Simao.

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....e+Simao

"Simao could be the next arrival with the Blues coach revealing he is preparing to offload one of the four attacking wide-men (Joe Cole, Arjen Robben, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Damien Duff) already on the books at Stamford Bridge.

"We have four fantastic players in that position, but one will leave this summer."

What you think? Is he hinting that SWP is on the way out?
Gaunt

Postby red37 » Tue May 16, 2006 12:46 pm

"We have four fantastic players in that position, but one will leave this summer."

my money is on robben leaving.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Tue May 16, 2006 12:49 pm

Gaunt wrote:(I'm just copying and pasting my post from the rumour mill cos im lazy)  :blush:

Just spotted something to add fuel to the flames that SWP might be leaving in the summer. I honestly think we could be signing him now. Its an article about Jose Mourinho talking about his interest in Simao.

"Simao could be the next arrival with the Blues coach revealing he is preparing to offload one of the four attacking wide-men (Joe Cole, Arjen Robben, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Damien Duff) already on the books at Stamford Bridge.

lol thats nice of you! take all the credit eh?  :angry:

:laugh:

Well thats what i was intending to say in the rumor mill if anyone of you read my post
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 16, 2006 12:51 pm

I've heard they're going to loan him back to City....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue May 16, 2006 1:01 pm

I think some people are reading too much into this. Yes its true it seemed he was hinting at something with Hanson but I also remember Wright saying on that same day when he joked with SWP ast Anfield that he knows how much SWP wants to play for Chelsea.

If however he did become available and we stepped in, I think Chelsea would try and get as much for him as possible but to be realistic I dont see them asking for more than 10M as he is not even going to Germany. And if we did sign him im sure Chelsea would just go out and buy Joquin or Simao anyway. Money is no object to them so if they see that we are climbing 2 steps towards them it would probabaly be in their nature to go and sign other bigger names.

At the end of the day i think it was just a bit of joking between Hanson and Wright.

And although SWP still has ties back in Man Cuty it could be seen as a step back in his career and he knows this. If I were SWP now id want to go to a club where i could begin cementing my place in the England squad for Euro 2008 and going back to Man City isnt the way to go about it.
Last edited by tubby on Tue May 16, 2006 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Tue May 16, 2006 1:23 pm

metalhead wrote:
Gaunt wrote:(I'm just copying and pasting my post from the rumour mill cos im lazy)  :blush:

Well thats what i was intending to say in the rumor mill if anyone of you read my post

But i made those two posts before you made your topic mate.  :p
Gaunt

Postby metalhead » Tue May 16, 2006 2:10 pm

Gaunt wrote:
metalhead wrote:

But i made those two posts before you made your topic mate.  :p

oh damn!  :D

ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion