DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby killerp » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 am

Can't wait to see Sturridge link up with Suarez, Sterling & Gerrard. Be an interesting attacking foursome.

I wonder where Boroni will fit in when he is back, might keep Assaidi company on the training ground.
killerp

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 am

killerp » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:26 pm wrote:Can't wait to see Sturridge link up with Suarez, Sterling & Gerrard. Be an interesting attacking foursome.

I wonder where Boroni will fit in when he is back, might keep Assaidi company on the training ground.

Which is where he should be, learning his trade until he's good enough. Patience... patience....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:02 pm

2 in 2 is a great start and he has to become a nailed on starter for me. he is what we have been missing.
well in there lad. :bowdown
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:45 pm

he looks very sharp and he was onto that spilled shot in a flash.
takes some doing for a sub to come on in a big game like that and totally change the momentum of the game but thats exactly what danny did.
he`s been excellent since he`s arrived, he`s got genuine pace, skill, great movement and he makes things happen. if danny carries on like this that £12m is going to seem like buttons for a player of his quality. early days yet but the signs are good, infact they couldnt be much better.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:35 pm

He needs to paired with Suarez from now on as he adds a new dynamic to the team, he's very direct and isnt afraid to get some shots off, this team is powder puff going forward and Sturridge will definitely add more goals to the team, he also seems to have a natural understanding with Gerrard and Suarez, good players gel quickly and those threes quality stood out like a sore thumb among the rest of the average joes in our team.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:06 pm

Fowler_E7 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:35 pm wrote:He needs to paired with Suarez from now on as he adds a new dynamic to the team, he's very direct and isnt afraid to get some shots off, this team is powder puff going forward and Sturridge will definitely add more goals to the team, he also seems to have a natural understanding with Gerrard and Suarez, good players gel quickly and those threes quality stood out like a sore thumb among the rest of the average joes in our team.

Rodgers bottled it by not playing Sturridge from the start
I hope he learns from this mistake
Thommo's perm

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 am

I might have been wrong when I said that a player like him isn't the main thing we're missing. I still believe we need a Mata kind of winger for this tactic, but adding a player like Sturridge might have a bigger impact than I thought.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:47 am

damjan193 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 am wrote:I might have been wrong when I said that a player like him isn't the main thing we're missing. I still believe we need a Mata kind of winger for this tactic, but adding a player like Sturridge might have a bigger impact than I thought.

mata isnt really a winger.
he is a playmaker who plays central but yes i agree we need that type of player.
what about schneider :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:27 am

red till i die!! » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:47 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 am wrote:I might have been wrong when I said that a player like him isn't the main thing we're missing. I still believe we need a Mata kind of winger for this tactic, but adding a player like Sturridge might have a bigger impact than I thought.

mata isnt really a winger.
he is a playmaker who plays central but yes i agree we need that type of player.
what about schneider :laugh:

No way :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:39 am

Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Simari » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:02 am

Let's not stop welcoming Sturridge to LFC, Please drop in a 'welcome' before every game. It seems to be a good omen for him !
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:16 am

Looks like Sturridge has made a significant impact up front that we badly need. I remember when we were enquiring and later signed him, many fans disliked him saying that he was no prolific scorer and selfish and a waste of $$$. Well, looks like they've been proven wrong. I've always said Sturridge will add more teeth in our final one third and we will score more goals in the process. Whether he will be another Rush/Fowler, that remains to be seen. But I like what I'm seeing so far.
alwayslfc

Postby killerp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:37 am

Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:06 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:35 pm wrote:He needs to paired with Suarez from now on as he adds a new dynamic to the team, he's very direct and isnt afraid to get some shots off, this team is powder puff going forward and Sturridge will definitely add more goals to the team, he also seems to have a natural understanding with Gerrard and Suarez, good players gel quickly and those threes quality stood out like a sore thumb among the rest of the average joes in our team.

Rodgers bottled it by not playing Sturridge from the start
I hope he learns from this mistake

I was thinking the same thing but he is not 100% fit yet. Might need 1-2 more games off the bench to come back to full match fitness.
killerp

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:09 am

killerp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:37 am wrote:
I was thinking the same thing but he is not 100% fit yet. Might need 1-2 more games off the bench to come back to full match fitness.

If it's a question of match fitness, instead of bringing him on in a desperate attempt to get something out of the game (which we nearly did) why not start with him and bring him off sometime in the 2nd half if he began to fade ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redno7 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:07 am

took him 7 mins to score in his first game for us...       yesterday it took him 11 mins to get a goal in his first league game for us...        roll on his first game at Anfield, I reckon it'll take him 15 mins to get on the score sheet.
redno7
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion